Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2019 4:54:52 PM EDT
Guess I’ll be the beta tester for this thing, saw it on Amazon and figured I’d take the chance.

Looks exactly like the Hatsan compressor, comes with transformer for 110, and cost about half the price.

Heck, probably made in the same plant in China as the Hatsan, time will tell if I scored or screwed.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got it in today, it is an exact knock off if not an unbranded Hatsan Spark compressor, even the vent and cooling slots are in the same position and number.

A few pics...

Unboxing, of course it was upside down.
Attachment Attached File

The unit with transformer, it’ll work with 110 or 220, and also came with the cables and clamps to work with a 12 volt car battery.

Attachment Attached File

Front of the unit...

Attachment Attached File

Once it cools off a little outside tonight I’ll hook it up and get a time to fill, working temp, and decibel number on it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]
In for the field test report.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
In for the field test report.

(Sorry, airplane internet doubled)
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 2:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]
And, here we go...

Ran it tonight on a older recharged Yellow top I had in the garage.

First off, I decided to do it this way as it was just easier to hook it up, I'll wire the transformer in for later test.

As usual, the translated instructions were worse than useless, I think it was done through some computer generated program.
I did get a laugh out of them as I've dealt with similar issues when ordering direct from China, but these were what you'd expect.

After letting my garage cool down I connected it and ran it for about 30 seconds just to see if it'd even work, and it did.

Decided to fill an older Benjamin Marauder as I didn't want to risk one of my high end rifles.

The Marauder was at 1000 psi when I started, fill time to 3000 was at 3.15 minutes, not bad and a lot better than a hand pump, of course your times will vary depending on size of tank, it'd be about double for an Air Force with larger tank.

The decibel rating on an app for my phone clocked in at 95 db, most of this sound was from the fan it's self, the compressor had a very noticeable "chug" to it, but never exceeded the sound of the fan.
I had the phone at about a foot away, pump sounded a little rough at first but smoothed out in the first minute.
I'll need to back the phone off to about 3 feet next time for a better reading.

Temp got up to 60.something degrees C, that worked out to about 140 F.
According to the parts of the instructions I could decipher, it's supposed to run cooler as it breaks in, as I use it more I'll let you folks know if i's true or not.

Initial thoughts...

Not bad for a sub $400 compressor that saves your back, I think this will be the way of the future, really most PCP compressors are way overpriced to draw in a new group of shooters.

No need for oil or water cooling, BIG plus, they days of the old Young Hen compressors might be at an end.
Let's face it, even if you buy a higher end name brand, there's not all the "futzing" needed with some of the older lower priced comps (water pumps and special oils).

This can do everything from 220 to 12V, I mean really, how can you not love a portable with real outdoor abilities?
Yeah, for limited shooting a larger tank is nice, but there's the savings of at least another $350-$400 or more for a CF tank.

Biggest minuses...

No auto shut off, and really I was watching my rifles gauges not the compressors, once it hit 3000 I was done (forgot to check the comps gauge, my fault), no idea on their accuracy.

Cheap typical cigarette looking water/oil filters, that'll be an additional cost if you don't already use at least a Gold in more humid environments.

It's not quiet like a CF tank, if you're out hunting it might make a difference.

Temp display is in Centigrade, not Fahrenheit, no way to transition.

Unproven, I just used it ONCE, longevity will be the real test.

Filler hose length (to be fair my biggest gripe with every one) Really, 14" or so as a standard?
I understand that longer hoses are more prone to failure, but dang it, really?
Come on manufacturers, give us at least double that so I don't have to clean off desk or drop everything to ground level just to fill it!

FOR NOW I'm happy with it, let me put another 50 or so fills on it's books before I call it a success, but considering the price point, IF it holds up I did well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
So now that you've had it a while, what do you think?
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It works great, even field tested it with my truck battery.

Sure beats the heck out of a hand pump!

It did quiet down some after a few times of breaking in, I’m happy with it especially for the price.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 4:46:57 AM EDT
[#7]
... bought one of these last summer. Still have yet to try it out

Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't recall what I paid for my "tire pump" 20 years ago, but I know it was less than $200.

Copies now going for $50, people have paid more than that for bicycle pumps.

Quiet in the field, but 100 strokes is a workout.

Amazon Product
  • DURABLE WITH SMOOTH MOITION, sleek stainless steel construction brings smooth upward and downwards motion; 8mm copper female quick connector allows this pump to withstand over 10,000 times of tear and wear.
  • HIGH PRESSURE WITH SAFETY, high pressure goes up to 4500psi; copper female connector sealed by polyfluorene ensures leak-free performance; 21.7" flexible micro-bore hose can bear up to 80MPA pressure, safeguarding your safety with superior quality.
  • WIDE APPLICATIONS, compatible with most PCP pistols, rifles and air guns.

Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... bought one of these last summer. Still have yet to try it out

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Qz-8FaQyL._SL1000_.jpg
View Quote
I got one a few months ago. Love it!

I went over everything first and sure enough there where a few loose screws. Tightened it up. Added oil and broke it in slowly.

Filed my scuba tank from empty once. It got hot where it connected to my bottle and melted an oring.

Other than that it’s great. I find myself shooting airgun all the time now that I don’t worry about air.

I usually top off my tank from 1500-2900 psi and have done it 5 times? Filled small bottles a number of times too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top