Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2020 11:03:02 PM EDT
Straight out of the box with no mods except scope....what kind of accuracy?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The first charger I purchased was one of the old models (without the removable AR pistol grip). With a cheap Russian scope, I could easily shoot a ragged nickel-sized holes @25 yards with CCI-S.V. ammunition.

With that experience, when the new models came out with the factory threaded barrel, I bought one with the intention of using it as another suppressor host for my SiCo Sparrow. With high hopes, I mounted an actually decent scope and headed to the range. Much to my chagrin, after multiple trips to the range, a different scope, taking an in.lbs torque wrench to every screw and trying a half-dozen different loads, the BEST I could get out of the gun was ~2” @ 25yards with a wondering center of POI. Fine for plinking but disappointing compared to my earlier experience.

I guess I lucked out on the first one
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The first charger I purchased was one of the old models (without the removable AR pistol grip). With a cheap Russian scope, I could easily shoot a ragged nickel-sized holes @25 yards with CCI-S.V. ammunition.

With that experience, when the new models came out with the factory threaded barrel, I bought one with the intention of using it as another suppressor host for my SiCo Sparrow. With high hopes, I mounted an actually decent scope and headed to the range. Much to my chagrin, after multiple trips to the range, a different scope, taking an in.lbs torque wrench to every screw and trying a half-dozen different loads, the BEST I could get out of the gun was ~2” @ 25yards with a wondering center of POI. Fine for plinking but disappointing compared to my earlier experience.

I guess I lucked out on the first one
View Quote

Hmmm... Wonder what was up with that?..Did you look at the barrel and crown?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an old original charger with non threaded barrel and laminated stock/grip Harris style bipod.  No mods that effect it's mechanical accuracy just mods that effect it's shootability. Trigger job, auto bolt release, tuned extractor, that kind of stuff. No barrel/chamber work, no tighter headspaced bolt or pinned FP. I was very surprised at its great accuracy. With a LER handgun scope and it's factory bipod it hits clays at 100yds every time if the shooter does their part. It takes more concentration and patience to shoot compared to most rifles not having a shoulder stock or cheakweld.. I have shot some under 1.5" groups with it at 100yds using a 7x scope.

I have 2 of the newer chargers with threaded barrels, utg bipod, plastic stocks. Only fired 1 of them so far. It's got factory bolt and barrel but most the rest has been changed or modded. Chassis, pistol brace, 4x rifle type scope, trigger job, sound forwarder when not suppressed. 1.5" -2" groups at 50yds with bulk pack ammo, never papered it with quality ammo.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top