Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2020 11:10:21 AM EDT
Was going to wait for the Midwest Ind chassis, but I’m somewhat impatient and want something in the meantime. Have been looking at the Copper Custom adapter but it’s usually sold out and a little expensive for what it is. Has anyone tried the adapter from Farrowtech or GD Mfg?  Hoping they are at least close to the same quality as the Copper Custom.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Prefer to stick to one of the 3 options I listed, but thanks for pointing out the others. Always worried about unknowns especially from eBay.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Eform 1's get approved in under 60 days.  It is totally worth it to SBR your Charger.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Eform 1's get approved in under 60 days.  It is totally worth it to SBR your Charger.
View Quote
I’ll occasionally be using this at my brothers in a different state and don’t want to deal with taking an SBR across state lines. I’d have also gone with a normal 10/22 which would have been a little cheaper if that’s the route I was going to take. I do plan to SBR a lower before long though and I had been wondering what the wait time was so thanks for the info. And if this thing is as much fun as I expect another 10/22 may be bought in the not to distant future to do a SBR with as well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm guessing you already have a charger but incase you don't have you considered this model?

Charger with a factory brace attachment
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I ended up with the 10 inch normal synthetic stock. I’d seen that model but was exactly sure how/if it’d fit with a normal buffer tube. I knew side folders would work with it but I dint plan to use one of those. I’ve already got my tube and SBA3 brace ready.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll throw this out.. I purchased a Charger Take down at a good deal....the wood stock does not have the easily attached Copper Custom style adapter plate on the rear of the stock, that the polymer body does... I went with the PMACA aluminum chassis... I now have two... one for the Charger and one for a BRN22 16" I use for Steel Challenge ...it has SOPMOD rear stock, Hogue grip, angled fore grip on an extended lower rail, and Venom on 1/2" riser... BX Ruger trigger group and Ruger bolt
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll throw this out.. I purchased a Charger Take down at a good deal....the wood stock does not have the easily attached Copper Custom style adapter plate on the rear of the stock, that the polymer body does... I went with the PMACA aluminum chassis... I now have two... one for the Charger and one for a BRN22 16" I use for Steel Challenge ...it has SOPMOD rear stock, Hogue grip, angled fore grip on an extended lower rail, and Venom on 1/2" riser... BX Ruger trigger group and Ruger bolt
View Quote
I’ll probably eventually go to a chassis but that will be down the road a little. I’be looked at the Pmaca but interested in the new Midwest Ind that will be coming out. They’ve said it’ll ship soon but then I was told recently that they’ve still got to switch some stuff up to get everything up and running to have them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top