Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2020 4:05:16 PM EDT
So because of nerve damage on my right hand sometimes it's a little hard for me to close the lever all the way to engage the trigger block safety on my 1873. So after sending out some emails to people that some had suggested I finally settled on a spring from Pioneer Gun Works.

It may look a little intimidating with all of the fiddly bits, but actually it was quite easy. There is a few videos on YouTube by a fellow, mannyCA, that is quite detailed on taking apart and putting back together the 1873 from Uberti.

Maybe about 45 minutes worth of work because I'm taking my time the first time. But it was quite easy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of spring does it use? I just recently reworked the lever safety spring in my Miroku Winchester 1873. Now simply closing the lever disables the safety.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pokey074:
What kind of spring does it use? I just recently reworked the lever safety spring in my Miroku Winchester 1873. Now simply closing the lever disables the safety.
View Quote

The original one is coiled and has a shorter tabs on it, it is also very stiff.

The new one looks like this

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of spring does it use? I just recently reworked the lever safety spring in my Miroku Winchester 1873. Now simply closing the lever disables the safety.
View Quote

My miroku is the same way. I just bend the spring until it wasn't as tight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HawkCreek:

My miroku is the same way. I just bend the spring until it wasn't as tight.
View Quote

I wish the original one could have been reworked. I tried when I took it out. It is thicker diameter wire and it is very stout.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I found with mine the flat hammer spring was actually pushing down on the lever safety spring. Simply straightening it out stopped that and fixed the problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top