Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2020 10:12:13 AM EDT
I just created a trust though Silencer Shop. I'm the trustee, my wife is the beneficiary. If I transfer two suppressors to the trust, then later want to change my wife to a trustee so that she can possess the suppressors without me, how do I do that? Is there anything else required besides an amendment? Photo and fingerprints?
It's all very confusing to me, and I want to do it right.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I would think Silence Shop could help you with that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]
IANAL, butt... You'll still need a beneficiary to have a valid trust.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You basically have to do all the same things for her that you did for yourself.

The easiest way is to do it through a Kiosk.
View Quote

Okay, but how would I do that? being that I would already have the stamp for the items, how would I just send the picture and fingerprints to the ATF?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You don’t. Not proactively.

You only send photos and prints at the time of submission, for anybody considered a responsible person (at the time you sign it). Any changes before or after that moment don’t matter.

(If you do add somebody after it’s submitted, and they’re not listed as an RP on the form, and you want them to be the one to pick it up, they’ll have to have a NICS check done when the 4473 gets filled out and signed)
View Quote

so if I change her over to a trustee via an amendment after I receive both stamps back on the trust, then I don't have to do anything else?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 2:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 4:49:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I went through the same process changing my father from beneficiary to trustee.

I received an email with a QR code stating that a photo and fingerprints were required for the new trustee.

View Quote

When adding a new member to an existing trust, NOTHING is sent to ATF.
Only when you submit a new Form 1 or Form 4, all members of the trust that meet the description of a Responsible Person must submit fingerprints, photos and an RP questionnaire.

Ex. I apply for an F1/4 as ABC Trust, I am the only member. I'm the only one who sends in prints, RP questionnaire and photo. After the tax stamp comes in I can add as many nonprohibited people to my trust as I desire.....nothing is submitted to ATF to do so. It's an amendment to my trust.

Later, I decide to submit another F1 or 4 as ABC Trust. Everyone listed as a member of my trust that meets the definition of a Responsible Person must submit prints, photo and an RP questionnaire.

For multiple member trusts this may prove cumbersome. The more RP's you have on a F1 or 4 application, the greater the possibility that one of them will have their background check delayed by the FBI.....gumming up the processing time. Nearly every Form 4 I have pending thats over eight months old......has four or more RP's.

This is why the Single Shot Trust is so popular. One RP, prints, photo, questionnaire for ATF and one background check for the FBI for each NFA firearm. Once the stamp comes back, add new members to your trust.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top