Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/11/2018 1:58:31 AM
Posted: 12/4/2018 11:17:11 PM EST
I know the old PVS-4, the TNVC WASP Clip-On , as well as the Armasight CO-X Clip-On use the catadioptic lens system, but how do they compare to the other Clip-On systems from KAC and L3?

Positives/Negatives, and does anyone have direct experience with the Armasight CO-X in with a Gen 3 tube.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:27:55 AM EST
Big, light lens, means longer focal distance while maintaining aperture, however the missing "middle" lowers the T-number of the lens, and the diameter is sometimes a problem. Less glass means less loss of light.
Link Posted: Today 10:27:12 AM EST
I have installed a couple hundred tubes in the CO-X and CO-MR. Moth are a nightmare from a optics mechanical standpoint. There is no clean way to adjust the diopter of the units, meaning adjusting the ocular side of the unit. So you won't ever really get a clean "infinity" setting. Manufacturer instructed to use spacers between tube and unit to adjust the diopter.
Link Posted: Today 12:41:23 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alex_B:
I have installed a couple hundred tubes in the CO-X and CO-MR. Moth are a nightmare from a optics mechanical standpoint. There is no clean way to adjust the diopter of the units, meaning adjusting the ocular side of the unit. So you won't ever really get a clean "infinity" setting. Manufacturer instructed to use spacers between tube and unit to adjust the diopter.
View Quote
So do I interpret this to mean they are garbage and not worth the price of entry and should stick with KAC Clip-Ons.
Top Top