Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 47
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Box got here today and is ready to ship out; IM sent to @rustybob for his address.

Contents as arrived:

What I took- .264 WM brass, 6.8 SPC brass

What I put in- (7mm Mag brass, 7mm/150 gr bullets, 7mm-08 brass, .30-06 brass, .490 round ball, .223 stripper clips and spoon, 7.62x39 stripper clips (great for .50 Beo rounds too!)

EDIT- IM received from @rustybob; tracking info sent. Box leaves in tomorrow's mail.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are the rules (Per mods)

- To be added to the list PM dnmccoy and I will add you to it

- If you cant send the box to the next member in a timely fashion, do not ask for it

- Do not take anything from the box unless you have something to put into it (Must be reloading specific items)

- NO LIVE AMMO, primed cases are ok

- Keep all posts in this thread.

- When you get the box,post what you are taking and what you added.Post that it's ready to go and then check with the next person on the list to see if they are prepared for the box, If they are not skip to the next and let dnmccoy know

- While this is a pay it forward thread, please try to make sure anything donated is in good shape, single or beat up dies arnt that desirable and take up space in an already cramped box

- If you want added back onto the list, PM dnmccoy and I will throw you back in the mix

Next is directly from AeroE

- If you fail to ship the box to the next person, your account is in danger of being locked. Keep your tracking number to show that you actually shipped it in case the box is lost enroute.

Now that thats done, on to the fun stuff

List of interested parties

Box Holder =   FB41

- rustybob
- LeadRX
- Cat-Mechanic
- Kingston_fisher
- dnmccoy 21
- knoxtnshooter
- Jojo4711

PM dnmccoy to be added to the list

Things to remember
- Please,please,please re-inforce the box. Right now its in a Large Flat rate box, as you can see in my last pic, I got a few extra boxes and cut them up, to re-inforce the box
- If you add small items such as shell holders,gas checks or misc pieces of brass, please use a zip loc bag or something to keep them from going everywhere. I had to clean up 1000 gas checks where the box broke open
- If you add a small box such as dies,bullets etc.. PLEASE secure the box with some tape,glue etc
- When you get shipping info, PLEASE SAVE THE TRACKING NUMBER! If the box doesnt make it, its the only proof you have that you ACTUALLY shipped it
- And remember to post pics!

I want to thank everyone involved so far, this has gone better than I could have imagined! Lets hope we can keep it going!
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Got it this morning.  
took 9mm 233 and 30-06 brass
added
22-250 rcbs die set and neck sizer
lube pad
two sizes RCBS decapping pins
I have IMed next person for address and will ship today if they get back to me before 1200 or Monday in if not.

in the mail eta 1-24-18 traking to next in line
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]

- If you cant send the box to the next member in a timely fashion, do not ask for it

- Do not take anything from the box unless you have something to put into it (Must be reloading specific items)

- When you get the box,post what you are taking and what you added.Post that it's ready to go and then check with the next person on the list to see if they are prepared for the box, If they are not skip to the next and let dnmccoy know

- While this is a pay it forward thread, please try to make sure anything donated is in good shape, single or beat up dies arnt that desirable and take up space in an already cramped box

- If you want added back onto the list, PM dnmccoy and I will throw you back in the mix

- If you fail to ship the box to the next person, your account is in danger of being locked. Keep your tracking number to show that you actually shipped it in case the box is lost enroute.

Box Holder = rustybob enroute to LeadRX

- Cat-Mechanic
- Kingston_fisher
- dnmccoy 21
- knoxtnshooter
- Jojo4711

Things to remember
- Please,please,please re-inforce the box. Right now its in a Large Flat rate box, as you can see in my last pic, I got a few extra boxes and cut them up, to re-inforce the box
- If you add small items such as shell holders,gas checks or misc pieces of brass, please use a zip loc bag or something to keep them from going everywhere. I had to clean up 1000 gas checks where the box broke open
- If you add a small box such as dies,bullets etc.. PLEASE secure the box with some tape,glue etc
- When you get shipping info, PLEASE SAVE THE TRACKING NUMBER! If the box doesnt make it, its the only proof you have that you ACTUALLY shipped it

I want to thank everyone involved so far, this has gone better than I could have imagined! Lets hope we can keep it going!
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Package didn’t arrive today, sorry it’s taking so long to get to me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#6]
What arrived

Attachment Attached File

What I tookAttachment Attached File

RCBS lube pad kit, decapping pins, and 5.56 stripper clips.

What I added
Attachment Attached File

About 400 22-250 bullets and as much 257/38 brass as I could fit into the box (there will be more than pictured here.)

Will be shipping it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Box Holder =  LeadRX enroute to Cat-Mechanic

- Kingston_fisher
- dnmccoy 21
- knoxtnshooter
- Jojo4711
- FB41

Things to remember

Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Shipped, tracking number is:

9505 5104 1806 8029 1473 75
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Updates?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#10]
@cat-mechanic

I have IM'd you my shipping address for when you get ready to ship.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@cat-mechanic

I have IM'd you my shipping address for when you get ready to ship.
View Quote
Perfect, just got home. I'll go through it this morning.

I'll have it in the mail soon after.

Side note is the postman crammed it I to our mailbox. He really crammed it in there. So when my wife got the mail, she had to force it out of the box and it landed on her foot as she wasn't ready for the weight. She is ok, just has a bruise on the top of her foot.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok here goes.

Here's what's in the box.

Attachment Attached File

Here's what I took. 38/357 cases, 300WM cases and 10mm cases.

Attachment Attached File

Here's what I added. Bunch more 45 small primer brass, 20ish pieces of 6.8 SPC, bag of hollow points for 44 cal. And not in the picture, a partial box of Hornady 270 130 grain spire point bullets.

Attachment Attached File

Have the next in lines address and will get it all boxed back up and shipped. Will update with tracking number once I get it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Box Holder =  Cat-Mechanic enrouote to Kingston_fisher

- knoxtnshooter
- Jojo4711
- dnmccoy 21
- FB41
- hroller
- pkt1106
- Brotherbadger

Things to remember

Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Box will be dropped off at the post office today.

Tracking Info has been sent to @kingston_fisher
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like the list is dwindling lol
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Aah WTH put me back in, I don’t want this to die.

Though something I noticed is that it costs almost $20 to ship it, and sometimes the value of the items taken are under $20.

Not to sound like a cheap bastard, just saying that for many occasions it’s simply not economical to do this.

Now if we could find a cheaper way to ship it, that would make it a little more worth while.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah it's definitely been an issue, especially since it's a large flat rate box. May be worth trying to get it down to a medium box again
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#18]
That’s not a bad idea, smaller box with items if a relatively higher value. I’m not sure where I saw if but I’m sure there is a more efficient way to ship things.

Are we bound to USPS or can we use alternative shipping carriers?
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm new to the box pass, but I'll have the box after kingston_fisher. I have a postal scale and could check on other options if you guys want. I think prices will only be valid from me to the next on the list.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#20]
There is no better value than the flat rate boxes for the weight.

The first time I got the box, I weighed it. It was 22lbs

UPS would charge $40-50 to ship that box ground.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah flat rate is the way to go for sure. I think maybe we just watch what we throw in and if someones not getting taken we cull it
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I have the box.  I plan on going through it this evening.  I have next in lines address as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Box as opened:
Attachment Attached File

Box emptied out onto bench:
Attachment Attached File

What I took:  tinted safety glasses, 94 180gr .430" bullets, 4 pieces of 7.62x39, SPP 45 acp brass, one Lee lock rings  (I put some of these in a few times back and needed one the other day)
Attachment Attached File

What I put in: LPP 45acp, 357, 38spl, 22-250, 7mm-08, 7mm Rem Mag, 243, 270, 223 cases,  some odd pull down bullets, etc.
Attachment Attached File

And tracking number:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Box Holder =   Kingston_fisher enroute to knoxtnshooter

- Jojo4711
- dnmccoy 21
- FB41
- hroller
- pkt1106
- Brotherbadger

Things to remember

Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got the box in hand and will post my additions and subtractions in a bit.

I've PMed and Emailed JoJo for his address and haven't heard back. Is there a protocol for how long to wait before moving down the list? It's been a couple days since I asked. No big deal, just need to know what the group expects.

Stephen
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#26]
My bad, I was waiting to see it was delivered and box gone through. That’s usually when I check my messages lol. Address sent.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My bad, I was waiting to see it was delivered and box gone through. That's usually when I check my messages lol. Address sent.
View Quote
Gotcha- Box goes out tomorrow to you.

Taking .45 ACP brass and 7.62 stripper clips.

Placing

.50AE brass (~10 pcs)
.45-70 brass (~30 pcs)
3x Lyman seating stems
2x Lyman powder charge dies
Lyman primer arm assembly

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Box Holder =   knoxtnshooter enroute to Jojo4711

- dnmccoy 21
- FB41
- hroller
- pkt1106
- Brotherbadger

Things to remember

Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#30]
What was in the box:

I took one of the Lyman powder drops and the 7MM Rem Mag brass:

I added some 6.5x55 swiss brass, .243 brass and some .223 soft point bullets

Waiting for address from next in line
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Box Holder =    Jojo4711 enroute to dnmccoy 21

- hroller
- pkt1106
- Brotherbadger
- FB41
- ontime1969

Things to remember

Link Posted: 2/23/2018 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Box will go out today
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Box shows delivered but there wasn't a notice in my box?

Hoping to make it to the post office before closing, will advise
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Package has been aquired! Will make a report once I get home in the morning
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#36]
@dnmccoy- See IM
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#37]

- NO LIVE AMMO or PRIMED CASES

Box Holder =  dnmccoy 21

- hroller
- pkt1106
- Brotherbadger
- FB41
- ontime1969

Things to remember

Link Posted: 3/7/2018 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Sorry for the delay, things have been a little busy around the homestead this week.

I got the box in and as usual it was packed to the brim!

I didnt really need anything, so I didnt take anything for myself. I added a nice bag of 115gr 9mm FMJ from RMR

Ive been thinking since the last time I had the case and the large flat rate box shipping is getting a little retarded. I looked throught the box and decided to remove anything that had less than 10 pieces. If the group feels that number needs to be higher or lower, feel free to chime in. If you are desperately seeking the 2 pieces of 300 wthby mag, PM me and well figure something out  I just think paying almost $20 to ship small bit of brass is silly.

I also went through and removed some things that have been in there forever:

-7mm dies
- 9mm lyman seating die
- Primed .219 zipper brass

If you want any of them, let me know and well figure it out

I also decided to not allow any more primed brass. I know USPS allows it, but with random loose stuff floating around the box, I dont want to risk a detonation.

So the happy new, were back into a medium flat rate box! Im just waiting on shipping info for next in line

Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Dnmccoy, I dropped you an IM the other night.  Did you get it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I also decided to not allow any more primed brass. I know USPS allows it, but with random loose stuff floating around the box, I dont want to risk a detonation.

So the happy new, were back into a medium flat rate box! Im just waiting on shipping info for next in line

https://s5.postimg.org/hbvg8lfo7/20180307_145212.jpg
View Quote
Highlighting this so that people jumping to the last page don't miss it. Good call on making the box smaller, btw.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Box Holder =  dnmccoy 21 enroute to hroller

- pkt1106
- Brotherbadger
- FB41
- ontime1969
- Lone_eagle
- jojo4711
- dnmccoy 22

Things to remember

Link Posted: 3/16/2018 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#43]
The box arrived the other day, I've been swamped with work and vet visits for a sick pet, I'll get photos tomorrow and send it back off.

Hroller
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Box Holder =    hroller

- pkt1106
- Brotherbadger
- FB41
- ontime1969
- Lone_eagle
- jojo4711
- dnmccoy 22

Things to remember

Link Posted: 3/19/2018 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#45]
The box was a little busted when it came in but it all seemed to be there.

What was in the box
Attachment Attached File

What I took (lead and 9mm bullets)
Attachment Attached File

What I put in (a box of 68g BTHP bullets, and all the .45 small pistol primer brass I have)
Attachment Attached File

Sorry for the posting delay, I had issues getting the pics off my phone and had to wait until I could get to a computer to transfer them too.

Box is en route to pkt1106
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Box came today. Looks to be in good shape, will put some more tape around the edges and firm it up. IM'd BrotherBadger for address.

What was in the Box:
Attachment Attached File

I took the .224 Bullets, 270 Brass and Bullets, 22-250 Dies and Brass
Attachment Attached File

I put in brass for 38spl, 243WIN, 9mm, and 45ACP (should be large primer)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Box Holder =

pkt1106

- Brotherbadger
- FB41
- ontime1969
- Lone_eagle
- jojo4711
- dnmccoy 22

Things to remember

Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#48]
I have BrotherBadger's address and the package will go out today. 9405803699300610536388
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Apparently the package has been delayed(was supposed to be delivered yesterday), so we're stuck in a holding pattern until at least tomorrow.

Edit: Got the box,  I'll go through it tonight and send it on its way as soon as i get the address.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Box Holder =   Brotherbadger

- FB41
- ontime1969
- Lone_eagle
- jojo4711
- dnmccoy 22

Things to remember

Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top