Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2018 10:28:43 PM EDT
What are you folks all using to store/transport your NVGs?  I'm not liking the standard bag too much and it offers little in the way of protection IMO.  Maybe I'm more paranoid than I need to be.  Anyone know of somewhere to buy NVG focused hard cases?  Seen them for PVS-14s, but I have MOD3-B binos.  Wouldn't mind some space for accessories either (magnifier, illuminator, mono-adapter, mount, etc).  Or is pick n' pluck foam going to be my best bet?
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Small Apache case from harbor fright if you want cheaper or pelican case for more expensive.

I have a sams choice case that is bigger and fits both my goggles and pvs14 with all the fun stuff too. I have a small Apache case that just fits my goggles and a few batteries for when I want to throw them in my ruck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Hard case: small Apache case

Soft molle “case”: her ghost gear pvs-15 pouch. $21 and fits my dual 14’s with ig lightweight dual bridge.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Spend the money on a Pelican case large enough to accommodate the NODS and whatever other support gear you wish to carry inside.

You spent what, $5k on the binos?  Well worth it to spend another $100 on a good case to protect your investment.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#4]
US PALM NVG garage, inserted into helmet. Helmet stored in SKDTac’s Pig BBC 2 bag.

A folded up set of binos should fit easily into the Palm Garage. if you can find one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Where are Apaches made? I don't have any experience with them, but being from Harbor Freight, are they a Chinese knock-off of Pelican?
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#6]
China or simular country like all harbor freight stuff. I have pelican cases and other off brand cases. Never had any problems with my other cases that I didn’t have with my pelican cases.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Agree 100%. The Apache cases are good. My Apache 3500 case fits 2 binos, 2 mounts, lights, filters, and batteries. They’re well protected.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
China or simular country like all harbor freight stuff. I have pelican cases and other off brand cases. Never had any problems with my other cases that I didn’t have with my pelican cases.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:16:37 AM EDT
[#8]
15 minutes ago I just literally bought the Tactical  Tailor hard case with molle clips that's made for the PVS14 but I was told it fits the PVS7 and it has a hidden. Part that holds batteries. Here is a link to another one I seen on ebay for only $14 plus shipping https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263903834120
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought the Apache 2800 from Harbor Freight the other night. I currently have my Sentinel, pvs-14 and batteries for each in there with room for a second 14 later on... or a dedicated dual tube setup more likely. What I don't have are complaints. It may not have the waterproof rating of the Pelican cases but if that's not an issue then it's just as good at protecting your stuff.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This sounds neat, can you post a pic?

US Palm is out of business though aren't they? Used market I guess??
View Quote
US Palm is coming back through Century Arms
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
US PALM NVG garage, inserted into helmet. Helmet stored in SKDTac’s Pig BBC 2 bag.

A folded up set of binos should fit easily into the Palm Garage. if you can find one.

I will when I get home if I remember.
Quoted:
US Palm is coming back through Century Arms
Yes.
Bingo. If you remove your mount, it should easily fit a set of Binos.

I routinely store a MUM14 and a PVS14 in mine with a divider separating the two. If you look closely at the top right pic, you can see a divider in the bottom of the case.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I use a Pelican 1300 from time to time.

I also use a VS Night Vision Pouch, Small that I will fit inside my helmet then into a Helmet Hut. Works well.
The pouch inside of my helmet stuffed into a beaver tail or under the lid of my rucks also works well as protection for long term field carry. Haven't suffered damage from carriage to my NVG's in over 5 years of heavy use doing this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#15]
i use an MTM Ammo Box with some foam hot glued inside it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2018 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It really depends, soft case for hunting trips and local range outings is my usual, but long road trips with overnights in hotels along with trade shows or going to training classes or industry events definitely a hard case. Storm/Pelican/Royal whatever but its gotta have foam.
View Quote
Good point. If I’m traveling very far, they go into a hard sided case.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I use an AVS-6 case for my sentinels. Cost $9 and only had to mod it a little to work well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top