Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2022 8:05:26 PM EDT
I have questions about values on older firearms, and I figure many of you do as well. Instead of starting individual threads I figure we could have one to track the state of the C&R market.

Using Royal Tiger imports as a gauge:
Carcanos are in the $200 to $350 range
Enfields are $400 to $600
K98s are $600 to $1300
M1 Garand  $1200
M1 carbine $1200 to $1400
P17 Enfield $1300 to $1600

I hear royal tiger doesn't have a great reputation. I've never purchased from them but I see they have things actually available for purchase so that is why I used them as a gauge.

Now what prompted this? I was looking at Israeli K98 values and came across this:

Is this really what they go for now?
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The C&R market has exploded across the board recently. Prices used to increase slowly but not anymore. I would call that Israeli Mauser overpriced but I've said that recently about many rifles that ended up selling quickly so what do I know.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy snikies!

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#3]
2 things

#1  the law of supply and demand

#2  there's a sucker born every minute
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks like one of the Guatemalan guns, stay away, they were used up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks like one of the Guatemalan guns, stay away, they were used up.
View Quote

I have one, its been a really decent shooter.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Ya I don’t get the buyers sometimes.

I listed a few Enfields on a board for what I thought was decent prices and solid VG condition with no bites. Ragged out missing parts rust buckets that RTI lists sell for the same or more than what I listed at. SMH

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ya I don’t get the buyers sometimes.

I listed a few Enfields on a board for what I thought was decent prices and solid VG condition with no bites. Ragged out missing parts rust buckets that RTI lists sell for the same or more than what I listed at. SMH

View Quote

That is how it is locally. They few that respond just want to tell you what they think you have or what is not original or correct on it. Last guy responding to one of my ads was trying to get my bottom dollar without even looking or asking questions about it. I have much better luck selling nationally if I am willing to ship.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]
kinda a generic price list,

and prices are regional

the P17 (guessing you mean M1917?) is a bit high unless minty mint

enfields here (central VA) run $600+ in good shape,  for No 4's and No 1's,  No 5's are ~$1K

K98's really depend on who, what, when and where  as in who made it, what parts are matching ,  when it was made and who if anyone, refurbed or owned it,

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
kinda a generic price list,

and prices are regional

the P17 (guessing you mean M1917?) is a bit high unless minty mint

enfields here (central VA) run $600+ in good shape,  for No 4's and No 1's,  No 5's are ~$1K

K98's really depend on who, what, when and where  as in who made it, what parts are matching ,  when it was made and who if anyone, refurbed or owned it,

View Quote

Fair enough.

Anyone seen any FR8s lately?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fair enough.

View Quote

Check Gunboards if you are a member I typically see one on there when I do go browsing.

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 1:34:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fair enough.

View Quote

Pretty sure one is in EE right now rifles section I think
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#12]
C&R prices have skyrocketed in the last 2-3 years.    But I also think actual sales have dropped too.

I see a shitload of guns sitting on tables, shelves, websites.   Some for years, so overpricing has been going on a long time.

There are some guns Ive been seeing at OKC gun shows for literally 10 years.

Here is one of my stories.   There was a G33/40 mauser I first saw in the late 90s/early 2000s at an OKC gun show.   It was $1200.  I saw that gun over and over for over a decade.   I finally bought it for $1175 in June of 2013.

So I suppose they will eventually sell, once inflation catches up.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Remember part of RTI's shady bullshit is the grade everything on the antique scale - zero original finish can still be considered 'good'.

I'd keep an eye on Simpson LTD for comparison points
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
C&R prices have skyrocketed in the last 2-3 years.    But I also think actual sales have dropped too.

I see a shitload of guns sitting on tables, shelves, websites.   Some for years, so overpricing has been going on a long time.

There are some guns Ive been seeing at OKC gun shows for literally 10 years.

Here is one of my stories.   There was a G33/40 mauser I first saw in the late 90s/early 2000s at an OKC gun show.   It was $1200.  I saw that gun over and over for over a decade.   I finally bought it for $1175 in June of 2013.

So I suppose they will eventually sell, once inflation catches up.

View Quote

not so much here in the east coast,
sales are still strong,

re the FR8,, bought one in Hampton, sold it the next weekend at NGS,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top