Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2018 10:13:14 PM EDT
Can y’all share some more info on this subject?

Once I get my C&R lic would I be able to buy a qualified Reising and have it shipped to my door immediately while the F4 is pending?

Or would I make the purchase send them a form 4 and wait for approval then the seller ship directly to me?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The gun would ship to you once the approved Form 4 comes back to the person you buy the gun from.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The gun would ship to you once the approved Form 4 comes back to the person you buy the gun from.
View Quote
Ok so you essentially skip the F3 and no FFL transfer fee.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Still have the $200 stamp.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes. You are the FFL. So it ships directly to you, once the (tax paid) Form 4 is approved.

It's a nice feeling, having the mailman deliver your MG to your door (make sure the seller ships USPS Registered. Don't want it left sitting on the front step).
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes. You are the FFL. So it ships directly to you, once the (tax paid) Form 4 is approved.

It's a nice feeling, having the mailman deliver your MG to your door (make sure the seller ships USPS Registered. Don't want it left sitting on the front step).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even though you tell the Seller to make sure that they ship USPS Registered, there is no guarantee that it won't be left sitting on the front step.  Ask me how I know.

Also, make sure you log the firearm into your C & R Log Book within the required time.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#6]
In addition to skipping the dealer/Form 3, with a C&R gun you can travel to other states without first getting permission from ATF.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In addition to skipping the dealer/Form 3, with a C&R gun you can travel to other states without first getting permission from ATF.
View Quote
So with all of these pros of C&R MGs, what is the con?

More expensive?
Less selection?
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can y’all share some more info on this subject?

Once I get my C&R lic would I be able to buy a qualified Reising and have it shipped to my door immediately while the F4 is pending?

Or would I make the purchase send them a form 4 and wait for approval then the seller ship directly to me?
View Quote
No.

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So with all of these pros of C&R MGs, what is the con?

More expensive?
Less selection?
View Quote
There isn't really a con to getting your license, except it's just one more thing to do.  Minor book keeping at most.  I'm an SOT, and even that isn't that hard to keep up with honestly.  Anyone really in the hobby of MGs should become a C&R or SOT if they can.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Me and a friend initially talked about getting both of our C&R at the same time and while looking at the sheet I noticed how reasonable the other license fees are.

We then discussed going that route but it just comes down to where to locate the business. He owns a BBQ restaurant and it’s not very secure. And the company I work for will eventually be mine but I don’t currently own it. And the owner would be ok with me having it there but it’s not a type business that would have a upstairs FFL shop in it. And once again not as secure as I would want it to be.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Even though you tell the Seller to make sure that they ship USPS Registered, there is no guarantee that it won't be left sitting on the front step.
View Quote
Yep, if it even makes it to the front step.
I had the tracking get weird and then disappear for a SG 551 shipped USPS once. One voicemail to the regional inspector general got that squared away real quick though. It had actually made it into town, but wasn't scanned correctly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top