Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2018 5:10:56 AM EDT
Have a headspaced rifle I broke down. It was a numbers matching STG except the barrel and bolt. I latter found the matching barrel and bolt in a couple boxes of FAL parts I received with the rifle.

I think someone started a build with a bolt and barrel ( They match also but are the only parts I have from that kit) Then finished up with another kit. You could get STG kits for a 100 buck then.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The carrier will not affect the headspacing.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say it would be very rare for the bolt to matter.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Not that I have read or heard about.  I have a fixed lower with carrier I swap in and out with the Para lower.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I would check the headspace. I have two imbel carriers each with matching serial numbered bolts.

One headspaces in my rifle and the other will not close on the “Go” gauge.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would check the headspace. I have two imbel carriers each with matching serial numbered bolts.

One headspaces in my rifle and the other will not close on the “Go” gauge.
View Quote
This is what I have heard. There was a youtube video I saw long ago that showed this. Wasn't sure if the guy was doing it right. Better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Read the post closer. Video was showing a guy using same bolt but two different carriers and one was out the other wasnt. Nont remember if it was the same manufacturer or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top