Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2018 12:18:18 PM EDT
My MIL doesn't have internet but wanted a couple of cameras.  Is that possible with this system?

I see it allows local recording, however, I can't seem to find out if that is in addition to the cloud or if it can replace it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not a tech guy - just saying you get what you pay for and this is free.

The pro base has a usb X2 I believe and I have it set up to save there on a plug in 128GB drive.

The cameras connect via wifi so you would need router.

Now, if you can set it up and run it without an internet connection I do not know.  Think you may have to use a hot spot to set it up, then maybe just run the cameras via wifi.

I'd probably call Arlo.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah the person that I spoke to at Netgear was clueless.

They said that it won't do anything without internet access which is even contradicted in the manual.

You know I like my Netgear RN516 NAS but I really hate Netgear as a company and their support sucks in general
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Per the Arlo website: "Yes. Connect a USB drive to the base station for optional local backup storage".  The original / plain Arlo will not.

The Arlo Q plus will also do local.

I've been researching this stuff, too, for an upcoming 1st house purchase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top