Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2021 7:13:14 PM EDT
Got the HKPDW brace yesterday for my PTR9CT, and the first step in installation is to "remove the brace/rod assembly by pressing the housing lever."

Watched the SB Tactical video and it shows the assembly just gracefully sliding off the housing. Mine locks at full extension, and I can't get the arms to slide out so I can install the housing.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:08:51 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a hole with screw on the bottom of the housing. I believe it uses the larger Allen wrench. Don’t completely remove the screw.  When you put it back on you have to tighten it to a “happy medium” - too loose and it comes off when you extend it. Too tight and the arms won’t move at all.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:17:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a hole with screw on the bottom of the housing. I believe it uses the larger Allen wrench. Don’t completely remove the screw.  When you put it back on you have to tighten it to a “happy medium” - too loose and it comes off when you extend it. Too tight and the arms won’t move at all.
View Quote

Yep, I learned that when I came here to complain it just pulled right out at the worst possible time. Had no idea, sometimes it pays to RTFM.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep, I learned that when I came here to complain it just pulled right out at the worst possible time. Had no idea, sometimes it pays to RTFM.
View Quote
thanks to both for the input. i had read the instructions, but never made it past (3) because the damn thing wouldn't come off! i'll give it a shot tonight.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Good info. I had the opposite problem, I go to extend it and the whole thing comes off. Just found that Allen bolt hidden underneath and tightened it to the sweet spot. Good to go now, I can extend and it locks at full extension. Thanks all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top