Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2021 2:22:43 PM EDT
I recently came upon a Ruger 77 Mark II in stainless steel with the Paddle looking synthetic stock (The front and rear sling loops look like “U” shapes) It is without sites but comes with stainless steel rings. It is in 300 Winchester Magnum. As a used price, what is fair for this rifle? Thank you
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Around here those rifles and specifically that model have been going up in value. A stainless 300 Win Mag in 90% condition would sell for around 1K.

I never fired one of those models because recoil sucks. The last wood stocked M77 I had was in 7mag. and had recoil that made me flinch...bad.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Around here those rifles and specifically that model have been going up in value. A stainless 300 Win Mag in 90% condition would sell for around 1K.

I never fired one of those models because recoil sucks. The last wood stocked M77 I had was in 7mag. and had recoil that made me flinch...bad.  
View Quote

Thanks for that info. He wanted 1400 for it, I offered 1100 (which I thought was generous) and he wouldn’t go under 1275 so I walked.   It felt nice and looked nice, but if recoil is worst on that model, I’m glad I left it
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Boat paddle stock is very desirable in some circles.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
You're shitting me?   I have that same gun that you described. Think I paid $410.00 brand new for it. I had no idea they went up damn near triple
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 2:05:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one in 30-06 about 20 years ago.  I traded it for completely set up Bear bow.  I still bow hunt, but I wish I still had that Ruger with the boat paddle stock.  It was a really nice rifle in an awesome caliber.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're shitting me?   I have that same gun that you described. Think I paid $410.00 brand new for it. I had no idea they went up damn near triple
View Quote

I worked for a dealer in the late 80's to about the mid 90's and we were selling them for $425 to finally about $450-ish.  

I too had no idea their value had skyrocketed.  Wow!
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:18:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I recently came upon a Ruger 77 Mark II in stainless steel with the Paddle looking synthetic stock (The front and rear sling loops look like “U” shapes) It is without sites but comes with stainless steel rings. It is in 300 Winchester Magnum. As a used price, what is fair for this rifle? Thank you
View Quote

I have one in 30-06.

I had no idea that prices for them are so high.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those paddle stocks…  Mocked in the 90s, collector pieces now.

I sold a LNIB SS M77 in 7.62x39.  Didn’t even know they were ever chambered in that until I took that one in on consignment.

I started it at $699 and hoped to get around $900.  $2,800+ later….
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have one in 30-06.

I had no idea that prices for them are so high.
View Quote

I had one in 308. Best natural shooting rifle I ever owned. Sold it as a young man because I needed something else more. I’d love to find another.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I have one in 30-06.

It's my main hunting rifle.

Link Posted: 11/7/2021 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Unless you’re a collector of older Ruger guns why not buy something newer?

Quoted:

I sold a LNIB SS M77 in 7.62x39.  Didn’t even know they were ever chambered in that until I took that one in on consignment.

View Quote

That’s awesome. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I can remember about 15 years ago when Bass pro was selling them on close out at $499.  A young man I know bought one chambered in 22-250 two years ago and paid $600 for it at a pawn shop in Texas.  That same gun to someone who is a collector would of easily paid $800-1000 I would think.  It looked like new and was the boat paddle/plastic stock model.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Years ago while trying to find a replacement 308 paddle there were plenty of 76239’s listed for sale. I seriously considered buying one to rebarrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top