Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2018 2:07:36 AM EDT
I’ve captured images with my Trijicon MKII Hunter thermal scope. Is there anyway I can retrieve them and put them in a laptop?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn’t there a USB port?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy the trijicon cable for about 200, plugs right in your computer
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never looked for an aftermarket video/USB cable for my IRD because the supplied OEM cable is high quality.
The USB is used to transfer pictures out.
People scoff at the price of the OEM cable, and it may be a bit high, but the connectors are excellent and IRD even armors the cable.
Trijicon probably makes it as well as IRD did, but I haven't seen a Trijicon contract cable.
The connector at the scope end of the cable is available commercially. The IRP uses a 9 (tiny) pin, locking Fischer connector, which is similar to a Lemo connector, that will require a very steady hand to solder and assemble.
In fact that connector is used on external battery cables I have seen sold.
But finding the three connectors (USB, video BNC, and the Fischer connector for the scope) plus suitable cable, and, importantly,  making a cable right the on the FIRST TRY might just make the price of a pre-made OEM or after-market cable more reasonable than it seems, considering the consequences.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never looked for an aftermarket video/USB cable for my IRD because the supplied OEM cable is high quality.
The USB is used to transfer pictures out.
People scoff at the price of the OEM cable, and it may be a bit high, but the connectors are excellent and IRD even armors the cable.
Trijicon probably makes it as well as IRD did, but I haven't seen a Trijicon contract cable.
The connector at the scope end of the cable is available commercially. The IRP uses a 9 (tiny) pin, locking Fischer connector, which is similar to a Lemo connector, that will require a very steady hand to solder and assemble.
In fact that connector is used on external battery cables I have seen sold.
But finding the three connectors (USB, video BNC, and the Fischer connector for the scope) plus suitable cable, and, importantly,  making a cable right the on the FIRST TRY might just make the price of a pre-made OEM or after-market cable more reasonable than it seems, considering the consequences.
View Quote
A lot of that went over my head. lol.

Mine didn't come with a supplied cable, was it supposed to?

Also, where can I order a cable? I don't need the fancy IRD one, just whatever is cheapest and will transfer the pics well.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]
ttt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top