Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2020 4:07:01 AM EDT
I bought a G17 off a buddy who had the slide cerakoted with the red/grey/black camo pattern and I just hate it. I’m in bumfuck Alaska and there’s no local cerakote guys.

Is rattlecaning over this even an option and if so what would give my best results. If it comes down to the nutcutting I’ll just ship it off but would prefer not to since it’s my edc.

TIA
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You can, won't hurt anything.

Pics of urban camo g17?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes. If there are feelable parts from stencils then sand those first. If you decide to mail it I will help you with it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I’m really out of practice I guess
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Make sure it is cerakote. Try and see if that will wash off with acetone and a rag. You may get lucky and they used duracoat or paint.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a G17 that was cerakoted green over a tan color frame, I hit the slide with tan paint over 10 years ago and except for the corners it's still fine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 5:11:39 AM EDT
[#8]
There are places in Fairbanks and Anchorage that do cerakote btw. You can paint over the finish but the base coat will eventually chip/wear through. I’m in the same spot with a rail I got a deal on. Slate grey/blue just isn’t my color but it was a good deal.

If it’s real cerakote, odds are it’ll need blasting off and refinishing. Or just krylon as needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top