Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2018 6:53:43 PM EDT
Found a deal on Facebook of all places for what is described as Class IV multi hit ceramic/polythene plates for $99 each.
Link to the site here:
https://rmadefense.com/product/level-iv-hard-armor-plate-model-1155-set/

Never heard of these guys before and haven't seen anything on Arfcom either.  Most of the reviews I find with a google search looks more like promotional ads.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of them. My AR550 Spartan Armor Systems plates are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
you selling that tacticool rifle yet on EE? Love the ceracote job on it!
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
They work. They're the cheapest USA made plates you can get, next to maybe some MidWest specials. Only come in 10x12 shooters cut, single curve. Heavy.

Not much else to say. Plenty has been said here about them, google "site:ar15.com RMA" and you'll see. Tons of YouTube shoot vids too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They work. They're the cheapest USA made plates you can get, next to maybe some MidWest specials. Only come in 10x12 shooters cut, single curve. Heavy.

Not much else to say. Plenty has been said here about them, google "site:ar15.com RMA" and you'll see. Tons of YouTube shoot vids too.
View Quote
Searched it with the site search tool looking for anything RMA and nothing.  I search the way you say, and bang tons of info!  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want them to have them for a what if, and don't plan to train with them, the Heavy and Single curve may not be an issue. They are NIJ 06 certified, which says a lot compared to other plates I see pop up on FB/IG/Ads that are level IV, but only carry an NIJ 04 compliance.  The #1155 plate does not have a giant foam ring like their #1199 and #1189 plates incorporate right now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for your input.  Just watched your video on the plates and I was exactly thinking of getting them for a "what if" situation.  I'm on a waiting list for joining one of my local gun ranges and when I get in I may do some of the competitions that require plates.  I'll start with these and upgrade if I get more involve in the competitions.  For $99 bucks its a real affordable way to get started in gearing up for training and competition.  Can't wait for the look on my wife's face when she gets this delivery!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top