Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2018 5:02:43 PM EDT
I have

Happened a couple weeks ago while I was testing a bunch of different self defense loads through a chrono. I'm just now getting around to seeing what it actually was. After a "malfunction" I attempted to clear it and heard what sounded like a small piece of metal rattling around in the trigger area. Packed that gun up for the day.

The issue happened while shooting 147gr Remington Golden Sabre. I was on my 4th or 5th round and the gun was running like a sewing machine, as it had for the roughly 200 rounds I'd fired previously that range trip. This ammo was all running subsonically around 1050fps but the round immediately preceding the malfunction clocked at 1268fps and had a definite supersonic crack to it.

My conclusion? NEVER shoot Remington ammo again. Their .22 just flat out sucks, I've had issues chambering their factory PSP loads in 7mm Rem Mag (in a known good chamber) and now what I suspect was an overloaded 9mm round broke my Scorpion.

Oh well, off to order a couple new disconnectors...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Theres a few people out of 1000s that have had bad discons. You're not the first I've seen. CZ custom even makes a heavier duty version.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Theres a few people out of 1000s that have had bad discons. You're not the first I've seen. CZ custom even makes a heavier duty version.
View Quote
It could have been a combo of a weak disconnector and an overcharged round that caused it to prematurely break.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Your gun must be a carbine or an SBR with early 922r disconnector. They had improper heat treat, CZ USA will replace it for free.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Your gun must be a carbine or an SBR with early 922r disconnector. They had improper heat treat, CZ USA will replace it for free.
View Quote
^^^this
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Did your Evo have a very hard to cock trigger? It takes about 40 ft/lbs to cock mine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#6]
You can pony up for the cz custom trigger and it solves many of the issues contained in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#7]
My issue is the feed lip on all my mags are either cracked or broken.  They still work surprisingly but I need to buy those metal lipped mags. 2 20 rounders and 3 30 rounders.  I'm gentle with these and hardly shoot them.  I think keeping loaded mags are stressing them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The early factory magazines were known to have cracking feed lips.  The newer magazines have USA on the floor plate and have a slightly different shape on the back of the follower.  Call CZ and they should warrant them for you if you have the early ones.

The newer one is the mag on the right with the curved feed lips (when looking from behind) and the older model on the left has the angled feed lips.   If you have the older model with the angled feed lips, CZ should swap them out for you.

Here is a pic for reference:

Quoted:
My issue is the feed lip on all my mags are either cracked or broken.  They still work surprisingly but I need to buy those metal lipped mags. 2 20 rounders and 3 30 rounders.  I'm gentle with these and hardly shoot them.  I think keeping loaded mags are stressing them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
40lbs to cock (charge) the gun? Damn dunno wtf with that, the main spring is only about 14bs which is about the same as most 9mm handguns.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The early factory magazines were known to have cracking feed lips.  The newer magazines have USA on the floor plate and have a slightly different shape on the back of the follower.  Call CZ and they should warrant them for you if you have the early ones.

The newer one is the mag on the right with the curved feed lips (when looking from behind) and the older model on the left has the angled feed lips.   If you have the older model with the angled feed lips, CZ should swap them out for you.

Here is a pic for reference:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9ag9hNtizWw/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote
Thanks, I just went through my mag stash. (4) 20 rounders and (5) 30 rounders I have are the old ones.

I did contact them about the disconnector and will bring the mags up when they contact me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I just wish that cz custom could lower the price a bit on the disc., seems to be way overpriced.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]
A hot 147, maybe with a double charge, a lot of guns may have kaboomed.  Might be wise to send the whole gun back with  the fired case.  Have them fix the part and maybe look at everything else.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A hot 147, maybe with a double charge, a lot oif guns may have kaboomed.  Might be wise to send the whole gun back with  the fired case.  Have them fix the part and maybe look at everything else.
View Quote
This is not necessary. I had this same exact issue. It was a bad 922r kit part that cz replaced no problem. It is not an ammo issue or anything else. Simply email them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top