Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 247 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:

I'm increasingly mixed about this but I agree.
The problem is PCCs are in a mixed spot. If they're around the 8"-9" mark then it's like well I might as well go to a .223, 300BO, 7.62x39...etc.
But if it's under 5" it's like "well what does it do more than a handgun? It's essentially a handgun firepower in a bigger package so it's easier to shoot....and if that's the case I might as well just train more with my handguns to get better at them"
Then I tell myself to not take it too seriously and that not every gun has to be a "go-to"  with a ultimate utility.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Frens:

I’d stick with the 7” barrel even with a suppressor.

Under 7” an handgun makes more sense to me.

I'm increasingly mixed about this but I agree.
The problem is PCCs are in a mixed spot. If they're around the 8"-9" mark then it's like well I might as well go to a .223, 300BO, 7.62x39...etc.
But if it's under 5" it's like "well what does it do more than a handgun? It's essentially a handgun firepower in a bigger package so it's easier to shoot....and if that's the case I might as well just train more with my handguns to get better at them"
Then I tell myself to not take it too seriously and that not every gun has to be a "go-to"  with a ultimate utility.

PCC are just about the last thing I'm going to grab if I'm worried about terminal ballistics.  

I'm keeping the longer barrel just for the hand space on the factory handguard.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Vegitan:

PCC are just about the last thing I'm going to grab if I'm worried about terminal ballistics.  

View Quote

Yeah and there's something to be said about the HK series too. Like they make(made?) a short 5.56, a super short 7.62...but for decades every military, LE, organizations units wanted 9mm. Making things easier to shoot isn't always a handicap thing like on the range. Making something easier to shoot means more shots on target, faster follow up shots...etc.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:19:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drobs] [#3]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

I swear, the pic from your prior post that I quoted appears to show a 3-lug sleeved/threaded inside the barrel like a SG choke. I keep looking at it & that's how it appears. What am I not seeing or missing?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Originally Posted By drobs:

I don't understand what you are asking. Maybe you are quoting the wrong post?
FYI - The T25 torx wrench is needed to take the hand guard off the pistol.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/CZ_Scorpion2_jpg-2254851.JPG

Gemtech tri-lug mount

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/Gemtech_3_lug_mount_jpg-2254854.JPG

I swear, the pic from your prior post that I quoted appears to show a 3-lug sleeved/threaded inside the barrel like a SG choke. I keep looking at it & that's how it appears. What am I not seeing or missing?

Ah I understand now. There a pretty significant step down from the barrel to the threading on the muzzle.
But no, it's not internally threaded like a shotgun. The Gemtech tri-lug male adapter screws on like a flash hider.

https://www.gemtech.com/male-3-lug-adapter-1-2-28.html

This pic kinda shows what the threading looks like on my CZ barrel (under the flash can).

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-micro-k-barrel/

I read it's best to buy all your accessories for suppressors from the suppressor manufacturer for best fit. So with my Gemtech Lunar 9, I bought the above male tri-lug adapter and female tri-lug "receptacle." The theory is that these will have the tightest fit without loosening up.
https://www.gemtech.com/3-lug-mount.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:10:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Vegitan:

View Quote

To be fair pcc/smg are used regularly over here by Leo with great results even with the crappy fmj issued ball.

Sure They fit a specific role and cant be used as an AR but they work fine on bad guys
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Yeah and there's something to be said about the HK series too. Like they make(made?) a short 5.56, a super short 7.62...but for decades every military, LE, organizations units wanted 9mm. Making things easier to shoot isn't always a handicap thing like on the range. Making something easier to shoot means more shots on target, faster follow up shots...etc.
View Quote

Agree. I think the military folks only switched away from 9mm because the % of bad guys being engaged with body armor/ higher level armor increased. The police units always want what the super cool operators are using so many also switched to 5.56 platforms but didn’t need to. They get sued so much anyway, the frequency of situations where they’d need the longer reach of a 5.56 platform vs 9mm is basically nil because once it’s out at that range, they probably have the SWAT marksman/ sniper on a .308 or larger platform anyway.

For home defense uses, there is basically very little advantage to a short 5.56 platform vs a PCC.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got the Ascalon Arms folding charging handle and it's very nice.  It's not spring loaded, but it's very comfortable and easy to use.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/4/2022 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Any of you guys have an extra Scorpion carbine length hand guard laying around?
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
View Quote

@citizen904

Check your IMs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:47:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By akrox:

@citizen904

Check your IMs.
View Quote

Thx!  I’ll start looking into the Kak extended muzzle device and the HBI barrel nut tool to see how much $ this conversion would run.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool video from YT

https://youtu.be/R_2dqpf3th4
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I may and if I do and if you cover shipping and it's yours.

I was the first to modify mine into a k version according to HBI. I had my stock barrel cut and threaded so I'm never going back to carbine length.

@citizen904
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool video from YT

https://youtu.be/R_2dqpf3th4
View Quote

Neat video
As comments state they need to display it, shadow box or something similar
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:36:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Citizen904] [#13]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

I may and if I do and if you cover shipping and it's yours.

I was the first to modify mine into a k version according to HBI. I had my stock barrel cut and threaded so I'm never going back to carbine length.

@citizen904
View Quote

@thebomber

Man that would be amazing - thank you. If you happen to have the flash can still I’d buy that from you too if you’re interested in parting with it. I sent you an email with my mobile number. 👍🏻
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#14]

@thebomber

Man that would be amazing - thank you. If you happen to have the flash can still I’d buy that from you too if you’re interested in parting with it. I sent you an email with my mobile number. 👍🏻
View Quote

Is this what you're looking for?

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I’m actually on the hunt for the longer version that comes on the carbine. Thanks for being game to help though. 👍🏻
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#16]

I’m actually on the hunt for the longer version that comes on the carbine. Thanks for being game to help though. 👍🏻
View All Quotes

Sorry I wasn't able to help!
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:55:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jm0502] [#17]
Made a trigger for mine, Turned out ok, there are a few changes i'll make on the next.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By pc299:

You need either a fixed barrel spacer or direct thread mount when using a pistol can on anything without a tilting barrel. Yes, you *might* be able to get away with a Nielsen device only but it'll probably hurt your accuracy and could cause other issues.
View Quote

Can some one please explain this. I don’t understand how it works.

I assumed I just need a 3lug adapter or say a YHM QD mine mount and that was it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:03:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6731HBAR] [#19]
Originally Posted By Ebolinux:

Can some one please explain this. I don’t understand how it works.

I assumed I just need a 3lug adapter or say a YHM QD mine mount and that was it?
View Quote

I'll tell you I'm not sure what he is getting at.   Watch this.

3 lug muzzle device

this is basically what I did.  That being said I did not put an adapter/cover on the other threads the flash suppressor came off of.

I think mine has both the  18x1 AND SAE standard 1/2x28 muzzle threads.  If yours is newer I suspect you will want the 1/2 x 28, unless your getting a suppressor with the other threads.  I suppose you can but why you would,. I don't know.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#20]
You were taking my quote out of context without quoting the other two quotes I was replying to:

Originally Posted By Jerryjeff:
Originally Posted By craig24680:

My understanding, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but no nielsen device for a fixed barrel, so you would use a spacer with the scorpion/other PCC
View Quote
I have been told the same but lots of guys in this thread running suppressed Scorpions and I don't see anyone mentioning a spacer.
View Quote

You need either a fixed barrel spacer or direct thread mount when using a pistol can on anything without a tilting barrel. Yes, you *might* be able to get away with a Nielsen device only but it'll probably hurt your accuracy and could cause other issues.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#21]
You were taking my quote out of context without quoting the other two quotes I was replying to:

View All Quotes

My understanding, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but no nielsen device for a fixed barrel, so you would use a spacer with the scorpion/other PCC
I have been told the same but lots of guys in this thread running suppressed Scorpions and I don't see anyone mentioning a spacer.

Quoting it all still don’t not explain what your talking about and what purpose it serves or what it even is…..
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoting it all still don’t not explain what your talking about and what purpose it serves or what it even is…..
View All Quotes

https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/mounting-pistolcaliber-suppressors

When using pistols with fixed barrels, a recoil booster is not required. Because of this, there are two ways that pistol caliber suppressors can be used on fixed barrels:

The first way is by using a fixed barrel spacer, which essentially disables the recoil booster. To install it, simply replace the booster spring with the spacer and then re-insert the piston back into the suppressor. Voila!
   Other pistol caliber suppressors are created specifically for fixed barrels, meaning the suppressor does not contain a recoil booster. Suppressors without recoil boosters will not work on tilt locking barrels.

If you take a suppressor with booster off and use direct mount you might need a spacer to take up the room the booster normally would take.
A 3-lug mount "might" take up all the room and just need to be swapped for your booster though I am far from an expert

Pistol Suppressor Mounting Options
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#23]

If you take a suppressor with booster off and use direct mount you might need a spacer to take up the room the booster normally would take.
A 3-lug mount "might" take up all the room and just need to be swapped for your booster though I am far from an expert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4la6g0cw6A
View All Quotes

When using pistols with fixed barrels, a recoil booster is not required. Because of this, there are two ways that pistol caliber suppressors can be used on fixed barrels:

The first way is by using a fixed barrel spacer, which essentially disables the recoil booster. To install it, simply replace the booster spring with the spacer and then re-insert the piston back into the suppressor. Voila!
   Other pistol caliber suppressors are created specifically for fixed barrels, meaning the suppressor does not contain a recoil booster. Suppressors without recoil boosters will not work on tilt locking barrels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4la6g0cw6A

Thanks that helps a little. Not in a place to watch that video right now. Will try to watch it later. Having never seen one and not having access to one makes it realllly hard to visualize it all…

I’m going to be using a cz scorp + YHM R9.

So tell me if I have the concept down….

A tilting barrel hand gun requires a 9mm suppressor + Nelson spring + Nelson booster.

A fixed barrel gun like the cz scorp has a fixed barrel that does not move so you don’t want to use the spring OR Nelson booster…

So… if your suppressor is designated in one way, you remove the spring and Nelson booster & then Stick a spacer inside there to take up the space….

Other suppressors do not require that spacer and you just use them the way they are…

So with my sc scorp I was just going to use thy following…

R9 + mine QD flash hider (YHM-4315'S) + phantom QD adapter (YHM-3060)

Note: I’m doing those parts off the top of my head. Hopefully I put the right ones down with out being able to look at my comp to check.

Do I still need a spacer with that stuff? Or with the R9?

I know the R9 also has a Nelson booster assembled you can use with it and it also has a 3-lug assembled you could also use.

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Thanks that helps a little. Not in a place to watch that video right now. Will try to watch it later. Having never seen one and not having access to one makes it realllly hard to visualize it all…

A tilting barrel hand gun requires a 9mm suppressor + Nelson spring + Nelson booster.

A fixed barrel gun like the cz scorp has a fixed barrel that does not move so you don’t want to use the spring OR Nelson booster…

So… if your suppressor is designated in one way, you remove the spring and Nelson booster & then Stick a spacer inside there to take up the space….

Other suppressors do not require that spacer and you just use them the way they are…

Note: I’m doing those parts off the top of my head. Hopefully I put the right ones down with out being able to look at my comp to check.

I know the R9 also has a Nelson booster assembled you can use with it and it also has a 3-lug assembled you could also use.

View Quote

Does that YMM flash hider have a 9mm bore? It would thread onto your Scorpion barrel, but it's probably made for .223.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

You won't need a fixed barrel spacer if you're using the QD setup or the direct thread
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:14:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ebolinux] [#26]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

Does that YMM flash hider have a 9mm bore? It would thread onto your Scorpion barrel, but it's probably made for .223.
View Quote

Yes, the YHM flash hider above has a 9mm bore. I physically have it and also checked with YHM directly and they said it would work with 9mm (has 9mm bore)
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Yes, the YHM flash hider above has a 9mm bore. I physically have it and also checked with YHM directly and they said it would work with 9mm (has 9mm bore)
View Quote

I would take a 9mm cartridge and make sure the bullet will clear the opening of that YHM flash hider.

Looking at YHM's website just now, I don't see any mention of what caliber the flash hider is safe with:
https://yhm.net/mini-phantom-q-d-flash-hider.html
It does say the following:

These flash hiders ARE COMPATIBLE with:
Turbo® T2's, Turbo® K's, Resonator®'s, Resonator® R2's, Resonator® K's, Nitro® .30, all Phantom® .30 caliber suppressors, as well as our new R9™ 9mm, NITRO® N2O sound suppressors and Wraith 9 XL.

HOWEVER while your suppressor is capable of handling 9mm through 308 Winchester that flash hider might not be.

Double check to be safe!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#28]

I would take a 9mm cartridge and make sure the bullet will clear the opening of that YHM flash hider.

Looking at YHM's website just now, I don't see any mention of what caliber the flash hider is safe with:

Turbo® T2's, Turbo® K's, Resonator®'s, Resonator® R2's, Resonator® K's, Nitro® .30, all Phantom® .30 caliber suppressors, as well as our new R9™ 9mm, NITRO® N2O sound suppressors and Wraith 9 XL.

HOWEVER while your suppressor is capable of handling 9mm through 308 Winchester that flash hider might not be.

View Quote

I took a 9mm round and it drops right through the YHM flash hider. It fits totally fine!  
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#29]

I took a 9mm round and it drops right through the YHM flash hider. It fits totally fine!  
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#30]
The new style mags, black with windows, don't work so well to see round count when your coated bullets are gray
100% reliable in function, just not visual past 15 or so rounds
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#31]
I’m sure this has been done already but what chest rig are you guys using? Preferably something minimalist. Wish esstac would make a piggy for the Evo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By bkpkr:
I’m sure this has been done already but what chest rig are you guys using? Preferably something minimalist. Wish esstac would make a piggy for the Evo.
View Quote

I bought a cheap chest rig off Amazon and then the Haley Strategic subgun insert.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Excellent serial on your can.

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By kozaki:

Excellent serial on your can.

View Quote

America hahahah!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone with the "new" Scorpion tried to modify the old mags to work? They are the same other than the mag catch, which you might be able to cut into the side of old style mags.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PZero] [#37]
Originally Posted By Hking:
Has anyone with the "new" Scorpion tried to modify the old mags to work? They are the same other than the mag catch, which you might be able to cut into the side of old style mags.
View Quote

Yeti wurks did and sells them

https://www.yetiwurks.com/product/magpul-pmag-ev9-35rd-cz-scorpion-blk/
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:54:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Girthrockwel] [#38]
I haven’t followed this thread in a while. I remember a while back people were having trouble with the magpul scorpion mags. Are they still problematic?  I’ve got a bunch of the old school clear 30 rounders with cracked feed lips. They’ve already been replaced by CZ once and they’re cracked again. CZ wants me to return them again and wait till god knows when they’ll be back in stock to replace them. I’m fine with that but I shoot it quite a bit and I’d rather not be that low on mags. What are the best mags that I can get now days?

Also, I’m sure this subject has been beaten to death but I’m not going through nearly 250 pages. Thanks in advance for the help!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#39]
^^^ Get the latest factory windowed mags. They are gtg.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By patw:
View Quote

Awesome thanks!  BTW, midway has them for 18 bucks a piece right now. Site says it’s half price.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:58:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:

Awesome thanks!  BTW, midway has them for 18 bucks a piece right now. Site says it’s half price.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By patw:

Loading my cart now, appreciate the post.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Latest windowed mags have been super reliable in my limited experience.

Order some while you wait for the replacements.
Hopefully the replacement will be the black windowed as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:20:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Just traded into a Scorpion S1 carbine. Two questions on upgrades:

1. Manticore Arms claims their rail "free-floats" the barrel. Do the other rails, HBI/MI, not? I'm looking for a 11"-12" rail either MA or HBI

2. I'd like to SBR down the road with a replacement barrel? What are my options for the 7"-9" area? Id rather a 2nd barrel and keep my 16" as a spare.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Got an ejector and mag spring coming in on Friday.

Any recommendations where I could find a cheap take off charging handle and safety pieces from someone who upgraded?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Latest windowed mags have been super reliable in my limited experience.

Order some while you wait for the replacements.
Hopefully the replacement will be the black windowed as well.
View Quote

I’m asked them if they’d send me the black windowed replacements. This is the second time I’ve had to send mags back because of the feed lip issue. While CZ has always been easy to work with on this I’m tired of it. I want to be rid of the clear mags for good. We’ll see what they do.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#47]

I’m asked them if they’d send me the black windowed replacements. This is the second time I’ve had to send mags back because of the feed lip issue. While CZ has always been easy to work with on this I’m tired of it. I want to be rid of the clear mags for good. We’ll see what they do.
View Quote

I think the clear ones are out of production.
Haven’t seen them for sale locally in along time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Midway just dropped the price on the black windowed one a couple more bucks.  Now $15.99.  I picked up 4 more a couple weeks ago with free shipping; if these are still around for the next free shipping I may need to grab more.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021435015?pid=803179
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By triode:
Midway just dropped the price on the black windowed one a couple more bucks.  Now $15.99.  I picked up 4 more a couple weeks ago with free shipping; if these are still around for the next free shipping I may need to grab more.
View Quote

Man, hope they have them in a week or so
Under strict orders to not spend till we close on house

/Fingers crossed
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By triode:
View Quote

I was hoping to see free shipping for the holiday weekend but so far nothing unless I have completely missed it.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 247 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top