Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2020 9:47:55 AM EDT
How is the quality?

I want an O/U for all-around shooting, small game, and very, very informal clays.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I know the CZ crew very, very well.  Great bunch of guys in their shotgun division.  I have been a critic of CZ quality in the past, but the recent turns within their shotguns have changed my mind.

CZs are manufactured by Huglu.  I must admit the the quality control of their earlier offerings from years ago could be spotty, but Dave Miller and his staff have done a lot to improve things.  They have top-tier customer service, and will do all everything possible to make things right if you encounter problems.  I know one customer personally who had a problem with the barrels on his CZ O/U, and Dave himself got involved to ensure that the appropriate repairs were made (and at significant expense to CZ).
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
my wife is a small statured shooter and she fell in love with a 20ga Redhead Premier Reduced length.    I did a ton of research  to make sure it was something that would last for the sporting clays we do regularly and I was impressed with what people were saying.
Once we got the gun, we went over it top to bottom and I am really impressed with the build quality.  It does not lock up like a vault door, but it is solid.  Easy to clean.  Fit and finish is fantastic.  No burrs or obvious corners cut.  
I am a B gun fan and CZ has really impressed me.  I would not hesitate to buy another one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Ran a 20 gauge CZ o/u for a number of years.  Canvasback I think was the model.  Ran great, never had any issues whatsoever.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know the CZ crew very, very well.  Great bunch of guys in their shotgun division.  I have been a critic of CZ quality in the past, but the recent turns within their shotguns have changed my mind.

CZs are manufactured by Huglu.  I must admit the the quality control of their earlier offerings from years ago could be spotty, but Dave Miller and his staff have done a lot to improve things.  They have top-tier customer service, and will do all everything possible to make things right if you encounter problems.  I know one customer personally who had a problem with the barrels on his CZ O/U, and Dave himself got involved to ensure that the appropriate repairs were made (and at significant expense to CZ).
View Quote
They still haven't fixed their soft metal problems.

OP will be fine with a CZ given his needs though.  Just don't buy one expecting it to last as long as a SKB, Miroku, Browning, or Beretta in terms of round count.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top