Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2018 6:58:32 PM EDT
Has anyone had issues with their evo accuracy.  Took min out for the first time toady and I couldn't hit the broad side of the barn at 10 yards.  Below are some photos of the groups I was getting.  I was aiming at the  relative center at the center of the targets.  Regardless of the POI the groups are still every where.

Photo Below:  WWB 115 gr, Iron Sights, bench rest

Photo Below:  WWB 115 gr. Vortex Red Dot, bench rest, Shot 7 and 8 where aimed at upper right diamond

Photo Below:  Federal 115gr. Vortex Red Dot, bench rest

Photo Below:  MP5K, Both Fedeal and WWB, used for control as I though ammo was bad, free standing
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
My evo shoots fine, but they do have horrendous triggers in stock form. Have you had anyone else shoot it?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you check the 1/2x28 thread protector under the factory flash suppressor? More often then not it's lose and obstructing the bullets path.
One of the few parts cz didn't lather in loctite.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#4]
It’s also known to prefer the heavier loads like 124 and 147gr so try that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s also known to prefer the heavier loads like 124 and 147gr so try that.
View Quote
This was my experience.

I tried shooting 115gr at 50 yards once and couldn’t tell where I shot.

Switched to 158gr and everything was inside the target.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Same as the others, switch to a heavier grain ammo. I shoot 147 grain HSTs and 147 grain reloads exclusively out of mine, and I get pretty good groups for a PCC with a 3.25 RMR at 25 and 50 yards with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 1:02:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Has anyone had issues with their evo accuracy.  Took min out for the first time toady and I couldn't hit the broad side of the barn at 10 yards.  Below are some photos of the groups I was getting.  I was aiming at the  relative center at the center of the targets. Regardless of the POI the groups are still every where.

Photo Below:  WWB 115 gr, Iron Sights, bench rest
https://i.imgur.com/1rQlGrIl.jpg

Photo Below:  WWB 115 gr. Vortex Red Dot, bench rest, Shot 7 and 8 where aimed at upper right diamond
https://i.imgur.com/WC6r2TAl.jpg

Photo Below:  Federal 115gr. Vortex Red Dot, bench rest
https://i.imgur.com/6cVBvXPl.jpg

Photo Below:  MP5K, Both Fedeal and WWB, used for control as I though ammo was bad, free standing
https://i.imgur.com/h753Oyhl.jpg
View Quote
Those groups don't look too bad for not being sure where exactly you're aiming
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#8]
In for update
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did you check the 1/2x28 thread protector under the factory flash suppressor? More often then not it's lose and obstructing the bullets path.
One of the few parts cz didn't lather in loctite.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In for update
View Quote
Going to be a while until I can make it to the range.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Going to be a while until I can make it to the range.
View Quote
Does that mean you confirmed your thread protector is on and tight?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Second post nailed it, also try heavier ammo.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I have taken my Scorpion to defensive carbine classes and have no issues with accuracy.  I have used 115 gr through 147gr without any issues out of my Manticore K-Barrel. (5.1 inches if memory serves me) The gun is 100 percent suppressed and I have shot 10x10 inch plates from 50 yards repeatedly from an unsupported standing position without missing under pressure of timed shots.  At 10 yards even wolf 115gr bimetal rounds do not give me fits based on your targets.  I even passed the 5 x 7 inch card test (10 yard) at the end of the class under timed shooting with magazine reloading.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Does that mean you confirmed your thread protector is on and tight?
View Quote
The thread protector was loose or at least I thought it was.  Goal is to make it to the range Thursday as I just had a tri lug mount installed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks  like the issue was the thread protector.  Ended up having a tri lug installed yesterday.

Top two upper diamonds are bench rested aiming at top portion of diamond.  Bottom two are rapid fire standing up.  Target at 15 yards.  Probably need some more practice with that trigger.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks better. No visible damage to the thread protector?

The HBI trigger spring kit will help a bit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Get the prementioned HBI spring, along with their replacement flat trigger shoe followed up with some gentle polishing of the trigger pack parts and you will find the trigger to be pretty good. At least that was my experience.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Glad it got sorted out. I guess I’m in the minority here. My early model Evo shoots 115gr great. Like at 10yds offhand even with irons it’s doing about golf ball sized groups. I’m sure mechanically it could do much better rested with an optic. This is the first I’ve heard of light grain ammo shooting poorly in the Evo, maybe I got lucky with mine.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks  like the issue was the thread protector.  Ended up having a tri lug installed yesterday.

Top two upper diamonds are bench rested aiming at top portion of diamond.  Bottom two are rapid fire standing up.  Target at 15 yards.  Probably need some more practice with that trigger.
https://i.imgur.com/0GquGlUl.jpg
View Quote
OP, glad you found the culprit.  However, these Scorpions should do better than that.  Starting out, both guns did ok, equipped with 1x dot, from the bench with sandbags yielded 1-2" 25 yds groups with my hand loads of 124 gr JHP over 4.0 of Tightgroup.   After switching to Sellier & Bellot 115 gr FMJ and Federal 9BPLE +P+ JHPat,  they shot clover leafed groups.  The Sellier & Bellot published data is 1230 fps for 115 gr.   It might be worth it to try some S&B ammo.

16" Evo carbine- S & Bellot 115 gr:

5.3" Evo pistol - Federal 9BPLE+P+:
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Get the prementioned HBI spring, along with their replacement flat trigger shoe followed up with some gentle polishing of the trigger pack parts and you will find the trigger to be pretty good. At least that was my experience.
View Quote
A trigger polish is mandatory I think, but I am spoiled by ALG and Geissele triggers. Shooters Element does a pretty good polish job
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top