Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2020 11:42:26 PM EDT
I'm in the process of changing barrels on my Scorpion and I'm down to the receiver bolts. For those that have done it, did they come out smoothly without heat or penetrating oil  ? I assume there is a steel threaded insert in the rec, half ? Loctite ? The last thing I want to do is strip out the threads or insert on the serial number side. Any tips ? -Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Use a quality 3mm Allen key and you won't have any issues.

Reassemble with blue loctite and torque to 1.7n-m/15 in-lbs. Not over torquing is the most important step otherwise you can crack the receiver at the bottom trunnion bolt.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Use a quality 3mm Allen key and you won't have any issues.

Reassemble with blue loctite and torque to 1.7n-m/15 in-lbs. Not over torquing is the most important step otherwise you can crack the receiver at the bottom trunnion bolt.
View Quote
Can’t stress the “Inch/lb of torque” enough. Get a decent torque screwdriver and you’ll be fine. Screws came out without heat. I did use a tiny dab of blue loctite in the screws for reassembly after properly degreasing the threads on the screws and the screw holes. I put witness marks on all the screws after reassembling mine and they haven’t come loose.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can’t stress the “Inch/lb of torque” enough. Get a decent torque screwdriver and you’ll be fine. Screws came out without heat. I did use a tiny dab of blue loctite in the screws for reassembly after properly degreasing the threads on the screws and the screw holes. I put witness marks on all the screws after reassembling mine and they haven’t come loose.
View Quote
Yep, the torque screwdriver makes it easy. I use a Wera brand one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I can borrow a torque driver from work. Good to know they won't be like getting that barrel nut off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top