[#1]
7.62 guns still fucked up?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JK-919:
7.62 guns still fucked up?
View Quote

Mine runs good. I haven’t had a single FTE.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Cz still doesnt have a fix, Hbi spring and cleaning the ejector channel have done wonders in getting mine to run reliably. (My ejector channel had lots of metal shavings that prevented the plunger from compressing correctly and thus would bind). Only 200 rounds in after cleaning the ejector channel but all have been trouble free both suppressed and unsuppressed.

The difference in ejection was night and day after cleaning the channel as well. I know sweet5ltr has had really good success with his gun and these same changes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:03:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#4]
Originally Posted By Tfdarchos:
Cz still doesnt have a fix, Hbi spring and cleaning the ejector channel have done wonders in getting mine to run reliably. (My ejector channel had lots of metal shavings that prevented the plunger from compressing correctly and thus would bind). Only 200 rounds in after cleaning the ejector channel but all have been trouble free both suppressed and unsuppressed.

The difference in ejection was night and day after cleaning the channel as well. I know sweet5ltr has had really good success with his gun and these same changes.
View Quote

You're absolutely correct.  I've ran over 1,200 rounds after this with (0) FTE's in my 11" Bren 2S.  

If the ejector is binding due to debris in the channel, it will FTE - regardless if the (must have IMHO) HBI recoil spring & gas port service is done.  This is a QC issue that likely involves hundreds of Bren 2 bolts in 7.62x39, but of course, no one at CZ-USA cares to mention it or has spare bolts to do anything about it for owners.  CZ-USA has yet to send back one functional Bren 2, they aren't even trying, its beyond insulting at this point for customers who requested warranty repairs in this volatile environment.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:28:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apocalypserisin] [#5]
Finally got an answer back from CZ the other day, pretty much told me they are just sitting with thumbs in asses waiting for CZ-UB to come up with an answer.  Not sure how what HBI and others have found/come up with factor into this.  Wouldn't be surprised if my gun ends up with CZ for a year or over at this rate.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
Finally got an answer back from CZ the other day, pretty much told me they are just sitting with thumbs in asses waiting for CZ-UB to come up with an answer.  Not sure how what HBI and others have found/come up with factor into this.  Wouldn't be surprised if my gun ends up with CZ for a year or over at this rate.
View Quote

Probably time to request it returned, do what we mentioned above, and send it back to CZ-USA once a 'fix' is actually in the country.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Sweet5ltr:

Probably time to request it returned, do what we mentioned above, and send it back to CZ-USA once a 'fix' is actually in the country.
View Quote

I don't necessarily disagree.  Just be careful not to make any mods that cannot be fully undone.  The last thing you want is CZ to decline a warranty fix based on after market mods.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:20:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kian503] [#8]
Most recent communication from CZ:

Hello sir

Regarding your Bren 2 in 7.62x39, we apologize for any issues you may be experiencing. A small number of pistols have been exhibiting ejection issues, and we’ve been working hand-in-hand with our factory’s design team to make them better digest the wide range of ammo available in the US.

In the meantime, we are happy to bring in your pistol. If waiting for the factory’s resolution isn’t your preference, we can issue a refund for your full purchase price or swap you to a Bren 2 Ms in 5.56x45. In either instance, we’d need copies of your original sales receipt. If you choose to do the swap to 5.56, we’d need a copy of the FFL you’d use to do the transfer of the new rifle.

Again, apologies for any issues you’re experiencing. Thank you!

Blaming the ammo and you already have my pistol.  Also if its an ammo issue why is it only affecting a "small number of pistols" that does not make sense. This incompetence is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#9]
If they are offering full refunds I would jump at that if I bought one.  Better than dealing with customer service or a dust collector vapor ware in the safe
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kian503] [#10]
Originally Posted By JKF204:
If they are offering full refunds I would jump at that if I bought one.  Better than dealing with customer service or a dust collector vapor ware in the safe
View Quote

I feel you friend but due to grandpa Biden taking the Oval office and threatening future imports I do not think its going to become "Vapor ware".
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Only reason I haven't refunded it is because I got the 2S.  If I had the 2MS I woulda  gotten a refund months ago.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
Only reason I haven't refunded it is because I got the 2S.  If I had the 2MS I woulda  gotten a refund months ago.
View Quote

What length x39 barrel do you have?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone else producing Mil style pic rails for the MS? I've seen the Preston ones, and they leave a lot to be desired.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:27:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#14]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:
Anyone else producing Mil style pic rails for the MS? I've seen the Preston ones, and they leave a lot to be desired.
View Quote

Not that I'm aware.

The Preston Precision rails are actually nicely machined and fit snug. It's the hardware they use that's less than desired.

I installed them with Torx button head screws, after getting the measurements and Nord-Lock washers that I ordered online.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:14:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#15]
Installed my rails I got from the Czech Republic today. Still running like a sewing machine after another 500 rounds of Golden Tiger.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#16]
As of this moment, Greg Cote has the black x39 mags in stock
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

Not that I'm aware.

The Preston Precision rails are actually nicely machined and fit snug. It's the hardware they use that's less than desired.

I installed them with Torx button head screws, after getting the measurements and Nord-Lock washers that I ordered online.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PPrails_jpg-1805978.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not that I'm aware.

Could you tell me what bolts you purchased, because I've already stripped one of the bolts that comes with those rails and would like to have backups. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#18]
Originally Posted By iLovetheAK47:

Could you tell me what bolts you purchased, because I've already stripped one of the bolts that comes with those rails and would like to have backups. Thanks
View All Quotes

Not that I'm aware.

So here's the deal on my setup

I am using longer Torx screws for the 4 that go into the barrel because I added Nord-Lock washers, just like OEM.

This size screw is only for the 4 that go into the barrel. I got them from McMaster-Carr.

Black-Oxide Alloy Steel Button Head (T25) Torx PLUS Screws M5 x 0.80 mm Thread, 12mm Long

These are the Nord-Lock washers - NLG

The 2 screws on the end and the screws for the lower rail are: (No Nord-Lock washers are used)

Black-Oxide Alloy Steel Button Head (T25) Torx PLUS Screws M5 x 0.80 mm Thread, 8mm Long

Everything is torqued to CZ spec - 70 in/lb
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Not that I'm aware.

View All Quotes

Not that I'm aware.

I was referring to the mounting hardware, the hex screws, and the lack of washers. I also see that you posted where you bought
your hardware set, and the sizes you purchased. Thanks. Preston should revise their mounting hardware kit with exactly your
setup!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#20]

I was referring to the mounting hardware, the hex screws, and the lack of washers. I also see that you posted where you bought
your hardware set, and the sizes you purchased. Thanks. Preston should revise their mounting hardware kit with exactly your
setup!
View All Quotes

Not that I'm aware.

setup!

Exactly. The 4 screws for the barrel were my main concern.

Their tiny hex at 40 in/lb and no Nord-Lock washers just seemed wholly inadequate...

ETA, I see they upped the torque to 60 in/lb...  

All the rest, I could've just kept using what they sent but I'm ocd.

T25 torx works!

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
View Quote

OOS
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Local place has the 11" 5.56 version for $1699 plus tax.... tempting, but I really don't need another 556 pistol... or even a 556 gun for that matter... Does the 556 version have any of the issues that we've seen with the 7.62 version?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By loveski5:
Local place has the 11" 5.56 version for $1699 plus tax.... tempting, but I really don't need another 556 pistol... or even a 556 gun for that matter... Does the 556 version have any of the issues that we've seen with the 7.62 version?
View Quote
So uh, where's this local place

I need to get a red dot mounted on my shorty.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By loveski5:
View Quote

The 5.56 guns have been flawless.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:27:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iLovetheAK47] [#25]

I am using longer Torx screws for the 4 that go into the barrel because I added Nord-Lock washers, just like OEM.

This size screw is only for the 4 that go into the barrel. I got them from McMaster-Carr.

Black-Oxide Alloy Steel Button Head (T25) Torx PLUS Screws M5 x 0.80 mm Thread, 12mm Long

The 2 screws on the end and the screws for the lower rail are: (No Nord-Lock washers are used)

Black-Oxide Alloy Steel Button Head (T25) Torx PLUS Screws M5 x 0.80 mm Thread, 8mm Long

View All Quotes

Not that I'm aware.

Thanks broham.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:26:18 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

FYI, the Nord Lock washers and most of the screws are available over the counter at your local Fastenal store.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 4:43:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Also FYI, over on the Original CZ Forum, Gman86 drilled a series of ever enlarging holes at the 0 position of his gas tube, starting with 0.8mm before he reached the sweet spot of 1.2 - 1.23mm on his 14” x39 Bren - useful information there!
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AKSU:

OOS
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKSU:
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

OOS

I never got my email notification either...
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#29]
No new updates from CZ?  Where's Zack 😂?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't know - he might be out sick.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, so much for cleaning out the ejector channel. Took my gun out and had multiple FTE/stovepipes again. I'm honestly done messing with it. I've been having problems since last May, we'll see if CZ can get a fix out before the 1 year mark.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:44:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 04Vermont21] [#32]
Fuck 7.62 and all its drama . 556 is the way you want to go.. Here is mine.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Nice sbr
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 04Vermont21:

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/erf6oo.jpg
View Quote

While we're on the subject, I need to get mine engraved yet while waiting on my papers. Should I engrave the aluminum upper or the polymer lower? I've done ARs on the lowers before for upper swapability but I don't think this will be a concern for the bren.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:57:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#35]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
Sexy! Where did you get the stock?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I got mine from czparts.com

Took about 2 1/2 months but waiting and paying $180 ish for one is better than getting one off GB for $400+ imho.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By richiemfmead:
I got mine from czparts.com Took about 2 1/2 months but waiting and paying $180 ish for one is better than getting one off GB for $400+ imho.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

What a beautiful pdw.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#40]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#41]
If I had the money...
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 6:15:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#42]

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
....and now I want need another gun

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:17:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#44]
Falling in love with my scar 17 I recently purchased. I love my ARs but it's just fun shooting the different piston platform. I am really debating grabbing a 16 but if these things run well (in 556) I think I'd get more bang for my buck grabbing a bren instead.

I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for one rather than a MPX or scar in 556. These things seem like a blast and I need something different. Getting back into the AK platform just seems like it's too much to figure out and I'd love to stay with what I have as far as mags and ammo.

If these are well under 2k and work I'm thinking I should be on the lookout.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#45]

While we're on the subject, I need to get mine engraved yet while waiting on my papers. Should I engrave the aluminum upper or the polymer lower? I've done ARs on the lowers before for upper swapability but I don't think this will be a concern for the bren.
View Quote

Unlike the AR, the Upper on the Bren is the receiver, so you would need to place your engraving on the Upper Receiver.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Took about 2 1/2 months but waiting and paying $180 ish for one is better than getting one off GB for $400+ imho.
View Quote

It appears you can order regardless if they are in-stock or not.  
Did you order it while it was in-stock, or did you just place your order and wait until they came it?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
Czparts.com doesn't sell CZ parts. I need to find the correct website.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Czparts.com doesn't sell CZ parts. I need to find the correct website.
View Quote

Its www.cz-parts.com
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Flthy_McNsty:

Unlike the AR, the Upper on the Bren is the receiver, so you would need to place your engraving on the Upper Receiver.  
View Quote

or engrave the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Sexy! Where did you get the stock?
View Quote

Like others have said https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-bren-2-stock-complete-37s-a

I ordered one about three weeks ago and it arrived in just over one week. When I ordered mine it was $155 plus $25 shipping. Very reasonable.

I see now that the stock is currently out of stock as of 2/10 but the price has jumped to $195 plus shipping, which is the same price as the carbine stock. Not happy with the price increase but it's still reasonable considering the possibility that if biden cuts off foreign imports of gun parts as he is threatening, it might not be available at all in the future. Whether the stock is in stock or not, you can still order it and it will be shipped when it is available, which seems to be pretty regularly.
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 76 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top