BCM
User Panel

CZ Bren 2 (Page 75 of 101)
Page / 101
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Findsman:

At one point, you could almost order every bit of the 805 except the receiver from their web store.  The 805 was done right and I still feel like it's one of the most complete and nicest out-of-the-box firearms I've ever purchased.

They're beyond dropping the ball on the Bren 2 at this point.  I love CZ but the Bren 2 is a dog; it's US release was totally botched and they need to go back to the drawing board.  Bring back the 805 or work on a Bren 3.

I have a hard time believing they didn't think to test it with ammo from Tula or Barnaul given their ubiquity on the world market.  I would understand excluding Tula, but Barnaul lacquered 7.62x39 is like the bread and butter of the AK world.  (Well, maybe cheap Chinese shit that isn't available in the US anymore edges it out, but whatever.)  I guess Ruger says you should only use expensive American brass 7.62x39 in the Mini-30, so anything is possible.

I'd say the Bushmaster ACR had a smoother launch back in 2008 than the Bren 2 has. Probably easier to get parts for an ACR too, and Bushmaster/Remington are gone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ShadowAngel:
It's shameful we can't get spare parts.

At one point, you could almost order every bit of the 805 except the receiver from their web store.  The 805 was done right and I still feel like it's one of the most complete and nicest out-of-the-box firearms I've ever purchased.

They're beyond dropping the ball on the Bren 2 at this point.  I love CZ but the Bren 2 is a dog; it's US release was totally botched and they need to go back to the drawing board.  Bring back the 805 or work on a Bren 3.

I have a hard time believing they didn't think to test it with ammo from Tula or Barnaul given their ubiquity on the world market.  I would understand excluding Tula, but Barnaul lacquered 7.62x39 is like the bread and butter of the AK world.  (Well, maybe cheap Chinese shit that isn't available in the US anymore edges it out, but whatever.)  I guess Ruger says you should only use expensive American brass 7.62x39 in the Mini-30, so anything is possible.

I'd say the Bushmaster ACR had a smoother launch back in 2008 than the Bren 2 has. Probably easier to get parts for an ACR too, and Bushmaster/Remington are gone.

This, support for the Bren 2 has been abysmal. I own a 7.62x39 2S and just sold a 5.56 2Ms.

I am almost ready to call it one of the most overrated guns of 2019/2020.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Apec:

This, support for the Bren 2 has been abysmal. I own a 7.62x39 2S and just sold a 5.56 2Ms.

View All Quotes
It's shameful we can't get spare parts.

While I think the Bren 2 was over praised as superior to the scar by way too many people (just,FN may be pain in the butt Belgians but their metallurgy and manufacturing are tied or perhaps barely bested by only HK Or SAN) I also think that the Bren 2 was a victim of its own success and all the rona madness supply issues and crazy 2020 panics 1 2 and what are we on now, panic 6? In 12-13 months?
They are going to concentrate on guns before parts and while I’m not the biggest CZ cheerleader, I am not interested in any of their products besides the Bren 2 series, but I would still cut them A LITTLE slack.

And if not and anyone is dying to get out of an 11 inch 223 model for a crazy good deal let me know
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By richiemfmead:

Not terribly long, mine runs subs with can on and supers without just fine. It's only overgased supers w/can. Also does the HBI recoil spring replace that little rubber buffer at the back? Mine has become swollen and is terribly difficult to get out of the rear of the reciever to the point I have to pry it out with a flathead or knife. There is no "proper" gas port sizing unless tested with YOUR specific can. I did learn today that the 9in needs more hand guard because gas blocks get hot lol (stupid mistake).
View Quote

Richie, my personal 11" Bren 2S was used as one of the Bren 2's for suppressor port testing, also tested out the 'improved' recoil spring for 1,200 rounds myself before it was offered.  HBI tested MANY different cans, with various Bren 2's barrel lengths before offering the port-drilling service.  Those guys are first-class, they'll let you know if they tested your can if you call.  

With the HBI recoil spring, it's position (1) supersonics, unsuppressed  -  (2) subs, suppressed  -  (3) supersonics, suppressed.  

Yes, they get incredibly hot lol, no way around it!  Wearing gloves and using a polymer hand stop really is the only way to go.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

The 5.56 Bren 2's have been fantastic. No issues at all with mine, and like it WAY better than my SCAR 16. One of my favorite guns.

The x39 ones? Have definitely been problematic to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sweet5ltr:

It's never been just a gassing issue Kian, I thought you knew this?  🙂

Everyone needs to inspect their bolt, including the ejector spring to verify its not binding and no metal shavings or debris are in the channel.  Don't disassemble the bolt unless you're comfortable putting it back together of course.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sweet5ltr:
Originally Posted By Kian503:

Mine has been there since 11-17-20.  From what I am seeing on Bren2 reddit there are a couple people who have had their guns there for some time with no communication from CZ.

I have also now read two people report they are still getting FTE's even with the HBI beefy spring.

I still agree with Tim of M.A.C. that this is not just a gassing issue.

It's never been just a gassing issue Kian, I thought you knew this?  🙂

Everyone needs to inspect their bolt, including the ejector spring to verify its not binding and no metal shavings or debris are in the channel.  Don't disassemble the bolt unless you're comfortable putting it back together of course.

I do.  I am just highlighting that even with HBI's spring guns with FTE issues continue to experience failures so people should just be aware that the problem is more complex then just a gassing issue.  

More than likely its a extractor spring and gassing issue. Just my opinion.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:24:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#6]

The 5.56 Bren 2's have been fantastic. No issues at all with mine, and like it WAY better than my SCAR 16. One of my favorite guns.

The x39 ones? Have definitely been problematic to say the least.
View Quote

I have had no issues with my x39 2S yet.

The only things my 2S has over my SCAR are the slimmer handguard and non-reciprocating charging handle.

Otherwise the handguard is shorter and leaves me less room to accessorize, and finding factory CZ stocks for a SBR is a maddening search, and mag availability for the x39 is also annoying.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#7]

I do.  I am just highlighting that even with HBI's spring guns with FTE issues continue to experience failures so people should just be aware that the problem is more complex then just a gassing issue.  

More than likely its a extractor spring and gassing issue. Just my opinion.  

View Quote

That's really because the HBI spring wasn't designed to solve the FTE issues, but primarily to reduce bolt carrier velocity - I'm sure you know I tested the spring for 1,200 rounds.

As I have mentioned a few times, I would advise anyone who owns a x39 model, to not only purchase the HBI regulator port drilling service if running a suppressor (which an improved recoil spring is included) to drastically improve parts longevity, but to also verify that the ejector spring is not binding.  This is going to require disassembly of the bolt if you feel the ejector is not moving freely or fully extending.  If this spring binds at all, you will experience FTE's not matter how well gassed it is.  I'm not sure what the final solution will be, or why the total silence from CZ-USA for those who sent their pistols in for warranty repair.  It's pretty disgraceful at this point, I'll never be buying another CZ product again.  Was really looking forward to a Scorpion Micro' but not a chance in hell after this.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]

I have had no issues with my x39 2S yet.

The only things my 2S has over my SCAR are the slimmer handguard and non-reciprocating charging handle.

Otherwise the handguard is shorter and leaves me less room to accessorize, and finding factory CZ stocks for a SBR is a maddening search, and mag availability for the x39 is also annoying.
View Quote

Partially agree with you, however the Bren 2 also has a lighter bolt and larger trigger guard and controls that I really appreciate. The big thing is you can chamber 7.62x39 in it which is its best feature, and price much less than a SCAR.

The down side is zero support from CZ right now and 2S' are very limited
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:39:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#9]
Im hearing Cz is buying Colt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes they are, confirmed. BTW, I am now told my new BREN is on the way. I hope it gets here before the mob does.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
Yes they are, confirmed. BTW, I am now told my new BREN is on the way. I hope it gets here before the mob does.
View Quote

Did you end up taking the exchange for a 5.56 model?

I think you will be happy with that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Did you end up taking the exchange for a 5.56 model?

I think you will be happy with that.
View Quote

Yes and I hope so - I really liked the 7.62x39mm version I had, so I hope this is at least as much fun.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:33:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Yes and I hope so - I really liked the 7.62x39mm version I had, so I hope this is at least as much fun.
View Quote

You will enjoy it.

My 5.56 Bren is one of my softest shooting 5.56 guns.  Its a real hoot.  Not as accurate as my AR15's but its good enough.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

You will enjoy it.

My 5.56 Bren is one of my softest shooting 5.56 guns.  Its a real hoot.  Not as accurate as my AR15's but its good enough.
View Quote

What barrel length do you have? I am getting an 11 incher.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:03:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#15]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:
I might put on an ACOG ... Not sure yet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/Bren11_jpg-1778914.JPG
View Quote

That’s near perfection.  I wouldn’t change a thing except adding a Dbal or MAWL
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#17]
T'is sweet. What's the total weight?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:51:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#18]
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:

That's near perfection.  I wouldn't change a thing except adding a Dbal or MAWL
View Quote

Thanks

T'is sweet. What's the total weight?
View Quote

If I had to guess, probably 7 or 8 lbs. But it's balanced nicely so it doesn't "feel" like heavy or anything

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-bren-2-stock-complete-37s-a

bren 2 factory folding stock...now in stock (at this current time)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I’m looking to get a Bren 2 ms 7.62. 11” is preferred, but I am really only finding 14” versions for reasonable prices. If I were to get one and chop it to 11” am I going to have gas issues? The barrel profile also looks thin and I can see it flares at the muzzle end. Looks like the barrel profile would maybe be a concern when threading?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By local501:

View Quote

They sure didn't last long. LOL.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#22]
actually they were in stock for a solid 8+ hours.  usually they go in and out of stock in a hour or so.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#23]
actually they were in stock for a solid 8+ hours.  usually they go in and out of stock in a hour or so.
View Quote

Fair enough.

I have a BR stock on order from them.  I hope those came in as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

They sure didn't last long. LOL.
View Quote

Showed in stock at 1:30 CST when I snagged one this afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ricard13:
I’m looking to get a Bren 2 ms 7.62. 11” is preferred, but I am really only finding 14” versions for reasonable prices. If I were to get one and chop it to 11” am I going to have gas issues? The barrel profile also looks thin and I can see it flares at the muzzle end. Looks like the barrel profile would maybe be a concern when threading?
View Quote

I would avoid cutting barrels on these things for now.

There are no spare parts.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Hopefully this means the one I back ordered mid November will be here soon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Picked up a like-new 7.62x39 11" barrel with a brace today for $1900. Not an awesome price but below average for today's concerns. The owner of the store through in 2 boxes of Brown Bear Subsonic ammo. I really like how it handles. I already installed by Rugged Suppressor mount, put myself on several notifications for magazine, and installed a handstop I had laying around. Seriously looking at various HBI upgrades, especially the port drilling service. Any suggestions for an optic?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#29]
The new multitool with the BREN 2 MS is quite cool.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:29:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#30]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/360589/New_tool_jpg-1784380.JPG
View Quote

Same tool that arrived with my Bren 2S in July, it's nice for sure.  

Any updates for anyone from CZ-USA / CZUB?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#31]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/360589/New_tool_jpg-1784380.JPG
View Quote

My Bren 2 didn't even come with a front sight tool.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By iLovetheAK47:

My Bren 2 didn't even come with a front sight tool.
View Quote

Ask for one - the whole cleaning kit is incredibly tiny and MOLLE.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got back from the range after having HB Industries drill out a suppressor port and installing their high load piston spring in my 9" 7.62 2S. Man, what a difference. Only ran 2 mags but the gun was 100% reliable, ejected in a consistent direction (~2 o'clock), and the recoil impulse went from violent to stout. Highly recommend their service.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GreenSWOave:
Just got back from the range after having HB Industries drill out a suppressor port and installing their high load piston spring in my 9" 7.62 2S. Man, what a difference. Only ran 2 mags but the gun was 100% reliable, ejected in a consistent direction (~2 o'clock), and the recoil impulse went from violent to stout. Highly recommend their service.
View Quote

What size port did they go with?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone suppressed the 556 pistols?   Did you go with the HBI gas plug option?  Or something else?

I could only find the 8 inch gun.  Not my preferred option.  But with a Sandman K on it, it might end up being a fun little gun until I can source an 11 inch barrel down the road.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
Anyone suppressed the 556 pistols?   Did you go with the HBI gas plug option?  Or something else?

I could only find the 8 inch gun.  Not my preferred option.  But with a Sandman K on it, it might end up being a fun little gun until I can source an 11 inch barrel down the road.
View Quote

I run an 8” 556 with a Chimera 300 and the HBI port service + spring. I absolutely love it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By FDEinAZ:

I run an 8” 556 with a Chimera 300 and the HBI port service + spring. I absolutely love it.
View Quote

Does it run well?  How's the blowback?  Turn around time?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreenSWOave:

Yes, that is the question, since over gassing seems to be the primary culprit of all these fte issues.

You can try to measure it with a good quality caliper, but the right sized pin/plug gauge might be more accurate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Would like to post a friendly reminder to say FUCK CZ.  They have had my gun for approaching 4 months, and have ignored almost every email to follow up its status.  Their weekly emails lasted 2 weeks.  Was on hold for 4.5 hours today to reach their CS department, only to be met with a 'This mailbox cannot take messages, thank you' and a hang-up.  Literally been the worst company I have had to deal with, firearms related or not.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
Would like to post a friendly reminder to say FUCK CZ.  They have had my gun for approaching 4 months, and have ignored almost every email to follow up its status.  Their weekly emails lasted 2 weeks.  Was on hold for 4.5 hours today to reach their CS department, only to be met with a 'This mailbox cannot take messages, thank you' and a hang-up.  Literally been the worst company I have had to deal with, firearms related or not.
View Quote

Well that is unforgivable. At one point, I believe they were offering refunds or replacements for malfunctioning Brens. Hopefully you can get your money back or some satisfaction, that sort of behavior is really giving a black eye to what used to be pretty good CZ parts and service.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: local501] [#41]

stock back in stock

bought mine last friday...shipped out today
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#42]

stock back in stock

bought mine last friday...shipped out today
View Quote

Mine also shipped today.
Snagged one on Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
Would like to post a friendly reminder to say FUCK CZ.  
View Quote

I would like to second this motion to FUCK CZ.

They are also treating me the same way.  My pistol has been there for about 3 months.  They will not respond to my emails and I can not get a hold of anyone over the phone.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#44]

I would like to second this motion to FUCK CZ.

They are also treating me the same way.  My pistol has been there for about 3 months.  They will not respond to my emails and I can not get a hold of anyone over the phone.

View Quote

Dang.  That's really disappointing to hear...for both you guys.  I know COVID is likely having an effect but they can answer voice messages and/or emails with something more than silence.   I honestly believe they'll make it right eventually.  But I can completely understand how frustrating the silence would be.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Orygunxj] [#45]
Keeping my 805, and weird double.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn!  This thread makes me glad I passed on one last week.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Orygunxj:
Damn!  This thread makes me glad I passed on one last week.
View Quote

Why?  556 guns run well AFAIK.  Its the 7.62x39 that are problems.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Orygunxj:
Keeping my 805, and weird double.
View Quote

i love my 805 as well, but watching them on gb going for 2.5k or more....man, its tough to love at that price.  i can build a couple of really nice AR's for that
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#49]
Just got an HBI piston spring to try out. Anyone else have one?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I gather that the 7.62x39 guns have had some issues, but has anyone tried the combination of the HB Industries AR Magwell conversion and the Ross Defense Unimag with x39.  I know the Unimag has had its own issues and seems to be hit or miss with magwell tightness.  Seem like it would be a good combination if they all played nice together.
Page / 101
CZ Bren 2 (Page 75 of 101)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top