BCM
User Panel

CZ Bren 2 (Page 6 of 101)
Page / 101
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

CZ official statement on FB wrt any potential plans for a semi version: "BR is & will be LE only."

Go figure.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure CZ said the same thing about the BREN 2 back in the day.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Starvin:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

CZ official statement on FB wrt any potential plans for a semi version: "BR is & will be LE only."

Go figure.
I think you're correct.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:57:52 PM EDT
[#3]
View All Quotes

Go figure.
So, they sold their 300 "get rid of this crap" contract overrun guns in the span of a couple days to net (300 X 1500$) $450,000 without hardly trying...yeah, I think they'll sell the 308 to us at some point
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:08:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: India303] [#4]
The 100 is (was?) already being mfg domestically, so that's been a done deal.  It's now just seemingly being abandoned.  The 200 could've potentially been mfg here also, but that idea seems to be a nonstarter.

Czech Republic has been a NATO member since '99, so CZ is in a similar political situation to Beretta, & is choosing an assertive business approach.  Maybe that's just what it simply boils down to: respective differences in internal company culture & business strategy, Beretta being rather more conservative.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By India303:

I still think the ARX is a great all around execution, despite a couple of design eccentricities.  Unfortunately, Beretta opts to sit in a corner while CZ continues to come out swinging.  Someone wants the business, while someone else is seemingly throwing the towel.  Sad, but true.
This may be due of their home country's restrictions from doing business abroad or outside of NATO. I'm sure this is the biggest reason for HK.

IWI and CZ will sell to whomever they like and they are quite aggressive in moving their guns.  IWI has really sold lots of Tavors and X95 to countries formerly toting AKs. Looks like CZ is trying the same thing.  Don't be shocked in ten years almost every shithole will have a new gun, a Tavor, Bren or AR, M16/4.
The 100 is (was?) already being mfg domestically, so that's been a done deal.  It's now just seemingly being abandoned.  The 200 could've potentially been mfg here also, but that idea seems to be a nonstarter.

Czech Republic has been a NATO member since '99, so CZ is in a similar political situation to Beretta, & is choosing an assertive business approach.  Maybe that's just what it simply boils down to: respective differences in internal company culture & business strategy, Beretta being rather more conservative.
NATO doesn't have that much say. Italy, Germany, France, England and others have strict exportation of firearms like our ITAR, but that has nothing to do with NATO.

Somerimes it's handy to use a middle man country while achieving some diplomatic goals.  This is where a company  like CZ fits the bill.

I brought up in GD that the AK is obsolete.  What I meant by that is it's out of date.  Most of the 3rd world crap holes had what was once Soviet block country made AKs.  Only a few still make AKs but the big political push to flood the world with AKs is no longer doing so.

Its long overdue for a new gun.  I honestly don't think it will be a AK vs AR world any more.  It will go back to like it was before WW2, mostly the same type of guns but by a handful of countries.

Im convinced SCAR, Bren ,or another like aluminum monolithic frame.  China has a Norinco that comes close to it and I'm positive Russia is close to unveil one.  Why not? They come out with yet another T something tank every other year make 12 of them and repeat

Theylll have a Bren 805  or hk433 knock off
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By India303:
NATO doesn't have that much say. Italy, Germany, France, England and others have strict exportation of firearms like our ITAR, but that has nothing to do with NATO.

Somerimes it's handy to use a middle man country while achieving some diplomatic goals.  This is where a company  like CZ fits the bill.  
View Quote
The ARX-100 is made stateside.  It's not an import.  The 200 could be made here as well, but Beretta isn't interested, apparently.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm interested in what a conversion kit will cost to. Make it 762x39

But I'm more interested in a 308.

Ill buy the bren2 in 556. But I'm not sure which one. II already have a bren 1 I won't be selling.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Go figure.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:
No 308 BREN for us this year :(

I am personally going to wait on the BREN 2 until CZ releases all the accessories and such for it...right now the config I am interested in is the 8" with a SB PDW stock...

Go figure.
I’m inferring, but I’m pretty sure that’s just to fill their existing orders, not some elitism or something. I don’t blame them for that. Only they know their plans, but I’d be very surprised if they didn’t offer them for civilian sale once that demand was caught up. Most other similar companies and guns do the same. They only have so much manufacturing capacity and need to fulfill their contracts before chasing the open market.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Go figure.
View Quote
There will be a civilian model.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have more than a 1000 rounds through their bren 2 pistol? Hows it holding up? Any failures or concerns about wear thats showing? Thanks for the info! Have a good one
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Not sure if ya seen this article, been out for a while.  But designated 807 in article..... Seems to be the same firearm we have here but in pistol format
http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=3439
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#11]
That is a great article thank you!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:
Anyone have more than a 1000 rounds through their bren 2 pistol? Hows it holding up? Any failures or concerns about wear thats showing? Thanks for the info! Have a good one
View Quote
I have maybe 700.

Not a single hiccup
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

I have maybe 700.

Not a single hiccup
View Quote
Nice! Which version do you have? 5.56 or 762x39? What barrel length?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ar671:
Not sure if ya seen this article, been out for a while.  But designated 807 in article..... Seems to be the same firearm we have here but in pistol format
http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=3439
View Quote
Thanks for that article, great read and awesome results
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 4:09:39 AM EDT
[#15]
So is the Bren 2 going to be offered in carbine format, or just as a pistol?  The site currently only lists pistols.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I shot my 805 pistol with brace the other day for the first time in a little while.... and had forgotten just how unbelievably shootable that thing is even compared to ARs. It's like cheat codes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#17]
So is the Bren 2 going to be offered in carbine format, or just as a pistol?  The site currently only lists pistols.
View Quote
I came here to post the same question. There appears to be a rifle gap with the discontinuation of the Bren 805 and the stand-up of the (possibly) pistol only Bren 2.

I hope it's not another year before we can get a Bren 2 rifle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
5.56 pistol.

not sure what version of the bren 2 I'll get.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I came here to post the same question. There appears to be a rifle gap with the discontinuation of the Bren 805 and the stand-up of the (possibly) pistol only Bren 2.

View All Quotes

Thinking about, I can probably answer my own question, because I suspect it'll be like the EVO, where they sell it as a pistol & then a 922r rifle kit will come out later.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Do you shoot mostly steel case in your x39?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

Do you shoot mostly steel case in your x39?
View Quote
Ive only shot Silver Bear Soft Points through it so far. Im going to run Federal Fusion Soft Points through it next shooting session.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#22]
Well, I just became way cooler than I used to be. Thats probably not saying much, but at least now I'm in love.

It's not the barrel length I wanted, or even the caliber, but I'm so happy to have it. I can't believe how light it is.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Good because the barrel length and caliber can be changed out when the parts become available.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Yep, that's why I wasn't terribly concerned about it
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:19:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#25]
That is awesome.  I just fail to understand why CZ is going to go and remove the lightening cuts and change the hand guard.   I sort of understand wanting modularity on the hand guard but what heck on doing away with the cuts...isn’t lighter always better?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Has there been any Bren 2 news from SHOT?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#27]
The 7,62x39 takes CZ mags and not AKmags?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
Good question.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Since it looks like we won't be getting the rifle version anytime soon, I was curious what the regulations- if any- are to turn a pistol into a rifle.
Could I just take the 14" pistol, and pin and weld a 2" muzzle brake on it, put a stock on it and have myself a rifle?
Or isn't it that simple?
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cookyray:
Since it looks like we won't be getting the rifle version anytime soon, I was curious what the regulations- if any- are to turn a pistol into a rifle.
Could I just take the 14" pistol, and pin and weld a 2" muzzle brake on it, put a stock on it and have myself a rifle?
Or isn't it that simple?
View Quote
Nope. Need to wait for 922R parts
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
That is awesome.  I just fail to understand why CZ is going to go and remove the lightening cuts and change the hand guard.   I sort of understand wanting modularity on the hand guard but what heck on doing away with the cuts...isn’t lighter always better?
View Quote
The hand guard change doesn’t make sense to me as we could have lengthened the hand guard via the receiver screws aka SCAR rails mounting. It looks hideous what they are proposing, plus they didn’t even lengthen it lol in stock form.

The receiver cut omissions, I assume, are to make it simpler to manufacture and hit the sub $1500 price target.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
The 7,62x39 takes CZ mags and not AKmags?
View Quote
Yes, proprietary mags
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 10:56:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BNZ] [#33]
Originally Posted By CaribouLou45:

The hand guard change doesn’t make sense to me as we could have lengthened the hand guard via the receiver screws aka SCAR rails mounting. It looks hideous what they are proposing, plus they didn’t even lengthen it lol in stock form.

The receiver cut omissions, I assume, are to make it simpler to manufacture and hit the sub $1500 price target.
View Quote
Where did the $1500 come from? if you don't mind me asking....   I watched youtube for the CZ/ bren/ Bullpup kit at Shot Show 2019,  and the rep said something like $1799 for Bren 2,  and in pistol configuration only for now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:31:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TURRICAN] [#34]
Well, I just became way cooler than I used to be. Thats probably not saying much, but at least now I'm in love.

https://i.imgur.com/SGGRWEi.jpg

It's not the barrel length I wanted, or even the caliber, but I'm so happy to have it. I can't believe how light it is.
View Quote
Hey congrats mk4dubbin. I know you’ve been looking for one. Now I’m curious how did you find one? I scour the net looking for another military one but this time 762x39 you must have bought the one I was supposed to get. Anyway glad to see you found one. 300 club!
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Cutting machining steps means cutting costs and everyone knows you have to cut corners for the American market because they want gimmicks like changeable hangaurds on their guns
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By BNZ:

Where did the $1500 come from? if you don't mind me asking....   I watched youtube for the CZ/ bren/ Bullpup kit at Shot Show 2019,  and the rep said something like $1799 for Bren 2,  and in pistol configuration only for now.
View Quote
https://www.centerfireguns.com/cz-bren-2-ms-pistol-7-62x39-11in-91461.html
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Gotta wonder if a 922r conversion kit will be in the pipeline later this yr?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:37:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BNZ] [#38]
@CaribouLou45    Thanks for the link.  I'll add one of each on the Wish list and see what will happen next.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#39]
I’m not too worried about 922r at least on the .556 guns. A magazine and flash hider is already 4 parts so it’s close already
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:58:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TURRICAN:
I’m not too worried about 922r at least on the .556 guns. A magazine and flash hider is already 4 parts so it’s close already
View Quote
Still a pistol without the stock.  You know CZ will sell it as part of a kit, if they do at all.  Personally, I'd prefer a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#41]
That is awesome.  I just fail to understand why CZ is going to go and remove the lightening cuts and change the hand guard.   I sort of understand wanting modularity on the hand guard but what heck on doing away with the cuts...isn't lighter always better?
View Quote
The change to the handguard looks awful to me.  I loved the original look and it looks chopped up now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Still a pistol without the stock.  You know CZ will sell it as part of a kit, if they do at all.  Personally, I'd prefer a rifle.
View Quote
I would rather have the pistol (with original military receiver not the American market version) with an SB tactical brace while I wait for a stock. I don’t trust the politicians or gun manufacturers enough to just hope something I want will eventually be released in a timely fashion. My Bren 2 with 14” barrel and Brace still outperforms all my rifles as is. When I get around to converting it to a rifle I will have the receiver that I wanted
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By wiseanhyzer:
The change to the handguard looks awful to me.  I loved the original look and it looks chopped up now.
View Quote
That handguard just screams afterthought.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#44]

That handguard just screams afterthought.
View Quote
It isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the military version but I do like that its shorter, lighter, and adds the ability to change it out for other handguards, longer, different attachment methods, etc.

At SHOT they said they are already working on 922r kit with stock and everything but didnt have a date when it will be ready. Hopefully they do it different than with the EVO, where a shit ton of people bought them that didn't have an Evo yet or didn't have an approved stamp and a lot of people with approved stamps didn't get one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Cutting machining steps means cutting costs and everyone knows you have to cut corners for the American market because they want gimmicks like changeable hangaurds on their guns
View All Quotes
Preach it!!!!  Preach it brother!!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#46]
I would rather have the pistol (with original military receiver not the American market version) with an SB tactical brace while I wait for a stock. I don’t trust the politicians or gun manufacturers enough to just hope something I want will eventually be released in a timely fashion. My Bren 2 with 14” barrel and Brace still outperforms all my rifles as is. When I get around to converting it to a rifle I will have the receiver that I wanted
View All Quotes

I agree with the problem of time to market v politics. I'd just wanted the rifle to be ready to drop this yr.  But the pistol + conversion kit approach is the best strategy under the circumstances.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Hking:

It isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the military version but I do like that its shorter, lighter, and adds the ability to change it out for other handguards, longer, different attachment methods, etc.

At SHOT they said they are already working on 922r kit with stock and everything but didnt have a date when it will be ready. Hopefully they do it different than with the EVO, where a shit ton of people bought them that didn't have an Evo yet or didn't have an approved stamp and a lot of people with approved stamps didn't get one.
View Quote
Agreed about the stock kit, however again, the original monolithic receiver is built just like the SCAR, you can lengthen the rail. I don't believe the new handguard interface is any lighter and if anything I could see being heavier. It adds nothing, looks awful, gives up the longer monolithic rail, and is a waste of engineering time who ever came up with that monstrosity
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Hking:

View Quote
That’s good news. I’ve been looking everywhere for comments about exactly that at shot show. I really expected CZ was going to do a big launch at shot for the Bren2 but it didn’t seem like they had any new info on it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Preach it!!!!  Preach it brother!!!!
View Quote
We should always remember when a manufacturer of a rifle you really want announces a redesign for the “American Market”
You will be expecting this:
Attachment Attached File

But they’re gonna give you this:
Attachment Attached File

Happens every time. That’s why when I heard that I decided I had to get one of the original 300
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:55:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
Good question.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
Good question.
@556Cliff and @mk4dubbin - Not really, but handling the Bren 2 .308 surpassed what I imagined it would be.

Also, the CZ LE person I talked to, when asked if they would be bringing the .308 to the civilian market, responded with "I hope so given how many different people have asked me that exact same question today." They also confirmed a shipment of Bren 2 factory stocks were on their way to the US to fulfill a LE order. Let's hope a few of those find there way into our hands to complete the factory SBR look.

Page / 101
CZ Bren 2 (Page 6 of 101)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top