User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 5 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:51:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1888mustang:
As an owner of a 805 SBR, I see either Bren2 as a big step up from mine. I am definitely going to get a Bren 2 when they are available.
View Quote
It’s a huge improvement over the 805. I thought the 805 was great but the weight was a bit annoying and I always fealt the handguard was kid of wide and a bit akward. When I picked up the Bren 2 I couldn’t believe it. It was lite like an AR and the front end is so slim. The pistol grip is way better and the non reciprocating charging handle, bolt releases and trigger are perfect
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive heard nothing but excellent reviews on it. Only negative (kinda) was that he prefered his 805 over it. But hes comparing an 805 rifle to an 8" Bren 2 so im sure alot more muzzle flip than hes used to with his 805. Im elling all my scars now. I just picked up a 14" bren 2 so im loving it  now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I can’t see liking the 805 over the Bren2. The 805 is a great rifle but the Bren 2 beats it in every category and I have both.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#4]
My only worry about the bren 2 is the thin barrel it has. My scar 16's have a big accuracy change and point of impact change when the barrel gets hot. Have you noticed that at all while shooting your bren 2?
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#5]
I picked up a 14" 762×39 bren 2 and took it and my 14" 5.56 bren 2 out and put 500 roundz through each today. All 500 rounds from the 762x39 were silver bear. I had 1 double feed out of all 500 and it is awesome! Super accurate with light recoil. The 5.56 Bren 2 was 210 rounds of xm193, 230 rounds of 62 gr silver bear soft points and 60 rounds of 62 gr fusion msr bonded softpoints. 0 malfunctions and super accurate. 1 1/2" 5 shot groups with nikon m223 3-12 bdc scope. All i can say is wow!!!! Destroys my Scar 16's. Im selling all of them. No weird recoil, reciprocating charging handle and its balanced better and lighter. My only complaint is the wobble in the stock/brace adapter. I will fix that with a shem. No biggie.  Man i love these better by far than my scars, m4a1, mk18, sig 556 xi, and so one. Soooooo Sweet!
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:
I picked up a 14" 76239 bren 2 and took it and my 14" 5.56 bren 2 out and put 500 roundz through each today. All 500 rounds from the 762x39 were silver bear. I had 1 double feed out of all 500 and it is awesome! Super accurate with light recoil. The 5.56 Bren 2 was 210 rounds of xm193, 230 rounds of 62 gr silver bear soft points and 60 rounds of 62 gr fusion msr bonded softpoints. 0 malfunctions and super accurate. 1 1/2" 5 shot groups with nikon m223 3-12 bdc scope. All i can say is wow!!!! Destroys my Scar 16's. Im selling all of them. No weird recoil, reciprocating charging handle and its balanced better and lighter. My only complaint is the wobble in the stock/brace adapter. I will fix that with a shem. No biggie.  Man i love these better by far than my scars, m4a1, mk18, sig 556 xi, and so one. Soooooo Sweet!
View Quote
Are you currently icing your trigger finger?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:02:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#7]
Me and my buddys went to west desert and shot the whole day. Those guns are so fun . And the triggers are awesome. Mostly shot with aimpoint m4s and troy dioptic sights. I had to put a lot of rounfs through them so i could know for sure if i was going to keep and sell my scars. Its a no-brainer after spending the day shooting them. Accuracy still great after heating up barrels.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TURRICAN:
I can’t see liking the 805 over the Bren2. The 805 is a great rifle but the Bren 2 beats it in every category and I have both.
View Quote
I just field stripped my 2 bren pistols and I see quite a big indention in the trigger hammer where it strikes the firing pin. both the 5.56 and the 762 have it. Its definitely deeper on the 762. Does yours have this?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 5:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#9]
https://pics.gunbroker.com/GB_Temp/~ah0000000154_0976237000_0000000278.jpg

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:58:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#11]
I'm coming around to this rifle, but the procedural necessity for removing the barrel is a little off-putting.  There's a really good video posted at Mishaco, where he goes through the whole strip down process.  Apparently, the Bren 2 requires 9 screws - yes, nine -  to be loosened in order to withdraw the barrel.  Yes, I know it works.  It just seems a bit much when the ARX-100 is so relatively straightforward, & even the .308 ARX-200, which Beretta seems to have no interest in marketing, uses a single, large bolt to retain the barrel.  But it is what it is.  Skip to 14:10 to see the barrel removal.

9MMbSoCvU18

I have to give Misha credit.  This guy has a really interesting channel.  He reviews lots of different firearms.  The guy is impressive, & does a good job in delivering the narrative without any verbal hemming or hawing.  Just straightforward & informative. Also, he was born legally blind.  To what degree I can't say, but you would barely know it the way he handles firearms.  You can clearly see that he breaks down the entire Bren 2, including the barrel while describing every part of it along the way.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:57:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#12]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
I'm coming around to this rifle, but the procedural necessity for removing the barrel is a little off-putting.  There's a really good video posted at Mishaco, where he goes through the whole strip down process.  Apparently, the Bren 2 requires 9 screws - yes, nine -  to be loosened in order to withdraw the barrel.  Yes, I know it works.  It just seems a bit much when the ARX-100 is so relatively straightforward, & even the .308 ARX-200, which Beretta seems to have no interest in marketing, uses a single, large bolt to retain the barrel.  But it is what it is.  Skip to 14:10 to see the barrel removal.

9MMbSoCvU18

I have to give Misha credit.  This guy has a really interesting channel.  He reviews lots of different firearms.  The guy is impressive, & does a good job in delivering the narrative without any verbal hemming or hawing.  Just straightforward & informative. Also, he was born legally blind.  To what degree I can't say, but you would barely know it the way he handles firearms.  You can clearly see that he breaks down the entire Bren 2, including the barrel while describing every part of it along the way.
View Quote
I had no idea that the Bren 2 has nine screws to retain the barrel, is the 805 the same way?

The SCAR has just four, or is it six?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

I had no idea that the Bren 2 has nine screws to retain the barrel, is the 805 the same way?

The SCAR has just four, or is it six?
View Quote
FN has 6.  The Bren is obviously based on the SCAR.  There's more than a passing resemblance.  Don't know about the 805, but on the B2, in addition to the 6 bilateral screws, there are 3 additional screws on the underside.  Not the most expedient approach, though it's still user-level serviceable.  Wish they would've tried a different approach, but oh well.

I also wish Beretta would up its game & just give us 7.62x39 ARX conversion kits & the ARX-200, but a stone doesn't give blood.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:08:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#14]
Bottom screws do not have to come out. Only takes 6 screws to pull barrel out. The 3 bottom screws attach only to the barrel and are there only so you can swap out the m lok rail for other types. I can remove the barrel in less than 1 minute. Only thing  i dont like about removing barrel comparred to scar is that the screws arent captive like in my scars. But just need to be careful to not lose them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#15]
Bottom screws do not have to come out. Only takes 6 screws to pull barrel out. The 3 bottom screws attach only to the barrel and are there onl so uo can swap out the m lok rail for other types. I can remobe thd barrel in less than 1 minute. Only thing  i dont like about removing barrel comparred to scar is that the screws arent captive like in my scars. But just need to be careful to not lose them.
View Quote
Thanks for clearing that up.

I think that I actually prefer that the screws are completely removable, as they will probably need to be replaced every so often.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#16]

I think that I actually prefer that the screws are completely removable, as they will probable need to be replaced every so often.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Bottom screws do not have to come out. Only takes 6 screws to pull barrel out. The 3 bottom screws attach only to the barrel and are there onl so uo can swap out the m lok rail for other types. I can remobe thd barrel in less than 1 minute. Only thing  i dont like about removing barrel comparred to scar is that the screws arent captive like in my scars. But just need to be careful to not lose them.

I think that I actually prefer that the screws are completely removable, as they will probable need to be replaced every so often.
Attaching a rail directly to the barrel seems a bit "shade tree".  This is the only aspect of the rifle that gives me pause.  But I digress.  If it works, it works.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Attaching a rail directly to the barrel seems a bit "shade tree".  This is the only aspect of the rifle that gives me pause.  But I digress.  If it works, it works.
View Quote
I bet the bottom rail get's pretty hot, just like the SCAR.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 1:57:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#18]
View All Quotes

No doubt.  I was originally thinking the base rail co-bolted to the side screws via "ear" tabs.

EDIT: Actually, if you watch the barrel removal segment in the video link in my prior post, note that the barrel is secured to the upper by 4 torx bolts on the L & R sides through the recriver at the breech.  The the aft end of the base rail bolts to the base of the barrel breech & to the bottom of a "bridge" piece on the lower fwd end (just visible at the base of the fore end, below & aft of the gas block); the "bridge" is, in turn, bolted to the fwd segment of the receiver via torx bolts at L & R sides.

I still think the ARX is a great all around execution, despite a couple of design eccentricities.  Unfortunately, Beretta opts to sit in a corner while CZ continues to come out swinging.  Someone wants the business, while someone else is seemingly throwing the towel.  Sad, but true.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 7:15:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#19]
CZ will be back to work tomorrow and ill update every one after I speak with them about the indentations on my triggers.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:23:27 AM EDT
[#20]
CZ will be back to work tomorrow and ill update every one after I speak with them about the indentations on my triggers.
View Quote
Get some release timeline estimates, if possible.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Get some release timeline estimates, if possible.
View Quote
Will try :)
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:53:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#22]
I just talked to Randal at Cz and this is what he said "Good morning,

Those pictures appear normal and should not cause any functional issue with your firearm. We don’t have any pictures here to show you of the BREN 2 hammers, but attached is one of our Scorpion machine gun hammers that shows it has extreme wear even after many thousand rounds and still continues to function. The relative hardness of the hammer does not have any relation to functionality.

Thank you,

Randal
Technical Support/Gunsmith Rifle Lead
CZ-USA

He also sent me a picture of a Scorpion trigger that had terrible galling on it and said it is 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Ive never had this on any of my triggers on any gun. I dont see how this can be reliable. My trigger hammer already has an indentation the shape of the firing pin. Thats after only 500 rounds. Hes the lead gunsmith/tech support guy at cz so Im sure he would know best but im definitely worried about it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Ive never had this on any of my triggers on any gun. I dont see how this can be reliable. My trigger hammer already has an indentation the shape of the firing pin. Thats after only 500 rounds. Hes the lead gunsmith/tech support guy at cz so Im sure he would know best but im definitely worried about it.
View Quote
Easy solution; sell it to me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I talked to cz again and they explained that its peening and that it will stop once the hammer hardens enough where it is contacting the firing pin and that it will be 100% reliable. So I have no worries at all about the triggers on the bren 2. Its a great gun and highly recommend it
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I just received this email from cz. "Unfortunately we are not aware of any aftermarket accessories that are planned for this model, nor do we have a release date for when we will have the firearms available. We apologize for the delay but if you do have issues we can certainly take care of them within the 5 year warranty period to the original owner."

Not looking good for 2019 carbine release in USA :(
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#27]
not really worried about the hammer, as long as my Bren 2 runs reliably it's all good.

Emailed CZ USA  12-14-18, inquiring if they will be importing the Bren 2 in rifle form

Their response...All new products will be announced in first quarter 2019

Hopefully will get more info at shot show
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ar671:
not really worried about the hammer, as long as my Bren 2 runs reliably it's all good.

Emailed CZ USA  12-14-18, inquiring if they will be importing the Bren 2 in rifle form

Their response...All new products will be announced in first quarter 2019

Hopefully will get more info at shot show
View Quote
I am sure we will.  I am interested to see what specific changes they have made to the Bren 2 for the US commercial market.  After watching the Small Arms Solutions video comparing the Bren 1 and the limited release of Bren 2s I am hoping they do make some changes.  The polymer fire control group in particular seems like a step backwards from the Bren 1.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I talked with cz rep yesterday and they said they do not have an all metal trigger for the bren 2 and no plans for near future for 1. The Bren 2 trigger is very nice as is. I would love to have an all metal trigger as well. Id like to be able to swap out the grip also. The wobble in the brace/stock adapter needs fixed on the pistol versions. Other than that the gun is amazing as is in my opinion
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Bottom screws do not have to come out. Only takes 6 screws to pull barrel out. The 3 bottom screws attach only to the barrel and are there only so you can swap out the m lok rail for other types. I can remove the barrel in less than 1 minute. Only thing  i dont like about removing barrel comparred to scar is that the screws arent captive like in my scars. But just need to be careful to not lose them.
View Quote
6 screws at 8 N-m or 70.81 in-lb. Here is a N-m to in-lb conversion chart and a torque sequence chart for anyone going down this road for the first time. Make sure your rifle (ehem, pistol) shipped with the little blue nylon spacers under each screw - ask me how I know.

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 4:01:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jmftexas:
The polymer fire control group in particular seems like a step backwards from the Bren 1.
View Quote
There is a bit of wrong information in that video. The Bren 2 trigger shoe is polymer, while the rest is metal. Similar to the setup on the CZ Scorpion EVO3.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:
There is a bit of wrong information in that video. The Bren 2 trigger shoe is polymer, while the rest is metal. Similar to the setup on the CZ Scorpion EVO3.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:
Originally Posted By jmftexas:
The polymer fire control group in particular seems like a step backwards from the Bren 1.
Indeed; the one dumb-ish thing in the FCG is that the safety can't be removed without driving out pins (again).  But unlike the 805, you can at least remove the trigger/hammer by themselves.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Would it be possible to convert the Americanized Bren 2 to the military spec Bren 2?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#35]
So two questions:

Will there be a rifle version?

Why are you all removing the barrel?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm looking hard at the 8" 5.56 and 9" x39.

I wonder how do they compare in size with the B&T APC223?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By India303:
I'm looking hard at the 8" 5.56 and 9" x39.

I wonder how do they compare in size with the B&T APC223?  
View Quote
I know my 14" 806 is lighter than my 8" APC. Size wise they're pretty close to the same, 806may be a touch smaller receiver wise.

SBR 143
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 59chevy:

I know my 14" 806 is lighter than my 8" APC. Size wise they're pretty close to the same, 806may be a touch smaller receiver wise.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4825/45858254372_84f2288a4e_c.jpg
SBR 143
by TX 556Mav, on Flickr
View Quote
If you had to choose 1 which would it be? SCAR 16 OR BREN 2?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#39]

SBR 143 by TX 556Mav, on Flickr
View Quote
Well shoot.  That's exactly what I needed to know.  How much thinner does the Bren 2 compare to the 805 and does the receiver wall thickness close to being the same or is the 805 receiver metal thicker?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#40]
The catalogue lists six variants of the BREN 2 MS, with the 8'', 11" and 14" barrel in 5.56mm, and 9", 11", and 14" in 7.62x39mm. All six MSRP is $1799. All military/LE BREN 2s are listed as well, with LE/iMil only where a price tag would go.
I am waiting for the BR variant, not much of an "operator" at my age and weight, so humping this out to a hunting spot and back shouldn't be too much, with carrying a whole host of other goodies.
I still shoot my BREN 805, heavy beast, but eats EVERYTHING I feed it without burble, including cast bullet loads. Trigger is phenomenal. However, asn FDE BREN 805, I guess it's a collectors item now, as the 805 is officially discontinued.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:17:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Well shoot.  That's exactly what I needed to know.  How much thinner does the Bren 2 compare to the 805 and does the receiver wall thickness close to being the same or is the 805 receiver metal thicker?
View All Quotes

SBR 143 by TX 556Mav, on Flickr
Same receiver width (1.5") but the dovetail things around the rear takedown pin holes are gone.  Also the rear takedown pin doesn't really do anything but 'lock' the endcap latch (lever, not button now)
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#42]

If you had to choose 1 which would it be? SCAR 16 OR BREN 2?
View Quote
Right now it would be the Scar just because the Bren 2 still doesn’t enough rounds through it to see how durable it’s gonna be. If the Bren 2 holds up good with no issues it will over take the Scar.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Right now it would be the Scar just because the Bren 2 still doesn’t enough rounds through it to see how durable it’s gonna be. If the Bren 2 holds up good with no issues it will over take the Scar.
View Quote
Thats my thoughts as well. I have 500 rounds through my 5.56 bren 2 and 500 rounds through my 762 x 39 bren 2. Only wear I see is peening on the trigger. I had 1 double feed failure on the 762x39 bren 2. Otherwise flawless. No failures at all with the 5.56 Bren 2. Thanks for your thoughts on this. Have a good one
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I noticed the Bren 1 was removed from the list on CZ website after being shown discontinued for a while and now the Bren 2 is showing in its place.  Hope they are coming real soon!
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#45]
No 308 BREN for us this year :(

I am personally going to wait on the BREN 2 until CZ releases all the accessories and such for it...right now the config I am interested in is the 8" with a SB PDW stock...
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 2:34:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#46]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
No 308 BREN for us this year :(

I am personally going to wait on the BREN 2 until CZ releases all the accessories and such for it...right now the config I am interested in is the 8" with a SB PDW stock...
View Quote
CZ official statement on FB wrt any potential plans for a semi version: "BR is & will be LE only."

Go figure.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#47]

I still think the ARX is a great all around execution, despite a couple of design eccentricities.  Unfortunately, Beretta opts to sit in a corner while CZ continues to come out swinging.  Someone wants the business, while someone else is seemingly throwing the towel.  Sad, but true.
View Quote
This may be due of their home country's restrictions from doing business abroad or outside of NATO. I'm sure this is the biggest reason for HK.

IWI and CZ will sell to whomever they like and they are quite aggressive in moving their guns.  IWI has really sold lots of Tavors and X95 to countries formerly toting AKs. Looks like CZ is trying the same thing.  Don't be shocked in ten years almost every shithole will have a new gun, a Tavor, Bren or AR, M16/4.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#48]

CZ official statement on FB wrt any potential plans for a semi version: "BR is & will be LE only."

Go figure.
View Quote
Sounds like an uproar on their facebook is in order.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Go figure.
View Quote
That's seriously some bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:24:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#50]
This may be due of their home country's restrictions from doing business abroad or outside of NATO. I'm sure this is the biggest reason for HK.

IWI and CZ will sell to whomever they like and they are quite aggressive in moving their guns.  IWI has really sold lots of Tavors and X95 to countries formerly toting AKs. Looks like CZ is trying the same thing.  Don't be shocked in ten years almost every shithole will have a new gun, a Tavor, Bren or AR, M16/4.
View All Quotes

The 100 is (was?) already being mfg domestically, so that's been a done deal.  It's now just seemingly being abandoned.  The 200 could've potentially been mfg here also, but that idea seems to be a nonstarter.

Czech Republic has been a NATO member since '99, so CZ is in a similar political situation to Beretta, & is choosing an assertive business approach.  Maybe that's just what it simply boils down to: respective differences in internal company culture & business strategy, Beretta being rather more conservative.
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 5 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top