Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2021 8:26:25 PM EDT
I picked up a CZ82 which, when I got it had issues with the sear not releasing; you really had to pull aggressively on the trigger to get it to fire, and even then, it didn't always work. I ordered a replacement sear, hammer, trigger bar, dis connector, and a set of springs/pin and rebuilt the whole thing. I now have a new problem: It fired perfectly in double-action. When firing in single action, about halfway through the SA trigger pull, the hammer releases but drops into the double-action sear(?). At that point, I can keep pulling, see the hammer cock back further, and finally release OR I could let the trigger out and the hammer will come down slowly. This behavior happens nearly every time when holding the gun normally, but everything seems to work fine if I hold the gun sideways. From other forum postings, it seems this may be a worn sear and or spring and the suggestion is to replace them...but I just did that. Other thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a -82 that does the EXACT same thing.  Aggravating.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Found a lot of people do, but they all seem to either fix it by replacing the sear and hammer or just disappear before fixing it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top