Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2018 7:05:31 PM EDT
I'm not as confident with answers to NFA handgun stuff as I am with rifle laws, and just looking for some clarification.

it seems there were some CZ75s manufactured for czech special forces at one point that were full auto, but used a magazine mounted under the barrel as a fore grip. So, if we were to ignore fact that the pistol is full auto for this purpose, my question is more along the lines if someone designed a similar mounting system for any other pistol, would the magazine mounted there fall unter ATF classification of being a fore grip? If so, does that make the pistol an AOW?

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
BATFE works in mysterious ways but I think it would be an AOW. The mount is designed to be used as a vertical grip, thus the gun is not designed to be fired from one hand. Ergo, AOW.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd wager you're right, especially because if that was a loophole you could get around, surely someone would be selling mag plates that attach to a pic rail or something like that for other handguns.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It would be an AOW by definition.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not as confident with answers to NFA handgun stuff as I am with rifle laws, and just looking for some clarification.

it seems there were some CZ75s manufactured for czech special forces at one point that were full auto, but used a magazine mounted under the barrel as a fore grip. So, if we were to ignore fact that the pistol is full auto for this purpose, my question is more along the lines if someone designed a similar mounting system for any other pistol, would the magazine mounted there fall unter ATF classification of being a fore grip? If so, does that make the pistol an AOW?

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/cz75_full_auto.jpg
View Quote
Yep, AOW; unless you got an opinion from ATF Martinsburg that it was an angled fore-grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top