Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2018 7:16:10 PM EDT
Hello all.  I have a question pertaining to loose breech, as demonstrated/discussed at the following two sites:

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=77132.0

AND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQB0MVGBGko

I have experimented with two CZ-52's, both of which were purchased a few years back from Czechpoint as "unissued" guns.  Both appeared unissued when received.  Testing both, I found that both demonstrated loose breech as seen in the above linked video.  I purchased some Harrington rollers and an unissued barrel and installed them into one, and found that the loose breech still existed.  Both of the pistols have been shot (though admittedly only a small amount, probably less than 500 rounds altogether) and haven't shown any signs of problems.  My questions are:

1.  Is this an actual problem?  A poster in the above lined discussion topic seems to suggest that it is a common  condition.
2.  If replacing the barrel and rollers doesn't correct the issue, it would seem that the only other solution would be to replace the slide, unless I am missing something obvious.  Is this correct?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Delayed blowback is more like it.

Is your brass bulged anywhere ?
IMHO if not, you should be OK.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I have owned 4 of these and never heard of the "loose breech" issue. Never had a problem with loads from soft to surplus machine gun ammo. If it is like an HK you would measure with a feeler gauge and change rollers to get in spec. Just feeling for loose is subjective.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have owned 4 of these and never heard of the "loose breech" issue. Never had a problem with loads from soft to surplus machine gun ammo. If it is like an HK you would measure with a feeler gauge and change rollers to get in spec. Just feeling for loose is subjective.
View Quote
Unless the brass is showing signs of headspace problems there isn't a problem.

This is a Combloc Military Gun. Built to run in the worst conditions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top