Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2018 3:30:46 AM EDT
Since there seems to be a lot of interest in CZ 455 rimfires lately, I thought I would post my current set up.
What stared life as a 455 American has morphed into some sort of varmint tacticool build.

I picked up the unthreaded varmint barrel, Boyds stock, and bolt handle on the RFC classifieds over the past year for very reasonable prices. I did a 25 cent trigger job by changing the spring and doing a quick surface polish. Pull is 2.5 pounds and very clean.

I'm using a Bushnell Engage 4-16X44 with side parallax adjustment and a MOA reticle. It's a very nice scope and was pretty cheap from Cabelas on a closeout.
I have had good luck with dovetail rings and bad luck with picatinny adaptors, so I didn't bother with one from DIP. The dovetail rings have a set screw in the center that really keeps them in place and are very solid, no issues at all.

I'm using a no-name multicam stock pack from Amazon that works great as a cheek riser. I keep two extra mags, a small multi tool, small pen and notebook, and 50 rounds of ammo in the pouch.

I don't use this for bench shooting, and mostly engage steel targets from 25 to 300 yards. During initial sight in, the rifle was capable of producing very consistent .5 MOA groups at 50 yards with CCI standard velocity and that was good enough for me. I haven't had it on paper again since, but it is a very reliable performer and I much prefer it to the Savage and Ruger American rifles I have had. The Savage is a great deal for the price, but the CZ has a much higher build quality that I don't mind spending extra for. The Ruger felt cheap and shot poorly, no reservations about letting it go. I'm no precision rifle master, but ringing steel at distance sure is a lot of fun and I have nothing but good to say about CZ.

Here are some pictures of one of the elevated shooting platforms I shoot from and the tripod mount I usually use for sitting and standing positions.

Link Posted: 1/5/2018 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool rifle.  I am not so sure about dem scope mounts.  This is a varmint barrel, you have something heavier. I also dicked around with the stock trigger and ended up with a Timney.  Get a Timney, you will never regret it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2018 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle. I love shooting steel with CCI quiet at 100 yards.... Click........... Ting.

Did you bed the rifle?
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool rifle.  I am not so sure about dem scope mounts.  This is a varmint barrel, you have something heavier. I also dicked around with the stock trigger and ended up with a Timney.  Get a Timney, you will never regret it.

https://i.imgur.com/Nlt9ubo.jpg
View Quote
I'm very sure it's a 455 varmint barrel, as I bought the stock and barrel set as a take off. The 452s had much more of a taper compared to the 455s.
I have a Timney in my 700 and love it and might upgrade the CZ at some point, but I'm satisfied with it for the time being.

Here's a screenshot of the 455 varmint barrel from CZ

Link Posted: 1/5/2018 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice rifle. I love shooting steel with CCI quiet at 100 yards.... Click........... Ting.

Did you bed the rifle?
View Quote
I'd love to get a suppressor at some point, I think it would be a hoot. CCI quiet is fun stuff, but man does it drop like a rock.

I haven't bedded the rifle, but maybe someday. If I stick with configuration I'll consider doing some of the standard accuracy upgrades, but I'm just enjoying shooting it for now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Varmint barrel profile on the 455s is the same across the Varmint, Tacticool and Precision Trainer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link to tripod?

Sweet setup.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Link to tripod?

Sweet setup.
View Quote
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I3DTQ6O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the tripod I'm using, but I picked mine up on a warehouse deal for $50 instead of the full price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top