Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2022 5:43:44 PM EDT
FINALLY get back to the range, I hate working weekends

First up, my "new" Fulton Armory M1A1 Carbine

150 rounds doing a 50 yard zero and breaking it in.

1st 50 rounds left hand target, 2nd 50 right hand all bench rested. The 1st 5 rounds go to the bottom of the target. I figure I need to aim a tad high, or break down and file the front sight a tad sometime. I figure it out and do better 2nd 50 rounds right hand target,

I did have 2 FTF's using 2 different KCI mags last round. 1 new 1 and 1 "regular" shooter mag. Could be the mags, could be me fighting the folding stock (I'm not a fan, bit wobblily)

Last 50 rounds sitting shooting freehand. I swapped to a USGI mag and no issues. I figure good enough for the day and I'm out of 30 Carbine in my range bag.....try a standard stock next trip.

Next up, my CMP Springfield "Expert" Garand, 7 clips to finish zeroing it at 50 yards

1st 5 clips I bench rest, shooting a bit low but I figure its me, still getting used to shooting a Garand. Last 2 clips I tried sitting freehand and I'm outside in the 7-8 ring. The 5 rounds in the white are from having to fold the target over the stand this range uses, I ain't that bad a shot
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful guns. Did that Garand go to Fulton for a refresh?
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beautiful guns. Did that Garand go to Fulton for a refresh?
View Quote

Nope, that's straight from CMP.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t but know how those Paratroopers fought with those wobbly bastard stocks….

If you could jump with an M1 Garand you could jump with a M1 Carbine with wood stock!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah, had to look up what the Expert grade was, looks damn nice!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don’t but know how those Paratroopers fought with those wobbly bastard stocks….

If you could jump with an M1 Garand you could jump with a M1 Carbine with wood stock!!!
View Quote

Tell me about it. If the US Army really needed a folding stock they should have copied the German's MP-38/40 folding stock.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/nordparaleft.jpg

I had one of these on my 1st USGI Carbine, the Rockola my uncle brought back from Korea. He put it on during the riots of the 60's and lost the USGI stock, I had it for years before my ex sold it during our divorce 2001-02
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are, like having a new gun. I just got this one this week

2nd CMP Expert

Little bit of pitting under the wood, and the handle on the op rod. I had a spare of that I snagged off another Garand that I replaced it with.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Those are some fine specimens my good Sir.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Don is a damn show off…….but I sure like his style !!!! ??
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish more people would post their range trips.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

200yards prone
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Tell me about it. If the US Army really needed a folding stock they should have copied the German's MP-38/40 folding stock.
View Quote

My experience has been the exact opposite.  When I pull my M2 Carbine into my shoulder, it seems to lock up tight with the angle of the buttplate helping keep the stock open and in place.  It's only loose when I'm not in a good shooting position.  When I shoot my MP40, the stock has enough vertical play that I can occasionally feel the weapon shift while firing.  The play in my MP40 stock only measures like 1/4" but it feels like more when it shifts.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok, update on the M1A1 since it joined the Leg Infantry

I ran 100 rounds at 50 yards benched again to see if I needed a new zero. No major issues IMO, I did have to go 1 click left with the new stock.

I lost the target for the 1st 50 rounds, here's the 2nd

Got some on the low side, I was loading and running 10 rounds each mag load. I do know with this Carbine at 50 yards I need to aim a tad high, top of the front sight post about at the top of the 10 ring to hit center. The 1st target showed that, grouping around the 9 ring low.

Gun ran great, 1 hiccup on a 15 round test but it's a new KCI mag with the M1 follower, I'll give it a couple more tries.

It'll due  I just wish I had more .30 Carbine ammo, sucks only shooting 100 rounds, that's barely warming up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top