Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2022 6:26:53 PM EDT
Anyone else still waiting on a .308 Expert Garand from the CMP?
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I missed them by less than a week; my order packet was prepped and I needed to notarize it, but they sold out first.  

So I got my old beat to hell Greek return, and sent it out to be rechambered, refinished, and put in a new stock.

The Expert is likely a cheaper way to do it, but I was impatient and wanted to do this for a long time anyway.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm waiting also. I was told they're waiting on barrels, soon as they get in they'll be available again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The word is it could be a year.  Waiting on Criterion for barrels and apparently it’s going to be a while.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Emailed the CMP on Friday and got a response today that they have not received any
.308 barrels from Criterion.
Called Criterion this afternoon and was told that the CMP recently received a shipment of barrels.
Ehh what gives here?
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Emailed the CMP on Friday and got a response today that they have not received any
Called Criterion this afternoon and was told that the CMP recently received a shipment of barrels.
Ehh what gives here?
View Quote
I would guess that the email jockey doesn't work in the shipping & receiving department.

Also it figures they might get .308 experts back in stock after I've paid to convert one, and ordered another (that I've just sent off) for conversion work
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would guess that the email jockey doesn't work in the shipping & receiving department.

Also it figures they might get .308 experts back in stock after I've paid to convert one, and ordered another (that I've just sent off) for conversion work
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ehh what gives here?

Well nothing is set in stone yet, sorry to hear that you went through the whole conversion thing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally got the call from the CMP today! Should be getting my rifle before Christmas, hopefully.
??
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Finally got it! H&R receiver, I haven’t had the chance to disassemble and see what other manufacturers parts
are inside. I do have a question about the stock, are they using Boyd’s now or Dupage because it seems like
there is a lot of extra woo around the trigger group, hand guard and butt plate. Also where is a good place to get
a M1903 leather sling?
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/DU7srOX.jpg

Finally got it! H&R receiver, I haven’t had the chance to disassemble and see what other manufacturers parts
are inside. I do have a question about the stock, are they using Boyd’s now or Dupage because it seems like
there is a lot of extra woo around the trigger group, hand guard and butt plate. Also where is a good place to get
a M1903 leather sling?
View Quote

Glad you got it
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/DU7srOX.jpg

a M1903 leather sling?
View Quote

According to the DuPage website their stocks are patterned after the original 1939 style stock, which seem to be a little 'chunkier' in the areas you mentioned vs. USGI stocks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#12]
According to the DuPage website their stocks are patterned after the original 1939 style stock, which seem to be a little 'chunkier' in the areas you mentioned vs. USGI stocks.

Thanks for the info did not know that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Here are some pictures of the internals. Looks like the only manufacturer the Im missing IHC. My safety ended
up being a HRA. Any recommendations on how to to clean the gas system? I’ve read that some keep it dry and
that some lightly oil, which one is better?
The worst pitting that I have found is in and around the windage knob hope this won’t be a problem in the future.

https://i.imgur.com/WyFI0RIm.jpg

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#14]
The uncut oprod is neat.

I wouldn't worry much about that pitting...just keep the receiver lightly oiled and you should be fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top