Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2023 5:16:56 AM EDT
Has anyone considered getting a MAX 11/15 and setting it up for a CMMG radial delayed blow back kit? The thought of having an upper for my M11/9 that could with a quick change set up be converted between calibers easily is very interesting. CMMG makes 9mm, 40 S&W and 10mm parts. They also make mags for 5.7x28mm and 4.6x30mm. I'd have to source barrels from elsewhere but the possibilities are fascinating.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
RDB works. People have done it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#2]
MAX11/15 With 9mm Radial Delay

As you can see above, it has been done. I'm not really sure why you'd want to though. If you have to take the whole thing apart to swap the bolt, might as well just slap the 9mm real upper back on. Full auto 5.7 sounds counterproductive. It's more expensive and less powerful than 5.56mm which this upper is native to. Same for 4.6.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. I guess my YouTube fu is weak since I couldn't find anything on this.

I suppose I'd do it simply for entertainment value and the opportunity to tinker more. For half the cost of many MGs I could buy multiple caliber set ups and have lots of fun with it. Especially if the upper and all the barrels were set up to be quick change.

The 40 S&W and 10mm in a full auto is something most people including myself will probably never get to try much less own unless I did something along these lines.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm with you as a 40/10mm lover, but they don't make their ar conversion mags for those 2 calibers. Just 9/5.7/4.6. There's some guy on uzi talk who's working on something that would let you throw general ar uppers on an m11/9 lower, but it's always 6 months away for years now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I sure wish they did make the conversion mags. I was researching mag well adapters for glock mags. I also imagine I'd have to modify whatever adapter to work with the geometry of the bottom of the Lage MAX 11/15 upper. Ultimately that's part of the fun of tinkering. If I went this route I think 10mm would be the first thing I would get set up.

I am familiar with those AR upper adapters. It kind of reminds me of the shrike 5.56 uppers. Once they finally hit the market they were expensive, had problems and weren't covered by a warranty so I was out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, olympic arms had 10mm uppers and their own 10mm magazines that worked with standard AR lowers, so as far as the mag, it's doable. This is one of those times however where it probably doesn't make much sense to bother with it. Lage already makes kick butt 9mm upper options for it, and with the current prices of things, I can't see people wanting to dump 10mm at high rates of fire. There's not enough of a market unless you're willing to pay giant money for it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Like I said. My interest in something like this mainly revolves around entertainment value. Believe it or not shooting the stock 9mm and 5.56 uppers get boring after a while. Lol I guess this is what happens when you try to buy happiness.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want  .40 caliber that works with an AR magwell, MVB Industries makes a UMP magwell adapter. I believe this will work with UMP  .40 S&W and 10mm mags. The HK mags are very pricey but will work with .40 S&W, 10mmAUTO, and .45 ACP. The fixed ejector would need to be removed. The CMMG carrier for the RDB system seems to be the same, for pistol calibers.

There has been some discussion of caliber changes with the Lage Max-11/15. The Cry Havic quick change barrel system has had some good reviews from some members at Uzitalk.com "Mac10talk". It would seem to me that buying additional sear catch/firing pin stops for replacement carriers would make caliber changes easier than switching bolts in the carriers. Especially since there are differences in some AR-15/M16 carriers for different calibers.

The Tenko adapter is mine. Yes, the Tenko saga has been long. It has been very challenging to scrape together funding. It has also been extremely challenging to redesign the system so it will not fire using a vice on a table, angle iron, C-clamp, and zip ties, which is what the ATF did with our last submission.  It has been 10 times harder than the original design.

I still have my day job and paying off the money I borrowed to finish the last submission. Hopefully I can finish testing the finalized submissions. We plan to send two. Both still use standard AR-15/M16  upper receivers. One will be open bolt and one will be closed bolt. The open bolt mechanism will require a modification of the bolt carrier. If the open bolt mechanism is approved, a modified carrier will be included with the open bolt Tenko adapter kit. The retailer will stock modified carriers for various systems, like CMMG RDB, 7.62x39, and of course USGI style carriers.

Scott
Manager A&S Conversions L.L.C.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm super excited for the Tenko.

There is a working 22LR conversion in a Max11/15 on Uzitalk. Hopefully it is easily upped to the 10/15.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm very interested in an adapter.  It would be cool to run a belt fed upper on my M11.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top