Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2018 12:23:05 AM EDT
Just FYI, if you are looking for a 1913 adapter to put a side folder etc on your 556XI, CDNN has an awesome deal on the adapter from Sig. I had been looking for one to add an MPX side folder PSB but they were about $90 and while I waffled sold out everywhere. Sig website showed they have been removed them from the site.

I lucked out and found them at CDNN for a blowout price, $29.99, ended up being $39.98 with shipping. I bought it Thursday night and it shipped Friday, showed up Monday.

Works good so far on my 556XI PSB pistol, set up right handed the bolt probably won't cycle with the lefthand MPX folder I put on folded all the way, and the receiver extension knuckle hits the sling mount when folded all the way which I'm still trying to sort out (remove it, flip it, or leave as is) but it works solid of you want a 556XI side folder. I'll probably buy a KAK Shockwave blade and buffer tube to replace the Sig brace. If you want one I recommend grabbing one soon, I believe Sig has discontinued manufacturing these.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer-psb-stock-adapter-pic-rail-xi-556-552.html#.Wuk2-8tMEwD
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw those, What stock fits the rail?  Is it for XI only?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Any MCX/MPX stock.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks,  I just bought a 1911 holster.  Got a deal on a Mitch Rosen holster.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bag it came in says "PSB BUFFER TUBE ADAPTIVE KIT, 1913, FOR XI, 556, 552" verbatim.

The XI is the only Sig 556 I own, not familiar with the stock adapter for the other models. The receiver mount just has a "hook" that slots into the left side of the receiver and then a roll pin in driven in through the adapter-->receiver-->adapter on the right side of the receiver. So if the receiver on your 556 is similar it should work. I am FAR from an expert on these.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Pics of it on the gun?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks - I see how it works with the MCX/MPX stocks now.  I never had an MPX to know.

It fits the "classic" style lower receiver and permits the MPX style stocks, which is another option.  There is an MPX AR Tube adapter that is an aftermarket part made by some vendor - Its on optics planet so gives some more options.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 12:55:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pics of it on the gun?
View Quote

Was busy this week and haven't decided how I want to go with the sling mount protruding. So I stuck an Allen wrench through the roll pin hole and hope to get to it this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 12:57:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks - I see how it works with the MCX/MPX stocks now.  I never had an MPX to know.

It fits the "classic" style lower receiver and permits the MPX style stocks, which is another option.  There is an MPX AR Tube adapter that is an aftermarket part made by some vendor - Its on optics planet so gives some more options.
View Quote
Glad it works on the classic. Opens up some options. Wanted my 556XI to be a side folder. Might as well since it doesn't actually need the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#10]
does this mean its a double folder?  folds once at the original hinge and then again with the new MCX stock?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
does this mean its a double folder?  folds once at the original hinge and then again with the new MCX stock?
View Quote
No, it hooks in solid to the left side of the receiver and then the roll pin is driven through the right side of the receiver where it looks like it would fold but does not. At least that is how it is on my 556xi PSB pistol. Then you can use the rail to put on any brace, stock (if you SBR it), or adapter that can attach to a 1913/picatinny rail.

A company used to make an adapter (DDLES) that used that pivot hinge to fold but they are out of business or otherwise don't make them anymore so I was looking for another option. I bought the XI used and thought it was a folder when I bought it based on that pivot, I was pretty disappointed when I got home and realized the brace didn't fold like on my MPX.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top