Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2021 10:15:18 PM EDT
When were these made?  Been in a cool dehumidified basement since new.  
Google says late 70s at the oldest up to sometime in the 80s, is that close?  
I have shot plenty of 60s/70s Ammo with no problems.  I'm not terribly concerned about using them - should I be?  
Price tag on one is $1.45 from a store that went out of business in the 90s.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Pre 1990 for sure
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:32:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I’d load them. I’d bet they work 100%.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Been curious about these as well. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The diamond logos are from the ‘70s. The rest are ‘80s into early ‘90s. No specific dates for logo changes. Load them in practice ammo. Keep the older boxes for display on the gun room shelf.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Contact CCI with the lot numbers and they can tell you. I did just that a while ago when I traded into some older SPPs. Turned out to be 80's vintage. Still work fine...

Edit to add: I think there is a way to decipher the lot number code to get a date. Ask Google.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I've been reloading since the late 1970s.  I don't recall ever seeing the blue diamond logo.  I'll bet they were made in the 1960s.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep the first few top row and last of the bottom row  were the style on the shelf when I started in the mid eighties, and through til the late nineties when the boxes went with a medium blue.

It they were stored cool and dry I actually trust them more than current production under stress.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top