Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2021 6:32:40 PM EDT
I bought a CBC (Brazil) Nylon 66 Clone today for $112.00...Well used but sound.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The weird thing was that it had a Remington marked barrel on it but the barrel did not have a date code.

I'm wondering if they were just left over barrels sent to CBC or did someone swap it out? I posted the question over on rimfire central, they should know.

I put a .75" Weaver V-22 scope on it and took it down to my range and sighted it in. No issues and I did have any trouble shooting tight cloverleaf groups at 40 yards. I used CCI mini-mag HPs.

I had one years ago that I gave to my nephew and it shot as well as my real Nylon 66. It seems the main difference is the trigger, being of steel instead of nylon.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I most certainly would have gone for that deal.  I'm still looking for a Nylon 76, with the gunbroker prices.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my CBC Nylon 66.  Picked it up a couple of years ago locally for $100.  Way cheaper than the Remingtons which are going up in price it seems.  It was so dirty it looked like it had an ant hill inside.  But I cleaned her up and now she shoots great!

Since it’s so easy to get the barrel out, I sent it to Morgan at Class 3 Machining to have it threaded. Now she shoots great AND quiet.

Congrats on yours!  Looks like a great deal on a solid rifle.  No idea why the barrel has Remington markings, but as long as it runs and is accurate...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top