Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2022 1:24:40 PM EDT
I’ve been looking at getting suppressors for a while.

Set on a dedicated .22 can and a “do it all”. Will probably spend 90% of its time on 5.56 rifles but potentially pcc stuff too.

I’m going to use the silencer shop kiosk at my local gun store to do my purchase.

So my question is - does that qualify as an Eform purchase? I’ve heard they are fast. And I’m not exactly wanting to wait 16 months for something.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’ve been looking at getting suppressors for a while.

Set on a dedicated .22 can and a “do it all”. Will probably spend 90% of its time on 5.56 rifles but potentially pcc stuff too.

I’m going to use the silencer shop kiosk at my local gun store to do my purchase.

So my question is - does that qualify as an Eform purchase? I’ve heard they are fast. And I’m not exactly wanting to wait 16 months for something.

Thanks!
View Quote

Yes, eForm 4.  Supposed to be 3 months, but running 7ish months.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the SS kiosks are setup for eform. Talk to the dealer and see how familiar they are with filling eforms. A dealer who knows what they're doing makes the process a lot smother.

No, it's not fast. Nothing with NFA stuff is fast.  Most of the approvals coming back now are from February. Faster than the 16 months you mentioned but a far cry from the 90 days that everyone was excited about. Of course, I don't think anyone believed 90 days would happen. Hoped yes, expected no.

The wait time isn't likely to get shorter anytime soon and is likely to increase. Best bet with cans is if you want to buy them, buy them now and get on the clock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, the SS kiosks are setup for eform. Talk to the dealer and see how familiar they are with filling eforms. A dealer who knows what they're doing makes the process a lot smother.

No, it's not fast. Nothing with NFA stuff is fast.  Most of the approvals coming back now are from February. Faster than the 16 months you mentioned but a far cry from the 90 days that everyone was excited about. Of course, I don't think anyone believed 90 days would happen. Hoped yes, expected no.

The wait time isn't likely to get shorter anytime soon and is likely to increase. Best bet with cans is if you want to buy them, buy them now and get on the clock.
View Quote
This is absolutely true.  The dealer not knowing what they were doing added two months to my experience.  Still don't have my last can.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
you will pay for your first, but not get it... 200+ days for e-file currently.

I would also suggest (strongly) you consider a 30 cal can. While you may be more about 556 currently, a can is a lifetime purchase. suppressed 556 still sucks. quiet 300BO subs will change your life. You can only shoot one of those through a 22 can...
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
you will pay for your first, but not get it... 200+ days for e-file currently.

I would also suggest (strongly) you consider a 30 cal can. While you may be more about 556 currently, a can is a lifetime purchase. suppressed 556 still sucks. quiet 300BO subs will change your life. You can only shoot one of those through a 22 can...
View Quote

Yeah I’ve got a buddy with a 300. It’s eerily quiet
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah I’ve got a buddy with a 300. It’s eerily quiet
View Quote

that's my plan(yea 90days are past and shop laughs about when it will actually will clear).  When buying it I asked about getting a .223 endcap, the guys at the shop said to save my money.  they all shoot .223 thru a .30 and found the .223 endcap made little difference
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m in the process of doing exactly the same thing, a dedicated 22 and a do-it-all to begin with but I’m just beginning my research.  But there’s so much bad information and horseshit I have to go thru to get to the facts in order to do an apple to apple comparison that process seems daunting and any good information I can get is greatly appreciated. May I ask what cans did you settle on? Thanks

Edit - hosts are 10/22, AR 22 and I’ll probably thread one of my bolt action 22’s, AR15, AR in 762x39, and bolt actions in  270, 308, 762x39, …, the largest cal is a 308.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’m in the process of doing exactly the same thing, a dedicated 22 and a do-it-all to begin with but I’m just beginning my research.  But there’s so much bad information and horseshit I have to go thru to get to the facts in order to do an apple to apple comparison that process seems daunting and any good information I can get is greatly appreciated. May I ask what cans did you settle on? Thanks

Edit - hosts are 10/22, AR 22 and I’ll probably thread one of my bolt action 22’s, AR15, AR in 762x39, and bolt actions in  270, 308, 762x39, …, the largest cal is a 308.
View Quote

Get a 22 can and a .30 cal can. Figure out how you want to mount the 30 cal can.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I was in the same boat back in July before doing alot of reading here. Picked a Sparrow for my rimfire can without doing much research.  If I had it to do over would have went with DA mask or Rugged Occulus, but I'll probably put one of those in jail soon. After doing some research I later bought a DA Nomad 30. Should work well on the guns I want to suppress currently, 308 bolt, 6.8SPC, 300BO, and 5.56/223.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top