Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2019 3:26:08 PM EDT
Anyone have a recommendation for a gun business account?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat. From what research and conversations I've had it seems Wells Fargo is the one that keeps popping up. Others are having luck with small local banks and credit unions that are gun friendly.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Wells Fargo.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Credit union
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Local bank. They are a state bank with about 5 locations in the state.... wanted to do CU, but the one in the big city wanted both of the LLC owners there and more hoops. Since it is 1 or 2 hours to their nearest branch anyway we just decided to go to the locals. Had an account open in 5 minutes
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I use PNC and haven’t run into any problems yet. I deposit everything via a very local ATM and don’t really have to deal with the bank itself often. Money orders, checks, cash, doesn’t matter. Right in the ATM.

For card processing though, PNC said no online gun sales. So for that, I went with National Processing. I called BlueDog first, but they weren’t being forthright about some things, and I saw all their bad reviews after I had already spoken to a rep. By then, it was too late. They’ve called me almost every day since.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:I called BlueDog first, but they weren’t being forthright about some things, and I saw all their bad reviews after I had already spoken to a rep.
View Quote
If you don't mind, what was it that Bluedog wasn't being transparent about? After a fairly in-depth review of various options, I went with Bluedog.  Their flat-rate plan means simplicity and predictability to me. There are no monthly minimums and the monthly costs are pretty bare bones.  $9.95/mo for the account and $9.95/mo for the reader gateway.  1.49% flat rate swipe/tap/dip on qualifying cards, next day funding, no network or PCI fees, no contract or termination fee, etc.. The ONLY thing I wasn't aware of as a newbie to accepting credit cards was that certain cards (e.g., "rewards cards") didn't "qualify" for the lower 1.49% rate and were, instead, charged the same rate as card not present (2.98%).  Other than that last point, I'm good with Bluedog right now.  Of course, that could change ... :)
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you don't mind, what was it that Bluedog wasn't being transparent about? After a fairly in-depth review of various options, I went with Bluedog.  Their flat-rate plan means simplicity and predictability to me. There are no monthly minimums and the monthly costs are pretty bare bones.  $9.95/mo for the account and $9.95/mo for the reader gateway.  1.49% flat rate swipe/tap/dip on qualifying cards, next day funding, no network or PCI fees, no contract or termination fee, etc.. The ONLY thing I wasn't aware of as a newbie to accepting credit cards was that certain cards (e.g., "rewards cards") didn't "qualify" for the lower 1.49% rate and were, instead, charged the same rate as card not present (2.98%).  Other than that last point, I'm good with Bluedog right now.  Of course, that could change ... :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I called BlueDog first, but they weren’t being forthright about some things, and I saw all their bad reviews after I had already spoken to a rep.
This was over a year ago, so I don't remember the specifics. I'll never forget the company name though, because they called me once a week for the next six months or so, despite my requests that they stop.

I do remember this much: The sales rep told me one number for the monthly fees in the beginning of the conversation, confirmed it twice, and then changed that number once we got a little further along in discussion. I seem to remember him tacking things on as my questions got more specific. When I told him that I wasn't committed to any particular processing company and that I was still shopping around, he was insistent that no one else would serve me. "Blue Dog is the ONLY company that specifically serves the firearms community. No one else is on your side." The whole thing came across as slimy, so I worked my way out of the conversation and looked into some reviews. I remember them being bad at the time, but I'm looking at them again and they're more like lukewarm.

Maybe they've improved, or perhaps I just got one bad sales rep that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I do remember this much: The sales rep told me one number for the monthly fees in the beginning of the conversation, confirmed it twice, and then changed that number once we got a little further along in discussion. I seem to remember him tacking things on as my questions got more specific. When I told him that I wasn't committed to any particular processing company and that I was still shopping around, he was insistent that no one else would serve me. "Blue Dog is the ONLY company that specifically serves the firearms community. No one else is on your side."
View Quote

I've used PlusByEMS for years.  No monthly fees, just swipe fees.  I averaged them out over the last year and they came in just under 3%.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've used PlusByEMS for years.  No monthly fees, just swipe fees.  I averaged them out over the last year and they came in just under 3%.
View Quote
Me too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top