Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/14/2018 12:23:32 PM EDT
So I've been thinking about getting a 50 and the Bushmaster keeps catching my eye.

Bushmaster BA50 on sale.

Brownells is having a 10% off today (code M3Z) and after applying it to the rifle it gets it down to where I'm seeing them else where.

So my question is how well do these shoot and has anyone rebarreled one before?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I've been thinking about getting a 50 and the Bushmaster keeps catching my eye.

Bushmaster BA50 on sale.

Brownells is having a 10% off today (code M3Z) and after applying it to the rifle it gets it down to where I'm seeing them else where.

So my question is how well do these shoot and has anyone rebarreled one before?
View Quote

Junk!
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually haven't heard anything bad about the BA-50s.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a BA50 and it shoot great. It’s a very nice rifle. The only issue I had was one of the mags didn’t feed correctly; it was bowed out so I pinched it in a vise and it works fine now.  The rifle is very soft in recoil and fun to shoot.

I currently have the BA50 and a M82; previously had the Bohica upper and a LAR Grizzly.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone rebarreled one before?
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has anyone rebarreled one before?
View Quote
Yes, I helped a friend get a full 45" barrel on there. Probably shot worse than the factory L-W barrel, but he was more interested in velocity. Fairly straightforward process.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I only paid $3500 for mine new.  It was a pig.

Much happier with a single shot Serbu.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Re-barreled with a match barrel with a match chambering and incorporating a tension tube creates a very competitive target rifle.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Re-barreled with a match barrel with a match chambering and incorporating a tension tube creates a very competitive target rifle.
View Quote
Tension tube?
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top