Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2020 1:09:43 AM EDT
Are these magazines interchangeable between systems?
For example can the M82 mags be used in the BA50 and/or BA50 mags be used in the Barrett firearms?
If not directly interchangeable, how much modification would be needed?
Everything is possible, right?

I'm looking at getting a BA50 and have a couple old Barrett mags but nothing in front of me to compare the two types.

Thank you for your input!

Bushmaster/Cobb type with mag release cutout:
Attachment Attached File

Barrett type with lug on front side:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, they're steel, right?  Then you can cut and weld to your heart's content, but if you're buying an 8700 rifle, you can probably afford a few $87 magazines...
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be interested in your old m82 mags.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Seconds on your M82 mags
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would be interested in your old m82 mags.
View Quote

Quoted:
Seconds on your M82 mags
View Quote

Jackals

Third
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, they're steel, right?  Then you can cut and weld to your heart's content, but if you're buying an 8700 rifle, you can probably afford a few $87 magazines...
View Quote

Seriously though that's where I am at.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Sourcing additional BA50 mags is the issue.
They seem to be out-of-stock at most online retailers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Gotcha. I would just find retailers that will let you do notifications upon restock and go that way. Be ready to snatch them up as they become available.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gotcha. I would just find retailers that will let you do notifications upon restock and go that way. Be ready to snatch them up as they become available.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I got lucky on a couple Barrett mags from a guy that had a couple after he sold his gun. Got a case of ammo and a couple mags for a little bit under retail.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top