Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2023 8:28:03 PM EDT
I ordered one back end of 2020, not one issue in thousands upon thousands of rounds. Cleaned after a range run about 2 months ago, and decided to load it up and use it as a truck gun. The charging handle keeps getting...stuck. Something appears to be wrong with the nipple that is typically in the down position.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
From the picture everything appears to be in the right place.

Can you tell if the binding feels like it’s from the forward CH Actuator area or more towards the back?

Just to be sure, check the front spring assembly & the detent that’s pictured. When I re-assembled mine in a new receiver, those gave me some problems.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Howdy_15:
From the picture everything appears to be in the right place.

Can you tell if the binding feels like it's from the forward CH Actuator area or more towards the back?

Just to be sure, check the front spring assembly & the detent that's pictured. When I re-assembled mine in a new receiver, those gave me some problems.
View Quote

Pulled it apart last night. Figured it out. A tiny piece of brass had somehow worked its way UNDER the front end of that nipple section where the spring sits in it. HOW a piece of brass got in there is a 200-dollar question, but at least in the future, I'll know what to look for, back to working like a champ. I dreaded having to use a punch to pull the pin out of one of the charging handles and drop the little round peg into its slot after clearing the obstruction. It took about 5 minutes, and I got back up and running again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top