Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2018 11:31:28 AM EDT
Does anyone even make a bump helmet with a non-integrated shroud anymore?

My #1 choice right now is the Ops Core FAST bump-but I really can't stand the integrated shroud.

Seems like only airsoft helmets have a 3 hole mount.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#1]
It seems only the carbon bumps have 3 hole. Or at least what I can see. The mtek, team Wendy, and ops core are are intergrated unless going carbon.

With the prices on carbon I’d look for one of those. I paid $350 for my new ops core carbon on eBay. That’s barely a $100 more over ops core bump.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It seems only the carbon bumps have 3 hole. Or at least what I can see. The mtek, team Wendy, and ops core are are intergrated unless going carbon.

With the prices on carbon I’d look for one of those. I paid $350 for my new ops core carbon on eBay. That’s barely a $100 more over ops core bump.
View Quote
Haven't looked into those too much due to price/benefit ratio. Interesting option I will have to pursue that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Dremel/sand down the molded in shroud then drill the 3 holes and attach the shroud.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I think tacprogear helmets have the 3 holes drilled in them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The PT bravo helmet can come drilled for one hole, three hole, or both.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:10:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The PT bravo helmet can come drilled for one hole, three hole, or both.
View Quote
+1
The PT Bravo makes a 3 hole helmet if you want or you can pic no holes drilled. Also the price is fairly low. Your looking around $60-$80 depending on which options you get. I had one and it's a great helmet and works very well with night vision
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+1
The PT Bravo makes a 3 hole helmet if you want or you can pic no holes drilled. Also the price is fairly low. Your looking around $60-$80 depending on which options you get. I had one and it's a great helmet and works very well with night vision
View Quote
The problem I have is the PT Bravo won't fit my ear pro as well as I would like. This is my opinion on the option, but I see why it is so recommended.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#8]
PROTEC does make a PT helmet that has a higher cut around the ears. I dont know what model it is but I know for a fact they make one. I'll look for a link of it and I'll post it here

Heres the link to the PT helmet that has a higher cut around the ears then the other PT helmets
It's the 2nd helmet from the top of the page and its tan in color but I'm sure you can get any color you want.
https://www.pthelmets.com/products.asp?cat=14

I just noticed that this website is only selling to military and LE right now. Not sure why as they have always sold to civilians in the past but you can find the same helmet at another website. BOTACH Tactical usually has a bunch of PT helmets

Quoted:

The problem I have is the PT Bravo won't fit my ear pro as well as I would like. This is my opinion on the option, but I see why it is so recommended.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Ops Core does make a Carbon bump helmet that uses a 3 hole shroud but it's in the 5-$600 range

If your interested I have a brand new Ops Core Fast bump helmet shell only
It's the new upgraded version that has better bump protection.  It's only the shell but you can buy quality OCC dial liner, rails and liner pads all from a very good ballistic helmet company called Phalnax. On their website their prices are a little high but they sell their rails and the occ dial liner on Amazom for about $40 for both and I promise ya they make very high quality parts that are the same as what ops core puts on their helmets. The shell I have is 2 weeks old direct from Ops Core. Its Tan and size M/L. IM me if your interested and I'll send ya links to the parts you need to finish the helmet

Quoted:
Does anyone even make a bump helmet with a non-integrated shroud anymore?

My #1 choice right now is the Ops Core FAST bump-but I really can't stand the integrated shroud.

Seems like only airsoft helmets have a 3 hole mount.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
PROTEC does make a PT helmet that has a higher cut around the ears. I dont know what model it is but I know for a fact they make one. I'll look for a link of it and I'll post it here

Heres the link to the PT helmet that has a higher cut around the ears then the other PT helmets
It's the 2nd helmet from the top of the page and its tan in color but I'm sure you can get any color you want.

I just noticed that this website is only selling to military and LE right now. Not sure why as they have always sold to civilians in the past but you can find the same helmet at another website. BOTACH Tactical usually has a bunch of PT helmets

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Protec sent out an email saying all PT A Bravos were reserved for MIL/LE until further notice. I got the email July 27, I had tried to order one 4 weeks prior to that.
Botach told me it was a 6-8 week lead on ProTec helmets, that they had none in inventory. Also in July.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been running the Emerson brand ops core knock off with success.  I wanted the metal shroud as well, and while the knock off needed a little sanding to fit my mounts, its worked well.  I'll be upgrading to a Wilcox shroud for Christmas.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been running the Emerson brand ops core knock off with success.  I wanted the metal shroud as well, and while the knock off needed a little sanding to fit my mounts, its worked well.  I'll be upgrading to a Wilcox shroud for Christmas.
View Quote
My original idea was to go with an airsoft helmet shell and replace the pads with 4D ones, then replace the shroud with a wilcox.

At that point I was kind of concerned about the rigidity of the shell and might as well just get an Ops Core bump, even if the shroud isn't to my liking.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
...just get an Ops Core bump, even if the shroud isn't to my liking.
View Quote
Good luck finding one right now, unless you're OK with getting butt-raped by a train of superfluous Benjamin Franklins, need a size small, or want a ballistic helmet.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Good luck finding one right now, unless you're OK with getting butt-raped by a train of superfluous Benjamin Franklins, need a size small, or want a ballistic helmet.
View Quote
That's kind of my thought. Shipping from some certain websites is insane as well.

I have an average head (size medium hockey helmet) so it's pretty standard sizes for me.

I can't make a decision. Literally own every single part but the helmet at this point, lol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#15]
TNVC_augee modded a bump helmet to accept a 3 hole mount.

Augees bump helmet mod.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
... I can't make a decision. Literally own every single part but the helmet at this point, lol.
View Quote
I email'd you about my find just now. I found an online store with multiple options in M/L helmets, in stock.  Already have a tracking number!  Check you email.  fyi your pm inbox is full.

They have Ops Core bumps with the molded mount, Team Hillary with 3 hole mount, and a single $Revision-Caiman$ in CF with 3 hole mount.   All in your size and in stock NOW!
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My original idea was to go with an airsoft helmet shell and replace the pads with 4D ones, then replace the shroud with a wilcox.

At that point I was kind of concerned about the rigidity of the shell and might as well just get an Ops Core bump, even if the shroud isn't to my liking.
View Quote
I bought one of the pricier airsoft bump helmets to start off with. It was actually pretty rigid, I did the maritime cuts on it and put some maritime rails on it. The only thing that bothered me was the little outline of the shroud mold until I got an Ops Core shell from someone who had sent their original bump back to get the upgraded version. The little line was still around the shroud mold of the real ops core, lol. I used the airsoft one for years and even took it out shooting rabbits while riding in a jeep through some rough terrain.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I email'd you about my find just now. I found an online store with multiple options in M/L helmets, in stock.  Already have a tracking number!  Check you email.  fyi your pm inbox is full.
View Quote
Appreciate it!

Crazy how a lot of places don't have physical inventory, even for US made parts.

Even then not sure what I'm going with but thanks to all who have thrown input in.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Offer $340 for an Ops Core Carbon like I did.
ebay link
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Offer $340 for an Ops Core Carbon like I did.
ebay link
View Quote
Been in touch with that seller for a bit, but no M/L atm.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#21]
@mzincamo
If a L/XL multicam with shroud interests you, someone has one for sale in the EE.
EE listing
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Ended up going a different route. Went with a good airsoft shell and used an Ops Core skeleton shroud.

It locks up great, the shell doesn't flex at all, and it's a great set up for my uses. I don't feel the need to change it unless I was going to get ballistic.

Walking around the neighborhood is awesome! lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
TNVC_augee modded a bump helmet to accept a 3 hole mount.

Augees bump helmet mod.
View Quote
This is the answer
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 1:55:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ended up going a different route. Went with a good airsoft shell and used an Ops Core skeleton shroud.

It locks up great, the shell doesn't flex at all, and it's a great set up for my uses. I don't feel the need to change it unless I was going to get ballistic.

Walking around the neighborhood is awesome! lol
View Quote
Did this with 4D pads. Works great. I always catch myself looking at ballistic offerings but then logic kicks in and I ask myself, “why?” And then I have lots of money in my pocket.

*as usual this is MY situation.  If I found myself in more precarious situations I’d get a better offering.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#25]
As someone who is just now getting into nv, I’ve been looking at the opscore bump helmets. I was hoping someone could tell me why the molded shroud needs upgraded or isn’t sufficent. Thx
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Thank you for clearing that up. I’m still putting piece together for my shopping cart. I’ll consider that on this helmet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Since it was brought up, how is the quality of the Emerson bump helmets?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Since it was brought up, how is the quality of the Emerson bump helmets?
View Quote
Mine was from FMA. It's fairly hefty which I guess it's trying to imitate a real weight or something.

The pads are pretty hard but the rest of the stuff is just fine. The tolerances on the plastics rails and shroud are not very good for hanging real accessories. The shell does not twist or torque-I think it's pretty solid.

That being said for like $50 plus whatever it costs for the Ops Core Skeleton-it's not a bad deal DEPENDING ON USE. I would not recommend for situations where you are doing super heavy work or are worried about damaging your noggin. While I'm positive that it could stand up to some serious impacts, I feel that there are parts on it (like the knock off Arc rails) that can't handle impact or extreme stress.

I think it's great for what a lot of people use night vision for which is walking around, stargazing, or hunting on foot. I think it's fairly ridiculous that the baseline for a "good" night vision helmet is $270. It's a plastic shell with pads-but it's better if you are gonna hit your head on stuff.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I wasn't crazy about the molded Ops-Core shroud either. I saw Revision announced a Caiman Bump at shot and ordered as soon as they were taking orders online. I am really glad I waited. The helmet is feather light compared to others I've tried and the most comfortable stock helmet I've worn as well. The lockup on the Wilcox shroud is solid as would be expected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top