Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/15/2020 4:48:40 PM EDT
Been wanting a semi auto shotgun. The bullpup shotguns look interesting. Slim pickings for the real good ones. Came across a charles daly bullpup semi auto shot gun. Reasonable price. Any reason not to go with this one? Think Panzer was another I came across. Never heard of them before.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Mossberg had a bullpup pump in 12 gauge, 20" and 18" barrel.  It was seen in lots of B movies in the 90's.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Black Aces has a newer semi with their name on it, heard good things
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Did consider a charles daly 410 upper but heck, almost the same price as the bullpup. If I hee haw around, dam thing will be gone as usual. This one has my eye.
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/257299
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Go for a Tavor TS12B.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Way out of my price range. Looks friggin awesome though. Whatever I get, will be a safe queen until needed. Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Weak

DP-12 Double Barreled Pump Shotgun
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats bad ass. WHO sells this monster?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#8]
DP12 would be fun.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thats bad ass. WHO sells this monster?
View Quote

Killemall
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Got one I'll pick up next week. Birthday present to myself.

@jaqufrost any tips?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't use your fingertip to depress the tube rotation lock. Just slide your hand forward slightly and use the back of your finger. It will unlock faster that way.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I jumped before it was gone. Those other ones are sweet but way out of my budget. That russian guy is always cool to watch him fuck stuff up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#13]

How many rounds does this hold?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

15.  3x5.

I have not shot mine yet.

You might want to look for an RIA VRBP 100.  Mine works very well.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
15 3" shells.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Sweet. I ordered so am committed with the Charles Daly.  Thanks folks for the replies. But if you have more bad ass vids of shotguns blowing shit up, feel free to post em.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I just bought the Charles Daly N4S a couple weeks ago, very well made, need the tall riser for the red dot, takes Panzer mags too
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just bought the Charles Daly N4S a couple weeks ago, very well made, need the tall riser for the red dot, takes Panzer mags too
View Quote

Thanks for posting.  Been searching online for magazines and came across that can use panzer mags. Want to get a few 10 round mags. Thinking a red laser for 25 yards and probably keep the original sites for now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 3:45:25 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think it would be difficult to overcome muscle memory of 1-shot, 1-pump. Not an issue playing at the range but high stress situation I see great potential for operator error on the DP12. That being said, I'm not familiar with it. If only 1 barrel is fired can it be cycled so the unfired round isn't discarded? That functionality could somewhat justify the different MO.

Quoted:
15 3" shells.

15+1 2-3/4" isn't it? 12+1 3". But on that note I don't understand the decision to make it that way. It looks like they had the room to extend the mag tube the extra 1.25" to get five 3" shells in each tube. Seems silly to have not done that.

I'm excited to get mine, should be here later this week.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Looking online at shotgun ammo just to see if any is out there. I have a good supply but as you know, more is better. HOLY SHIT, over 3 bucks a round on most. They should sell lube with the ammo so when they fuck you buying it, it doesn't hurt so bad!
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:Looking online at shotgun ammo just to see if any is out there. I have a good supply but as you know, more is better. HOLY SHIT, over 3 bucks a round on most. They should sell lube with the ammo so when they fuck you buying it, it doesn't hurt so bad!
View Quote

You can do better than that on gunbroker.  It isn't cheap but it's not $3/rd.  I posted 100rds of 12ga slugs for $200 the other day and it sold the same day.  My second auction has been up two days, but it will probably sell within the next few days.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Just looked at gunbroker. Over 2 bucks a round. Have to find some cheap crap to break in my shotgun when it comes in. Don't want to waste any of my good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just looked at gunbroker. Over 2 bucks a round. Have to find some cheap crap to break in my shotgun when it comes in. Don't want to waste any of my good stuff.
View Quote
I would look for some heavy bird loads for breakin. I know I bought some at walmart for .40/rd recently.  Much cheaper than buck and slug are going for.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Glad I bought that Estate buckshot from Midway at $79/250 when they had it a few years ago.  Never shoot all of it but it's nice to have put away.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Glad I bought that Estate buckshot from Midway at $79/250 when they had it a few years ago.  Never shoot all of it but it's nice to have put away.
View Quote

I stocked up on 00 and 000 and slugs back when Obamanation ran for his 1st term. Can't find it now unless you want to pay the RAPE fee! Did see some cheap bird shot available. Once I get a shipping confirmation, will order a bunch to break it in. Anyone know of a red laser that can handle the recoil of a 12 gauge? Have always been Leary of the breach that close to my face while shooting. But will have to sight it in that way. Then use just the laser for POI.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Aimsurplus has 00 for .90 a round
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Aimsurplus has 00 for .90 a round
View Quote
Won't last long.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Never heard of that brand. Any good?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#30]
FYI, Charles Daly website now has N4S 10 round mags available if you feel uncomfortable ordering Panzer mags.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the heads up. Just bought a few.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought a bunch of this Sterling 00 Buck a couple months ago at about the same price and I just bought some more of it.
It is apparent that many other manufacturers are no longer available and the imported brands and labels are some of the only options for many people to buy right now (Russian, Italian and Turkish to name a few)
The first batch I got ,arrived and looked very good is well packaged . I like the clear polymer hulls and the shiny pellets with the high bases.
Looking forward to eventually "break in" My VR-80 and My Mossberg 930 and this stuff will be just fine I'm sure.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:45:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like a few of you are running AR style or Magazine fed shotguns. I was thinking of getting one, but I have heard a lot of people complaining about them not feeding reliably and so got turned off on them.  Do any of you guys have issues?  I really do like the look of that Charles Daily Bullpup. Is that a good brand?  

I  have been looking to get a Stoeger M3000 18.5 inch, but if I knew something like these were GTG i might change.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sounds like a few of you are running AR style or Magazine fed shotguns. I was thinking of getting one, but I have heard a lot of people complaining about them not feeding reliably and so got turned off on them.  Do any of you guys have issues?  I really do like the look of that Charles Daily Bullpup. Is that a good brand?  

I  have been looking to get a Stoeger M3000 18.5 inch, but if I knew something like these were GTG i might change.
View Quote

Charles Daly ,IMHO, is low-end, just above garbage. It can be hard to find parts etc. I'm not saying they are garbage, but they are lower end.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Being a gen II, hopefully its better than their past shotguns.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Charles Daly ,IMHO, is low-end, just above garbage. It can be hard to find parts etc. I'm not saying they are garbage, but they are lower end.
View Quote

Technically they are the importer, all of these new shotguns coming out now are made in Turkey, I bought one for 2 reasons: 1 it looked really cool and 2 Biden and his whore
are going to ban imports of all of this stuff, ammo, shotguns, rifles and probably pistols.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Technically they are the importer, all of these new shotguns coming out now are made in Turkey, I bought one for 2 reasons: 1 it looked really cool and 2 Biden and his whore
are going to ban imports of all of this stuff, ammo, shotguns, rifles and probably pistols.
View Quote

I'm not sure that greatly changes the answer though... they are lower end. I'm not a snob, I have a Steven's 555 O/U that is made in Turkey. I like it. It's definitely no Beretta or Perazzi, but it fits the bill for a workhorse upland bird gun. I also don't have any delusions that it will last over 100k rounds like the aforementioned brands. And the fit and finish is tolerable.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mossberg had a bullpup pump in 12 gauge, 20" and 18" barrel.  It was seen in lots of B movies in the 90's.
View Quote

Just sold one due to people buying anything now

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not sure that greatly changes the answer though... they are lower end. I'm not a snob, I have a Steven's 555 O/U that is made in Turkey. I like it. It's definitely no Beretta or Perazzi, but it fits the bill for a workhorse upland bird gun. I also don't have any delusions that it will last over 100k rounds like the aforementioned brands. And the fit and finish is tolerable.
View Quote

Not sticking up for the brand, just clarifying it. There are shiploads of firearms coming in from Turkey and from what I've seen they are good quality. Also for what it's worth
Chiappa has their name on the shotgun as well, not exactly sure their involvement but I doubt they would have their name on a total POS.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much did it sell for?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I have been debating between the KS7(https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/shotguns/ks7/) or the  Pro Series Bullpup Pump (https://blackacestactical.com/product/pro-series-bullpup-pump/).

Has anyone had either than can lend an insight? I am slightly leaning toward the Black Aces in order to use mag reloads rather than a tube...
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The bullpup shotgun field of offerings is quite large at this time and there are several things to consider when choosing one . Out of all them the Black Aces Tactical Bullpup series offers the most compatibility with mags and drums . The BAT semi auto bullpup also performs with a wider variety of lower power shells once broken in . The also offer a pump action version for those that are looking for a Joe Biden friendly model or in a restricted state .

Black Aces Bullpup

Black Aces Bullpup Pump

https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/hosting/Bat%20Bullpup%20Drum%20mag%20%284%20of%204%29.jpg

https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/product/black-aces-bullpup-pump-shotgun-batbppblk-702706998048.jpg
https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/product/black-aces-tactical-bullpup-pump-shotgun-bronze-batbppbr-702706998277-18.jpg
View Quote
Those look pretty interesting. I may have to try a grey semi auto.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#44]

I am ordering one tomorrow. Been following this shotgun since it was announced. Can't wait to get one. I have a Tavor 5.56 and love it. IWI makes some fantastic quality stuff.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I am ordering one tomorrow. Been following this shotgun since it was announced. Can't wait to get one. I have a Tavor 5.56 and love it. IWI makes some fantastic quality stuff.
View Quote

They're getting harder and harder to find for a good price...

I bought one from gunbuyer.com a few weeks ago. All gone now. My dad fell in love with it and I had trouble finding him one for a decent price...
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The bullpup shotgun field of offerings is quite large at this time and there are several things to consider when choosing one . Out of all them the Black Aces Tactical Bullpup series offers the most compatibility with mags and drums . The BAT semi auto bullpup also performs with a wider variety of lower power shells once broken in . The also offer a pump action version for those that are looking for a Joe Biden friendly model or in a restricted state .

Black Aces Bullpup

Black Aces Bullpup Pump

https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/hosting/Bat%20Bullpup%20Drum%20mag%20%284%20of%204%29.jpg

https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/product/black-aces-bullpup-pump-shotgun-batbppblk-702706998048.jpg
https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/product/black-aces-tactical-bullpup-pump-shotgun-bronze-batbppbr-702706998277-18.jpg
View Quote

Is it possible to mount side rails on the BAT pump?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:50:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They're getting harder and harder to find for a good price...

I bought one from gunbuyer.com a few weeks ago. All gone now. My dad fell in love with it and I had trouble finding him one for a decent price...
View Quote

Have him check Palmetto State Armory. I just bought one from them today and it was still in stock as of 11pm East coast time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:44:51 AM EDT
[#48]
I picked up a TS12 as well. Still haven't shot it yet, waiting to find another Holosun 510 in stock at a decent price. I did pick up a VR80 last spring. I bought a bunch of the 19 round mags and use it as a cheap open shotgun for 3-gun.

My main concern with the flood of Turkish imports is long term support and parts availability from the importer.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I picked up a TS12 as well. Still haven't shot it yet, waiting to find another Holosun 510 in stock at a decent price. I did pick up a VR80 last spring. I bought a bunch of the 19 round mags and use it as a cheap open shotgun for 3-gun.

My main concern with the flood of Turkish imports is long term support and parts availability from the importer.

View Quote

That is what is keeping me from getting one of those. IWI is established here in the states and has a good support record (at least by my few accounts when I needed help in getting parts for my Tavor 5.56).
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Have him check Palmetto State Armory. I just bought one from them today and it was still in stock as of 11pm East coast time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

PSA is over $100 more than other places with shipping and tax figured.

I found him one that was $1420 OTD (including transfer fee).

Quoted:

There's a guy in the EE selling some NIB 510s for $288. He gets them in periodically. I was going to buy one then they were all sold before I could work out the details so I bought elsewhere and he PMed asking if I was still buying, said he has more and they come in regularly.

I wanted a 512 for my TS12, that was fun to find in stock!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top