Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2021 5:21:57 PM EDT
Cross posting from the “Bulgarian” sub because nobody knows it seems

Found an in-stock us made M24 thread 4pc Bulgarian type booster from AK-Builder.

Looks awesome on the SLR107UR SBR

My question is about the gap between the end of the barrel and the cone.

Mine is VERY close but not touching.

Is there an optimal gap?  

I can put the cone on my lathe and make the gap whatever I want.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Follow up post

Quoted:
Nope, should be fine.  You turn the brake as far as you can until it stops then turn it back from the point it stops to where the FSBM pin goes in and you're set.

It 100% fits but there is no way that the gap is not important for the effectiveness of the device as a booster and/or flash hider.

I’ve contacted Arsenal as well as AK-Builder where the device came from and nobody knows the “spec” for this.  I was expecting about .125” gap.

I believe the geometry of the cone may be such that the booster effect will work with little or no gap. I think to also achieve flash suppression the cone needs to ack like the 1st baffle in a suppressor and trap some gas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top