Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2019 11:09:59 AM EDT
I tried to assemble a stripped Bula bolt last weekend.  The firing pin tail kept sticking in the end of the bolt body.  I did not have another firing pin to test it with.  I would guess the danger of slam fires would be very real had I used that one.  Have any of you experienced something similar, especially with a Bula bolt?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Common with Bula Bolt and Bula firing pin. Been there done that.

The problem is the firing pin not the bolt. Try a new production firing pin not made by whoever makes them for Bula or find a USGI firing pin.

You can also try some minor grinding and emery paper to clear some of the high spots ( on firing pin ) in chrome causing the interference.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I read up on Bula before I bought the bolt.  They are supposed to be very good.  I ordered a new firing pin.  Fingers crossed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top