Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2022 9:31:25 PM EDT
Trying to get my FFL. My only purpose would be to buy parts for AR15s, assemble into super de duper cool AR15s and sell via gunbroker. Nobody coming to my house. No machines running, no gunsmithing just simple assembly.

Is there anything about this that the ATF could use to prevent my FFL from being approved?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It's manufacturing. Be zoned for it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as you can legally operate your business under all federal/state/local laws and ordinances, including zoning and HOA covenants you'll get your FFL.
That means getting any required business permits and sales tax permits.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Trying to get my FFL. My only purpose would be to buy parts for AR15s, assemble into super de duper cool AR15s and sell via gunbroker. Nobody coming to my house. No machines running, no gunsmithing just simple assembly.

Is there anything about this that the ATF could use to prevent my FFL from being approved?
View Quote

You will need a machine to engrave your lowers or a way to outsource it.

As stated, it is an 07 license so you need to meet zoning.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As stated, it is an 07 license ....
View Quote

So you'll be paying the Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax (FAET) on each one.
As an 07 FFL you need to register with the ITAR office at USDOS and pay the minimum annual fee of $2500.
If you are going to be an 07, you  might was well pony up the $500 for a SOT.

Frankly, if it was easy to do, don't you think the market would be crowded beyond belief with vendors doing the same thing? What you are looking to do is far more complex than slapping AR-15s together.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So you'll be paying the Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax (FAET) on each one. There is a 50 gun exemption.

As an 07 FFL you need to register with the ITAR office at USDOS and pay the minimum annual fee of $2500. Not needed for Title 1 AR-15.

If you are going to be an 07, you  might was well pony up the $500 for a SOT. Agreed.

What you are looking to do is far more complex than slapping AR-15s together.  IMO it is only profitable if you are making uber custom high dollar guns with demand.

View Quote

BLUE
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
.....My only purpose would be to buy parts for AR15s, assemble into super de duper cool AR15s and sell via gunbroker....
View Quote

Do you have a business plan?
Because no one else has ever thought of doing this very thing.

Not to dissuade you, but if you think you are going to sell super dooper cool AR15's cheaper than PSA you've already lost your shirt.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you have a business plan?
Because no one else has ever thought of doing this very thing.
View Quote

You mean like a certain FFL whose business model mirrors the OP's, and who is no longer a registered GB user as of this week?

Oopsie!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You mean like a certain FFL whose business model mirrors the OP's, and who is no longer a registered GB user as of this week?

Oopsie!
View Quote

I just saw that!
41 negatives out of 120 feedbacks in the last month. GunBroker still gives him an "A" rating.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I just saw that!
41 negatives out of 120 feedbacks in the last month. GunBroker still gives him an "A" rating.
View Quote

What happened?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What happened?
View Quote

I think it is called Breaking Bad.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What happened?
View Quote

Apparently reinstated: super dooper cool AR's and the occasional SBR without a Form 3

Edited to add:
No shit.........I just received a phone call from this dealerless than five minutes after posting the above! Seems they shipped a gun to me, but to the wrong address.
From their feedbacks they have some real problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top