Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2020 7:50:34 PM EDT
I just received 2 Brownell's BRN-22T 10/22 Takedown clone receivers.  I already have a Kidd 16.5" build in the works.  Plan for the kiddos to get started shooting on the Kidd rig first.

I want to build up both BRN-22T receivers the same and ideally will be for the kids to use.  Do I build a Takedown carbine or Takedown charger?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a factory take down Charger in a PMACA chassis (the laminated stock was not easily converted for use with an AR style butt stock)  as well as a BRN22 integral rail receiver and 16" barrel also in a PMACA chassis (lightweight)... in addition to the factory 10" Charger take down barrel, I have a 16" Ruger take down barrel with a PMACA fore end to be used as a back up to the BRN carbine...the Charger has a folding hinge with a 8.5" KAK buffer tube when the 10" is on the receiver... an AR buffer tube and adjustable stock are held in reserve as a back up for the BRN22 used for Steel Challenge with the 16" barrel

point of comments.. the added weight of the take down mechanism to the barrel as well as using an after market solid aluminum fore end makes the 16" take down combination pretty nose heavy...I would suggest you take the weigh into consideration if you plan on using a chassis for your build... I don't think it would be that much of a problem in a  traditional polymer stock.... I shoot AR based firearms for competition and wanted the same stock and grip for my SC platform.... YMMV  regards
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Weight is a factor.  Which is why if I do a charger build, it would be with the factory stock/chassis with an adapter.  If I was building a carbine, it will be using a Lightweight barrel either from Kidd, TacSol etc.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a good deal on the laminated stock Charger, but the inexpensive stock adapters did not fit...so went with the PMACA

I got my folding hinge from this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SqWSwAOtjA
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be looking for the synthetic charger stocks. But Ebay prices are kind of stupid right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top