Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2018 7:49:11 PM EDT
Not looking for Airsoft, but don't need top of the line either as it will be used in conjunction with an Armasight Spark Core.

There are some Steiner offerings out there for $360-$400 (probably the high end of my budget), and Holosun around $250-$275.

Any other options I should be researching.

Save up for something better is the plan long-term, but I would like some interim options. I plan to save for a PVS-14 over the next year or so, so I'd like the laser to be good enough to work with a PVS-14 when I purchase it, and than a civilian PEQ. It's a two year plan brought about by my cancer treatment. Better at this moment is not an option, so respectfully, please don't suggest it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Consider buying used. Check the EE here. There's a guy selling a holosun on the EE of TOS (The Other Site).

Shit, I think every night vision thing I currently own was bought used. Except my vampire light and helmet I guess. But I got those with a coupon code. I'm a cheap bastard.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no idea what the other site is. I'm certainly open to used.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Try and find a used otal for $300
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no idea what the other site is. I'm certainly open to used.
View Quote
EmFourCarbine
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a LaserMax UNI-MAX IR laser that works well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]
OTAL from TNVC is at $400 and a good choice.

Cheapest I would go, and I have tried several cheaper things.

Lasermax and Crimson trace pistol lasers are about $100 less but a PITA to zero, same with the Cherokee.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OTAL from TNVC is at $400 and a good choice.

Cheapest I would go, and I have tried several cheaper things.

Lasermax and Crimson trace pistol lasers are about $100 less but a PITA to zero, same with the Cherokee.
View Quote
My choices are pretty much narrowed down to the OTAL and the Holosun LS117 IR.

Wish they had a visible laser slaved with the IR to make sighting it in easier. Zeroing an IR at night will be a pain since none of the ranges allow shooting after dark.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I have not seen the holosun, but it looks decent.

I would suggest a cowitness zero at 50 yards. Poke a small hole it the target so you can see a light through it, put your gun in a vise and adjust your laser to it. That has worked to get me close without a cowitnessed visible.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have not seen the holosun, but it looks decent.

I would suggest a cowitness zero at 50 yards. Poke a small hole it the target so you can see a light through it, put your gun in a vise and adjust your laser to it. That has worked to get me close without a cowitnessed visible.
View Quote
I can give that a try. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I've settled on the Holosun LS221G. One of the companies I deal with has them significantly discounted. It has both a green and IR laser that adjust together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top