Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What exactly is Team Buds, just rifles bought from Buds or a special membership thing like ARFCOM team members?
View Quote
It's like Prime for Buds Gun shop. You pay 30.00 and get first dibs on all used guns, all items ship in 1 day, they notify you first about specials, restocks etc. If something is limited edition or they have a limited sometimes they make it Team Buds only so the plebs can't buy it. A couple of years ago They had some sweet Colt 6920s with restricted markings for $699.00 shipped. Someone posted the link on GD and there was a feeding frenzy and after a day or so they made it a Team Buds only item.

Honestly I was surprised this PTR-C93 didn't go Team Buds only with the amount of hype it received all over the net.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I got on the waiting list... I heard (don't remember where) that PTR was thinking late August ship.

Mags are expensive, if you don't want to mess with Pro Mags...
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I got on the waiting list... I heard (don't remember where) that PTR was thinking late August ship.

Mags are expensive, if you don't want to mess with Pro Mags...
View Quote
OP posted the ad from Buds which said delivery was late August/early September. On page 4 LIONHART mentioned that PTR said first week of September now.

HK mags are expensive but how many do you really need for a budget priced clone? ¯\__/¯
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's like Prime for Buds Gun shop. You pay 30.00 and get first dibs on all used guns, all items ship in 1 day, they notify you first about specials, restocks etc. If something is limited edition or they have a limited sometimes they make it Team Buds only so the plebs can't buy it. A couple of years ago They had some sweet Colt 6920s with restricted markings for $699.00 shipped. Someone posted the link on GD and there was a feeding frenzy and after a day or so they made it a Team Buds only item.

Honestly I was surprised this PTR-C93 didn't go Team Buds only with the amount of hype it received all over the net.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What exactly is Team Buds, just rifles bought from Buds or a special membership thing like ARFCOM team members?

Thanks for the explanation.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Got a email saying the order is now in the shipping department...
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got a email saying the order is now in the shipping department...
View Quote
NOICE!

Are you a Team Buds member?

You are now obligated to post a ton of pics when you receive it!
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]

"Your order has moved into our shipping department. For your FFLs convenience, we include a packing slip with your name and contact information in every firearm order. Orders with multiple items may have multiple tracking numbers. Please allow some time to receive all tracking information. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service department."

Not Team Bud's. ordered the day after it was first posted here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

NOICE!

Are you a Team Buds member?

You are now obligated to post a ton of pics when you receive it!
View Quote
I’m not
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still waiting...
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I received a notification on my phone, glanced down and saw it was from Buds.. YES I quickly unlock the phone.... aaand it's an ad. lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered on the 27th and no change since the reserve.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered one on the 28th.  I ordered a second one on the 29th.  My second order from the 29th notified me that it went to shipping department.   My first order from the 28th is unchanged and showing reserved. Who knows? Just have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ordered on the 27th and no change since the reserve.
View Quote
As did I. Nothing yet. Got 13 new steels waiting here, and a bunch of other stuff for it. In the meantime, I have my new PTR-9C to occupy my time before the 93 shows up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As did I. Nothing yet. Got 13 new steels waiting here, and a bunch of other stuff for it. In the meantime, I have my new PTR-9C to occupy my time before the 93 shows up.
View Quote
I have two new HK mags and a 20rd Promag waiting plus the stuff needed to install a paddle magazine release. I just hope my order doesn't get canceled due to shortages or something stupid.

A guy on the HKPro forum said his order was placed on 7/29 but Buds canceled it on 8/9. He hasn't provided any other info into why that might have happened so it could have just been an issue on his end and not Buds too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have two new HK mags and a 20rd Promag waiting plus the stuff needed to install a paddle magazine release. I just hope my order doesn't get canceled due to shortages or something stupid.

A guy on the HKPro forum said his order was placed on 7/29 but Buds canceled it on 8/9. He hasn't provided any other info into why that might have happened so it could have just been an issue on his end and not Buds too.
View Quote
I got the paddle parts too. Snagged a new wide handguard, bipod, and a few other parts. I placed my order as soon as I saw this thread on the 27th, so fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't buy anything, I wanted to make sure the gun didn't suck first.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting...
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I didn't buy anything, I wanted to make sure the gun didn't suck first.
View Quote
Fair enough. I wanted a couple mags handy so when I got the rifle and had a malfunction I could eliminate the included magazine being at fault. The paddle mag release stuff was just over $50 so not a big wallet burner compared to HK mags, heh.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered on day one and no email yet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#20]
They took my money, now that we're getting close, I'm itching to see what PTR is going to turn out!

PTR, please give us some teaser pics!
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Tracking number received today.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I ordered one on the 28th.  I ordered a second one on the 29th.  My second order from the 29th notified me that it went to shipping department.   My first order from the 28th is unchanged and showing reserved. Who knows? Just have to wait and see.
View Quote
I just got my tracking# from BUDS for the second order on the 29th.  My first order from the 28th is still showing reserved.  The emails shows 1 item shipped with expected delivery date of Friday 24th.  I will update when I receive the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Free for all shipping it is then. Quite different than what the reserve status seems to imply.

Par for the course ordering from Buds I guess.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn, y'all better post pics right after you receive yours
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tracking number received today.
View Quote
Same!

I wasn't expecting it for another week or two, so I gotta order a scope mount today.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I got a shipping notification today also, should be at my dealer on Friday. I’m a team Buds member for whatever that is worth.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Free for all shipping it is then. Quite different than what the reserve status seems to imply.

Par for the course ordering from Buds I guess.
View Quote
I don't mind being down the line a little. Maybe ours will be better from more practice

Let's all just hope they counted right and no one is left out
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#28]
No word on my order from 7-27.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone got a link to the paddle magazine kit? Is it an easy install?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No word on my order from 7-27.
View Quote
same here. :(
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fair enough. I wanted a couple mags handy so when I got the rifle and had a malfunction I could eliminate the included magazine being at fault. The paddle mag release stuff was just over $50 so not a big wallet burner compared to HK mags, heh.
View Quote
To clarify I didn't buy anything besides the HK magazine I bought way back in this thread, exactlly for the same reason as you. I wanted to make sure it ran before doing anything else. Saw another guy that bought 13 HK 30rd magazine for this... That's damn near double the cost of the gun.

Back on subject for shipping, I'm wagering PTR is still building these and we just saw the first shipment make it to Buds. I don't mind waiting but it's be nice if they were filling orders in some sort of logical order.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone got a link to the paddle magazine kit? Is it an easy install?
View Quote
Check out RTG for the parts.

Nobody knows how easy this will be, it will be predicated on the semi auto shelf that PTR uses, if it's the Century shelf it's a PITA. There's links in this thread about it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Got tracking number and shows in transit should be here Friday. Too bad I'm out of town until Wednesday. Haven't ordered any mags yet because I figure it might not even ship and even if it does (which I guess it did) it still might suck.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 2:18:22 AM EDT
[#34]
The mag hoarders are ridiculous. Not every gun has fragile mags like AR mags that are designed to be trashed eventually. The HK steel mags are much more robust than an original USGI mag.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The mag hoarders are ridiculous. Not every gun has fragile mags like AR mags that are designed to be trashed eventually. The HK steel mags are much more robust than an original USGI mag.
View Quote
I want enough mags for mine that, assuming it doesn’t suck, I can do something with it like shoot a two gun match. I figure that means I need five or six just to be safe. I’m not going to spend $1000 on magazines for a gun that will never get used outside the range.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I shoot ProMags in my C93 and have had 100% reliability. Love that gun.
View Quote
B-b-but Tim from Military Arms Channel says they are garbage!

Elitist attitudes aside; almost everything I've read about HK 93 magazines from Promag is positive. The only downside is the possibility of having to fit the mags to your gun with a Dremel. I haven't seen any abusive testing but I'm sure they won't shatter like glass if you knocked it off your bench.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

B-b-but Tim from Military Arms Channel says they are garbage!

Elitist attitudes aside; almost everything I've read about HK 93 magazines from Promag is positive. The only downside is the possibility of having to fit the mags to your gun with a Dremel. I haven't seen any abusive testing but I'm sure they won't shatter like glass if you knocked it off your bench.
View Quote
I thought it was pretty funny about how one section of the video he talks about how polymer 93 magazines are garbage and then he proceeds to rave about how awesome and high-quality the Zenith is that it uses polymer magazines.

I wonder how much truth there is that these Malaysian kits come with an old style magazine catch and all magazine woes are easily solved by replacing that part.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I looked today and my order was also from the 27th... no tracking yet
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I looked today and my order was also from the 27th... no tracking yet
View Quote
So far it sounds like no one who ordered on the 27th has received a shipping confirmation yet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So far it sounds like no one who ordered on the 27th has received a shipping confirmation yet.
View Quote
Last in First out
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm with the other guy that said its fine if we're later, as they would have worked out the "kinks" in assembly lol.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Meme Contest?

Link Posted: 8/23/2018 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I ordered on the 27th and mine shipped yesterday. I am a team Buds member for what that is worth.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Picked it up about a half hour ago.  It looks nice overall.  I'm not a fan of the lower they used and it does look like the shelf is the style that is harder to do a paddle mag on(it looks a lot like the one on my old CETME).  Bolt gap is .016.

It came with one H&K made 40 round aluminum magazine.

We're going out to eat in a few minutes but I will try and get pics posted up later tonight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Picked it up about a half hour ago.  It looks nice overall.  I'm not a fan of the lower they used and it does look like the shelf is the style that is harder to do a paddle mag on(it looks a lot like the one on my old CETME).  Bolt gap is .016.

We're going out to eat in a few minutes but I will try and get pics posted up later tonight.
View Quote
They used the old crappy Century lower? The photo shows the PTR Navy style. No biggie, as I picked up a clipped & pinned housing. FWIW, I still haven't received any word about my order placed on the 27th, but hoping soon.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They used the old crappy Century lower? The photo shows the PTR Navy style. No biggie, as I picked up a clipped & pinned housing. FWIW, I still haven't received any word about my order placed on the 27th, but hoping soon.
View Quote
Maybe they will run out of the old lowers and those of us that have to wait will get the PTR one
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would love you forever if you posted pics!
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#50]
About every 15 min I keep checking this thread for pics
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top