Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2020 10:21:04 PM EDT
I recently bought a left handed T Bolt Varmiter .22mag .

I've shot it twice now , it has a preferance for the 30gr 2200 fps CCI ammo , there are at least 3 I've tried 2 .
But the trigger sucked for being a 700 dollar rifle .

A very good freind BOUGHT ME a Jard Trigger ! Hokie Mokie ! What a differance !

Today I shot two , only two groups one was 5/8 " and 3/4" at 50 yds
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent! I bought mine back after selling it years ago to a buddy and absolutely love it. I am looking to thread the barrel by the end of the year, put it in my favorites safe and shoot the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been thinking of picking one up and cutting and threading the barrel. Those seem to be about the only rifle I’m interested that I can find in stock. Lol.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats what I have in mind too .
I've  got a .22lr can , I called Tac , and they said ...we dont recomend it , that is using a .22lr can on a mag that is .

If you look up SAAMI specs both the .22lr AND the Mag operate at 24000 psi .... ?
I really dont think it would hurt the can as I've seen videos of .22lr cans where shot with ar15s .

They last awhile but they are really punishing the can with rapid fire and full auto , IIRC the can lasted to about round 90 .
I just cant see buying . 22 Mag can , or a bigger one to shoot .30 cal. too and just use it on the .22Mag .

Sorry I don't know how to rotate the pictures.
The top one is upside down as the group is 3 inches above POA , this was at 50 yds .

Ammo is CCI Maxi Mag 22 WMR HP+V 30 gr 2200 fps .

Attachment Attached File

This one also 2.75 to 3 inches high was using CCI V-MAX 22WMR Polymer tip ( black ) 2200 fps .

So I have high hopes for this rifle , there is a 3 hole clover leaf on the first target , plus I called the flier to the outside .
It could have been under 3/8" .
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thats what I have in mind too .
I've  got a .22lr can , I called Tac , and they said ...we dont recomend it , that is using a .22lr can on a mag that is .

If you look up SAAMI specs both the .22lr AND the Mag operate at 24000 psi .... ?
I really dont think it would hurt the can as I've seen videos of .22lr cans where shot with ar15s .

They last awhile but they are really punishing the can with rapid fire and full auto , IIRC the can lasted to about round 90 .
I just cant see buying . 22 Mag can , or a bigger one to shoot .30 cal. too and just use it on the .22Mag .

Sorry I don't know how to rotate the pictures.
The top one is upside down as the group is 3 inches above POA , this was at 50 yds .

Ammo is CCI Maxi Mag 22 WMR HP+V 30 gr 2200 fps .

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54321/20201007_130406_jpg-1626166.JPG

This one also 2.75 to 3 inches high was using CCI V-MAX 22WMR Polymer tip ( black ) 2200 fps .

So I have high hopes for this rifle , there is a 3 hole clover leaf on the first target , plus I called the flier to the outside .
It could have been under 3/8" .
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54321/20201007_130658_jpg-1626165.JPG
View Quote

I’m just going to get a 22LR.

There are several cans out there that are safe for 22 Mag. My AAC Element, SilencerCo Sparrow SS and Dead Air Mask will all do 22 Mag. The Mask and Sparrow are rated for 5.7x28.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are looking at getting an old tbolt in a wood stock, make sure to disassemble it before purchase. The stocks were apparently dried with salt, and some remained, which can do a number on the rifle under the woodline.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But the trigger sucked for being a 700 dollar rifle .
View Quote

This surprises me as my T-bolt has a nice trigger as did the one I owned before.

Their triggers are adjustable, in case you didn't know that. My apologies if you did.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:49:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice, one of the shops I frequent has a T-Bolt that I’ve thought about buying several times.  The reports of a lousy trigger is what’s stopping me.  It’s a discontinued model and expensive, in small town Arkansas expensive 22s just don’t sell.

It’s this one ...

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/rifles/t-bolt/discontinued/t-bolt-suppressor-ready-carbon-fiber.html
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
There are videos on how to improve the stock trigger . The Jard trigger puts it into another category,  but pricey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top